Can somebody please name just one thing, just one, that NK has done to anybody??

Um, turning a few dozen million men, women and children into destitute prisoners?

Shooting people who try to escape the country?

Torturing and killing a few hundred thousand people who spoke their mind?

Stuff like that, you mean?
Those are just the kind of things to be expected from any truly great progressives leader. You're talking about government torture and murder as if they were bad

It did not, USSR collapsed because it could not keep up with America's militarily or economically. And it needed to do both in order to maintain it's world influence. If it didn't not have to A) keep up with America for influence and B) Not have to worry about a war with America, it would have certainly flourished.
If Russia/China got to do whatever they wanted without having to worry about the VERY big brother in the west...they would have long ago taken over the Middle East...including Afghanistan. They lost in Afghan because of several reasons, one of them being America supplying Afghan with weaponry and using it's influence to get Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to provide military aide as well. They would have strongarmed everyone else to control the entire Peninsula. Of that, there is no doubt.

People across the globe owe their existence to America having the worlds biggest stick...by far.
America's influence and protection are what gives most people across the globe their freedom and Democracies.
I can be proud of us at times. When we are in a situation like this, though, I am not feeling it.
And Mike says I'm a media fed puppet....
North Korea hasn't just fucked with our allies, they have threatened the US with nuclear strikes on many occasions. What the fuck is this "imperialism" bullshit?
That's very true. WHY do they see us as a threat? Could it be because we are parked on their border with our finest military on the planet? We have been there since LONG before nuclear weapons were a twinkle in a dictator's eye. I'm glad we could help South Korea, but we didn't do it to be helpful OR to make them "free." We did it to keep a weak country as ally in Asia on the border of China where we really want to be hanging out.
Please.
...and why did we park our ships on their border?
She hates the United States for helping to prevent South Korea from being just like north.

There is no reasoning with such people because you cannot reason a person out of a position when they never used any reason to establish it.

Her antipathy to western values blinds her.

OldLady ?

Nah. She is a good person. She is at least honest, and I have seen her more than once acknowledge she might be wrong about something and willing to be open minded. We could use a whole lot more of that. Just because someone doesn't always agree with you does not, in ANY way, mean they are a bad person.
Take rightwinger ... he an I are on the opposite side politically of a whole heckuva lot of things. But I would love to have a beer with him, in RL he is probably a pretty decent guy.

I can be proud of us at times. When we are in a situation like this, though, I am not feeling it.
North Korea hasn't just fucked with our allies, they have threatened the US with nuclear strikes on many occasions. What the fuck is this "imperialism" bullshit?
That's very true. WHY do they see us as a threat? Could it be because we are parked on their border with our finest military on the planet? We have been there since LONG before nuclear weapons were a twinkle in a dictator's eye. I'm glad we could help South Korea, but we didn't do it to be helpful OR to make them "free." We did it to keep a weak country as ally in Asia on the border of China where we really want to be hanging out.
Please.
She hates the United States for helping to prevent South Korea from being just like north.

There is no reasoning with such people because you cannot reason a person out of a position when they never used any reason to establish it.

OldLady ?

Nah. She is a good person. She is at least honest, and I have seen her more than once acknowledge she might be wrong about something and willing to be open minded. We could use a whole lot more of that. Just because someone doesn't always agree with you does not, in ANY way, mean they are a bad person.
Take rightwinger ... he an I are on the opposite side politically of a whole heckuva lot of things. But I would love to have a beer with him, in RL he is probably a pretty decent guy.
Well, except he thinks the Oak Island Money Pit is a boring hoax. Other than that, he's a pretty good guy.

You could be right. But communism collapsed of its own horrific idealized weight, didn't it? I'm not saying the US is the only one who stuck their noses in. Communism was what some folks wanted, bless their hearts. China and Russia had a bazillion peasants who were sick of living like slaves, anyway. No way it could have taken over in the West without a bunch of unhappy plebes. Which we were smart enough not to have.
I'm talking out my ass. Forgive me. I just hate all this sticking our noses in.

It did not, USSR collapsed because it could not keep up with America's militarily or economically. And it needed to do both in order to maintain it's world influence. If it didn't not have to A) keep up with America for influence and B) Not have to worry about a war with America, it would have certainly flourished.
If Russia/China got to do whatever they wanted without having to worry about the VERY big brother in the west...they would have long ago taken over the Middle East...including Afghanistan. They lost in Afghan because of several reasons, one of them being America supplying Afghan with weaponry and using it's influence to get Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to provide military aide as well. They would have strongarmed everyone else to control the entire Peninsula. Of that, there is no doubt.

