Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

I've answered this one several times. Asymmetric warfare has been successful for several countries that were technologically less advanced than the other side. Afghanistan and Vietnam come to mind.

Another issue is that it's illegal for the regular military to enforce US law so the Government would have to rely on the National Guard and the police. These forces would potentially be firing on their friends, family and neighbors and they will not do that. If you bring National Guard and police from other states I bet money they will have to fight there counter parts and then we have a civil war.

After Katrina, it wasn't the Louisiana National Guard going door to door taking guns; it was the Oklahoma National Guard. The Utah National Guard was asked but refused. And the California Highway Patrol was also confiscating guns. Probably others, as well.

They took the guard out of their homes so they weren't targeting their neighbors.

I hope we're all smarter than that but also remember that the Defense Department is in the middle of a purge and only the woke will survive. Don't be so sure that they won't fight their neighbors.

"Cuba doesn't have access to the international banking system or lines of credit."

Thank Castro for that. Nothing stopping them from rejoining. And Cuba can import anything it wants.

CUBA AND IMF MEMBERSHIP​

Cuba was an original member of the IMF. However, it withdrew in 1964, one of very few members that have taken such a drastic step in the three-quarters of a century since the institution’s founding.

The following product groups represent the highest dollar value in Cuba’s import purchases during 2020. Also shown is the percentage share each product category represents in terms of overall imports into Cuba.
  1. Machinery including computers: US$509.3 million (14.8% of total imports)
  2. Electrical machinery, equipment: $303.3 million (8.8%)
  3. Meat: $269.3 million (7.8%)
  4. Cereals: $243.7 million (7.1%)
  5. Plastics, plastic articles: $164.2 million (4.8%)
  6. Dairy, eggs, honey: $138.1 million (4%)
  7. Vehicles: $121.5 million (3.5%)
  8. Articles of iron or steel: $104.5 million (3%)
  9. Furniture, bedding, lighting, signs, prefabricated buildings: $87.2 million (2.5%)
  10. Other chemical goods: $81.2 million (2.4%)
And Cuba lifted its own sanctions to get medical supplies. So go pound sand.

Furthermore:
The U.S. government told NBC News:

According to a U.S. State Department spokesperson, in 2019 the U.S. exported $3.7 million worth of medicine and supplies to Cuba, including diagnostic equipment and supplies “to support the Cuban people.” They also authorized the export of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of medical goods in 2019 (President Trump) . The U.S. accuses Cuba’s government of mismanaging its economy and of not addressing the Cuban people’s most basic needs. “It alone is responsible for the ongoing medical supply shortages,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

They could be the richest nation in the Caribbean if they exported all their cars.

/———-/I said the Constitution has several age restrictions, and I listed two examples, one for the 2nd, one for the 14th. Sorry I confused you. I’ll dumb down my responses to you in the future.
The 2nd has no age limit. GCA 1968 intruduced the first Federal age limit. For 177 years, we did fine without an age limit because parents and adults in the life of a child acted like parents and adults. Then we get jaxson, who is neither a responsible parent nor a responsible adult.

But responsible parenting laws at the State level, which are absolutely constitutional, do not allow you to put your child in danger. He loses.

Your post was idiotic and wrong:

“If law-abiding people are disarmed by law…”

There is no ‘if.’

There is no effort, advocacy, or desire to ‘disarm’ law-abiding people – whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Americans will have ample access to firearms for lawful self-defense.

And the notion that Americans need to be armed to ‘defend against’ a government having become ‘tyrannical’ is just as idiotic and wrong.

Of course not.

In fact, the only people who belong to a ‘militia’ are those serving in their state’s National Guard.

A ‘militia’ can exist only when sanctioned and authorized by a state government or the Federal government.

Private armed citizens cannot unilaterally declare themselves to be a ‘militia’; doing so is nothing but a pathetic rightwing fantasy.
You're right; citizens cannot make themselves into a militia. They can have a club, a bunch of friends playing army in the woods, etc., but not a militia.

But, even by the law, every male 17 to 45 is in the militia. So you don't know what you're talking about.

Lots of good defenders of the 2nd Amendment on this thread but, please, if you don't know your shit, sometimes it's best to just sit it out.

Jaxson is right. There's no constitutional age limit for the right to keep and bear arms and the GCA 1968, in its entirety, including the age limit, is unconstitutional.

One of the Founders, I'm not going to look it up right now, is quoted as having talked about one of the natural exercises and enjoyments for a boy is to get his gun and go out shooting. Their intent was no age limit. And there was no rash of children using guns to break the law that drove the age limit in GCA; GCA was simply gun control - no actual problems that it was intended to solve other than the left's fear of a population able to defend itself.

Had the Founders the ability to look into the future and see that the future would hold such idiots as jaxson, though, they probably would have put in an age limit. They understood at the time that parents wouldn't send a 6-year-old to a school with a gun. But his 11-year-old big brother might have one to protect them both to and from school.

What you're missing is that the picture demonstrates that tyrants keep their heads low and out of the way in countries where there are plenty of guns; there's no reason or need to overthrow a tyrant - just exactly because we have guns.

Where the people don't have guns, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, even Western nations such as Australia, they have tyrants exactly because they do not have gun.

The photo you posted doesn't prove what you're hoping it proves.

