Can Someone Explain this 1619, Don Lemon Quote?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
“Europeans did not found this country,” Lemon clarified. “[T]hey … had nothing to do with the founding of this country

How did Europeans have nothing to do with the founding of this country? They didn't write the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? They didn't risk so much to come over to this land?

I honestly don't understand how somebody can say something so obtuse. Yet, these type of claims consistently come from the left.

“Europeans did not found this country,” Lemon clarified. “[T]hey … had nothing to do with the founding of this country

How did Europeans have nothing to do with the founding of this country? They didn't write the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? They didn't risk so much to come over to this land?

I honestly don't understand how somebody can say something so obtuse. Yet, these type of claims consistently come from the left.
this is a tricky one,,
one is he doesnt know the difference between a country and a continent,,

the other is if I'm not mistaken is most of the founders were born here and therefor were not europeans,,,

either way don is a racist idiot,,

It is a Don Lemon quote, meaning 2 things: 1. It does not merit quoting. 2. It does not have to have an explanation or be logical, which explains why #1. applies.

Because they reflect the results of unquestioned and unchallenged Leftist indoctrination and propaganda feed via the K-12+4(+) years of "pubic edjackation".

Brain damage?

The 13 colonies residents were British mostly and Paul Revere don't ride warning that "the British are coming" but rather that "the redcoats are coming".

Lemon doesn't even understand his own comments. He doesn't understand history, or more accurately, he glosses over it in favour of some revisionism that makes him feel better about himself.

He's one of those guys who is mentally stuck in his teens, where his circle of friends can convince him that the sky is green and he will repeat it because they are his buddies.

The 13 colonies residents were British mostly and Paul Revere don't ride warning that "the British are coming" but rather that "the redcoats are coming".
Correct. They still considered themselves British. He would have in essence been yelling "we are coming."
William Dawes gave the warning that the regulators are coming. Apologies to Longfellow.

The 1619 project teaches that the people did not found a nation until black slaves arrived. This is a necessary prerequisite to the Revolutionary War. Revisionist history tells them that Britain ordered an end to slavery and Americans went to war, not for freedom but to preserve slavery.

Last edited:
Correct. They still considered themselves British. He would have in essence been yelling "we are coming."
William Dawes gave the warning that the regulators are coming. Apologies to Longfellow.

The 1619 project teaches that the people did not found a nation until black slaves arrived. This is a necessary prerequisite to the Revolutionary War. Revisionist history tells them that Britain ordered an end to slavery and Americans went to war, not for freedom but to preserve slavery.
Exactly. But, neither Dawes nor Revere actually complete the ride. Only Samuel Prescott made it.

Nothing rhymes with "Prescott" so Revere got the credit.

Don Lemon thinks the anus is a sex organ, so he's liable to say a lot of stupid things.

this is a tricky one,,

the other is if I'm not mistaken is most of the founders were born here and therefor were not europeans,,,

Actually, until we were established as a nation, a democratic republic, a society of states, all that were here were not Americans....they were the nationality of the country of their ancestors.
If there is no nation, than you are a citizen of your ancestors.
This is fact. Look it up.

How do I explain his comments?

DRUGS---lots and lots of drugs.

I've run into many that pretend that this country started somehow with the indians, or "First Nations" as they moronically call them.

this is a tricky one,,

Actually, until we were established as a nation, a democratic republic, a society of states, all that were here were not Americans....they were the nationality of the country of their ancestors.
If there is no nation, than you are a citizen of your ancestors.
This is fact. Look it up.
europe is a continent not a country,,

Forum List

Back