People across the globe owe their existence to America having the worlds biggest stick...by far.
America's influence and protection are what gives most people across the globe their freedom and Democracies.
Please.

One of the greatest leaders of all time...Winston Churchill said "You cannot negotiate with a tiger, if your head is in it's mouth!"
Always be thankful that America is the world's Tiger. Our Navy alone can destroy whole countries, they are not just city destroyers...with full usage...they can turn an entire country into a fine powder. And not use a single nuclear weapon in the process.
Thank God it is America that has this might. And not someone else.
Yes, we are fortunate there.

Korean Leaders Call For ‘Complete Denuclearization’ Of The Peninsula, End Of Korean War
“The two leaders declare before our people of 80 million and the entire world there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula and a new age of peace has begun,” the declaration said.

Other than showing the world these half ass NUKE test, what harm exactly has this little yellow guy done?

WHEN THE MUSLIMS DECLARE PEACE.....THAN LETS TALK!!

This level of ignorance is irresponsible.

And Unk just won the thread... fucking brilliant.

Korean Leaders Call For ‘Complete Denuclearization’ Of The Peninsula, End Of Korean War
“The two leaders declare before our people of 80 million and the entire world there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula and a new age of peace has begun,” the declaration said.

Other than showing the world these half ass NUKE test, what harm exactly has this little yellow guy done?

Ask Otto Warmbier's parents.

And this is, hands down, the DUMBEST thread ever posted.

You, who are supposed to be all about equal treatment and human rights....makes a thread like this.

Good God

She's a complete moron. But at least by letting her post on USMB, she's not out and about endangering people in the real world.

And this is, hands down, the DUMBEST thread ever posted.

You, who are supposed to be all about equal treatment and human rights....makes a thread like this.

Good God

She's a complete moron. But at least by letting her post on USMB, she's not out and about endangering people in the real world.

Or playing in traffic...

Um, turning a few dozen million men, women and children into destitute prisoners?

Shooting people who try to escape the country?

Torturing and killing a few hundred thousand people who spoke their mind?

Stuff like that, you mean?
You forgot the kidnapping of Japanese citizens in an attempt to turn them into NK spies.

You also forgot the assassination of a brother-in-law in a SE Asian airport.

You also forgot the random shelling of SK and the sinking of SK ships.

good correction there.cant leave those details out.LOL

I'm not sure what your point is, but this morning I was thinking, this is the bullshit we end up with when two major world powers stick their nose in a little bitty country's civil war. Ought to be illegal for any country to get involved in another country's business. We were terrified that communism was going to take over the world and China was jovially playing along with the North Koreans who wanted to go red.
Now 65 years later, instead of Korea being able to sort it out for themselves and end this damned thing, the US and China are the ones who will decide if peace happens for Koreans.
Sometimes the US makes me sick.

Hmm...you do realize that Communism WOULD have taken over the world if it wasn't for constant U.S. intervention throughout the 60's - 80's??
1) Soviet Union would absolutely still exist.
2) They would have most likely controlled the VAST majority of world oil reserves.
3) China and the USSR would most likely have a strong relationship, with China likely controlling all of Asia including Japan.

You could go on.
The world would look entirely different if not for the USA.
You could be right. But communism collapsed of its own horrific idealized weight, didn't it? I'm not saying the US is the only one who stuck their noses in. Communism was what some folks wanted, bless their hearts. China and Russia had a bazillion peasants who were sick of living like slaves, anyway. No way it could have taken over in the West without a bunch of unhappy plebes. Which we were smart enough not to have.
It is truly amazing that our government STILL has American troops on the Korean Peninsula. It only inflames relations between the two nations. The North Koreans will never forget the American air force bombing the shit out of them, just as they did the Germans, Japanese, Vietnamese, Iraqis...see a pattern yet? We need to get our government to stop intervening militarily all around the world.

Also, have they not put sanctions on NK? Which only harms the people, not their leadership which caused the problem...funny they also sanctioned Russia, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Japan, etc............................................sanctions are an act of war.

Remember this gem from a disgusting blood thirsty warmonger? Madeline Halfbright...watch as she justifies 500,000 deaths of children.

I wish we didn't feel the need to be in South Korea, but it's not to protect South Korea, I know that for sure. Of course our presence is inflaming relations between the two nations. But we have to make sure China read the book, too, before we turn around and walk away. I don't think we ought to go to far--maybe Japan.