Denmark. The government has taken over the agriculture industry, essentially put the farmers out of business, and is now running them off their own lands because of -- -- -- nitrogen, you know, 78% of what you breath. Meantime, Denmark is a major supplier of food and we are already facing a world food shortage to hit us by next Spring.
I saw those stories about the Netherlands but even Googling before I asked you I don't see the stories about Denmark. Do you have any links?

There is no effort, advocacy, or desire to ‘disarm’ law-abiding people – whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Your post is idiocy.

Your posts are idiocy because they don't reflect the facts. The facts are that whenever liberals are in control, they disarm everyone, except the criminals and government (police). That's reality, the truth, the facts, and you can deny it all you want, but that's what liberals do (I live that here right now in New York City, a state and city run by liberals). The only reason the whole country isn't disarmed right now is thanks to the Republicans and a few level-headed Democrats that see the value of an armed, law-abiding citizenry. Most of the politicians defending our rights to own firearms, including combat rifles are conservative Republicans. They're correct. I don't agree with the Republicans on many issues but I do agree with them on their strong stance on the Second Amendment.

Wrong…..the private sector isn’t insulated the way the public sector is….

What do you mean by "insulated"? We have no recourse in the private sector unless we're unionized. It's better to work in a sector that isn't driven by private profits but in the service of the public good. You have more processes and systems in place to protect workers than in a private for-profit fiefdom (i.e. private business enterprise). It's astonishing how supposed Libertarians who portray themselves as the champions of freedom, are so quick to consign the vast majority of people to the tyranny of the capitalist workplace. The vast majority of people have to sell their labor power (their lives) to a capitalist for eight, twelve, and sixteen hours a day, working in an absolute dictatorship. At least in government, we have elections and working for the public sector your work has more inherent value and meaning. You're working for the public good rather than a greedy capitalist that is exploiting you like an animal to get richer at your expense. You produce $2000 worth of products daily and the capitalist hands you $50, or maybe $100 if you're lucky.

The truth is that we don't need the fief-lords of capital, we can produce everything we consume without them. We can all own the means of production together, and produce everything we need through worker-owned, democratically run cooperatives. We could work in a workplace where management is always accountable to their subordinates because they were elected into that position of management and authority by the very people they manage. There's mutual accountability. Workers are not just mere employees but rather worker-owners. They own and operate the business enterprise or the production operation together. Each worker attends meetings, and classes to learn about the business, the products that they produce, and how to best manage the business or operation (it's not necessarily a business operation hence the distinction).

I saw those stories about the Netherlands but even Googling before I asked you I don't see the stories about Denmark. Do you have any links?

Google? Try Bing or Duck Duck. I haven't used Google in 20 years. Here is one link, but the story is ongoing months old, it would take ten more links to get the full story, and even at that, I only rely on the internet for half the news I get.

Concession of what? Acknowledging that an armed populace is very difficult to impose tyranny on? Apparently, you were not aware that the first thing a dictator does is disarm the populace. Makes it a lot easier.
You're delusional if that's why you have guns. Get help asap.

Until GCA 1968, it was legal for the 6-year-old to have a gun. But if you sent your kid to school with a gun, you would have been arrested for child endangerment, and your child taken away from you, just as if you had sent your child to school with a butcher knife or a sack of arsenic or a jar of anti-freeze.

Bad parenting is bad parenting, whether it's about a gun or anything else.
That's not what the 2nd says. You must be a communist.

What you're missing is that the picture demonstrates that tyrants keep their heads low and out of the way in countries where there are plenty of guns; there's no reason or need to overthrow a tyrant - just exactly because we have guns.

Where the people don't have guns, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, even Western nations such as Australia, they have tyrants exactly because they do not have gun.

The photo you posted doesn't prove what you're hoping it proves.
If you're reasoning to have a gun is to overthrown tyrants, then you're delusional. You need a better excuse.

You don't have to be able to withstand the full force of the American military to make tyranny too costly, and tens of millions of private citizens in possession of hundreds of millions of firearms can make the cost of tyranny very high indeed.
Lol…I love how all these cowboys think a war with a foreign country like Afghanistan or Vietnam would be the same as the US government defending against uprising.

First they would easily squash and movement before you could mobile and attack or defend yourself. Second with modern surveillance tactics you could organize a big enough resistance without getting exposed.

Back even 100’yrs ago civilians could arm to compete with their governments, now the technology is too wide. Civilians don’t have a chance. That is the reason you don’t see uprising or civil wars anywhere in the world anymore. Not in Latin America, not in Asia (Myanmar was the last one), and not even in Africa!

I am sorry but you little AR-15 would have no effect.

Lol…I love how all these cowboys think a war with a foreign country like Afghanistan or Vietnam would be the same as the US government defending against uprising.

First they would easily squash and movement before you could mobile and attack or defend yourself. Second with modern surveillance tactics you could organize a big enough resistance without getting exposed.

Back even 100’yrs ago civilians could arm to compete with their governments, now the technology is too wide. Civilians don’t have a chance. That is the reason you don’t see uprising or civil wars anywhere in the world anymore. Not in Latin America, not in Asia (Myanmar was the last one), and not even in Africa!

I am sorry but you little AR-15 would have no effect.
Come get them, doosh.

M14.jpg

Forum List

Back