I'm not sure what your point is, but this morning I was thinking, this is the bullshit we end up with when two major world powers stick their nose in a little bitty country's civil war. Ought to be illegal for any country to get involved in another country's business. We were terrified that communism was going to take over the world and China was jovially playing along with the North Koreans who wanted to go red.
Now 65 years later, instead of Korea being able to sort it out for themselves and end this damned thing, the US and China are the ones who will decide if peace happens for Koreans.

Hmm...you do realize that Communism WOULD have taken over the world if it wasn't for constant U.S. intervention throughout the 60's - 80's??
2) They would have most likely controlled the VAST majority of world oil reserves.
3) China and the USSR would most likely have a strong relationship, with China likely controlling all of Asia including Japan.

You could go on.
It is truly amazing that our government STILL has American troops on the Korean Peninsula. It only inflames relations between the two nations. The North Koreans will never forget the American air force bombing the shit out of them, just as they did the Germans, Japanese, Vietnamese, Iraqis...see a pattern yet? We need to get our government to stop intervening militarily all around the world.

Also, have they not put sanctions on NK? Which only harms the people, not their leadership which caused the problem...funny they also sanctioned Russia, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Japan, etc............................................sanctions are an act of war.

Remember this gem from a disgusting blood thirsty warmonger? Madeline Halfbright...watch as she justifies 500,000 deaths of children.

I wish we didn't feel the need to be in South Korea, but it's not to protect South Korea, I know that for sure. Of course our presence is inflaming relations between the two nations. But we have to make sure China read the book, too, before we turn around and walk away. I don't think we ought to go to far--maybe Japan.

Of course it is to protect South Korea. They are a key ally in the region. Without them the entire region would be a Chinese province.
And that can't happen.

When you think of world politics, and the entire global theater.
What kind of a world would this be if China was in complete dominance? Before you answer that....consider that the vast majority of Chinese people have no access to modern healthcare. The vast majority of Chinese live in third world conditions. A country that is surpassing America's economic position....and for many it is still one of the poorest countries in the world.
What about Russia?
That's easy.... they would immediately revive the Soviet Union. They would work for the next 10-15 years in a military rebuildup and certainly take over the world oil reserves and dominate the entire eastern hemisphere.
What about Iran? Syria?

Imagine ANY of these countries with our military. A true nightmare.
America may not be perfect, some of it's past shenanigans not so awesome....but the best thing for the ENTIRE world is it is America that has the military might that dwarfs everyone else's. The top 3 countries would fall in a day against our Navy alone. And thank God for it.
WIthout it....the world would truly be an awful place.

And if we didn’t they would be up to their shenanigans daily. Our presence has kept them from reigniting that war full blown.

You could go on.

Well, NK (as you put it) , they have starved and suppressed their own people for over 60 years, and created a paranoid dynasty that fears freedom so much they starve their own people in an effort to counter paranoid threats by creating REAL WMD's.

Please.

OldLady ?

I don't think she is a bad person, just too much of a reflexively anti-American leftist.

Just as there are some uttely jingoistic people on the right with an "America, love it or leave it" attitude, there are an equal number of stubborn leftists who refuse to acknowledge when we have benefited the word.

Anybody who could look at the stark contrast between North Korea and south and express only hatred of the united states is beyond reason.

I have to say, you bring new meaning to the word "ignorant" with almost every post you make.

The abductions of Japanese citizens from Japan by agents of the North Korean government took place during a period of six years from 1977 to 1983.[1] Although only 17 Japanese (eight men and nine women) are officially recognized by the Japanese government as having been abducted,[2] there may have been hundreds of victims.[3] The North Korean government has officially admitted to abducting 13 Japanese citizens.[4][5]

There are testimonies that many non-Japanese citizens, including nine European citizens,[6] have been abducted by North Korea.[7]

North Korean abductions of Japanese citizens - Wikipedia

North Korean artillery hits South Korean island‎

Koreas in border artillery clash

N Korean torpedo' sank navy ship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16351419
A North Korean submarine's torpedo sank a South Korean navy ship on 26 March causing the deaths of 46 sailors, an international report has found.
Investigators said they had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.

'N Korean torpedo' sank navy ship

Anybody remember the USS Pueblo? What a total farce that was? And how much that echoed into Iran and abduction of Americans became legitimate foreign policy for a awhile?

Forum List

Back