Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago
It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.

It's impossible for a militia with small arms to defeat a modern standing army ...

e2703c0ea2c44f2f417e531172b01446.jpg

The five previous responses pretty much say it all to discredit your thought process. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting. So, why even bring it up?
If our tyrannical leaders attempt to take away our guns, we will defend the Constitution with those guns. We may lose, but we will fight. Because, if we lose our guns, we lose our liberty, freedom and religion. And, we won't allow that to happen. As Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death." We aren't afraid to die for our liberty and freedom. Some of you may want to give up and give into tyranny of the left. But, this won't continue very much longer. The Second Coming of Christ is around the corner. Whose on the Lord side who? Those who defend the Constitution is who is on the Lord side.

Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!​

No one is telling that. Your Founding Fathers said that. There are a hundred million gun owners in America with 300 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunition! That makes Americans the largest standing army in the world, if we should be so provoked to organize and fight united.

Of course, a lone person with a handgun is not going to hold off SWAT teams and crowds of cops! That was never the intention.

The government counts on pussies like you all-too-ready to surrender and give up before the fight even begins.

With God's help we pray it never comes to such a battle, but good to know you've already given up should it happen, you will be among the first to die or maybe turn traitor and join the other side.

BY ALL MEANS please do surrender to tyranny at your first chance! There is no room for cowards or traitors in America.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
These people are terrified. They've always been paranoid about the government, but now they're also afraid that the Chinese tanks will be rolling down Main Street any moment. They think we live in tyranny. This is what their media has done to them.

Imagine going through life like that.

Why would I stop repeating the truth?

You should take some time out and learn little history.

1657319876648.png

Every time I see an anti-gun rant in this particular angle of attack, it just makes me laugh.
At you & everyone ignorant enough to believe a word you said. Hitler would've loved you sheep.

All you are showing me is your own lack of courage & pathological fear of a tool.
Typical progjection thinking everyone else is a bed wetter who wouldn't defend themselves from a little girl with a sharp stick, much less from real danger.

nazi-hitler-disarm.jpg

When I hear "gun nuts" I always think DEMOCRAT

You American liberals are the problem, it's not gun ownership or Americans owning combat rifles. You can't even define what a woman is anymore and you're subjecting children to dangerous hormone treatments and sex reassignment surgery, then you wonder why people are going postal? You want to blame guns, but you fail to see that the problem is our modern culture, fueled by capitalist decadence. Much of all of this gender confusion, feminism, the breakup of the traditional family, the pornography, is all the result of profit pursuing capitalists exploiting human vice and attempting to control consumers and what they consume.

Why are there so many people today hooked on anti-depressants? More than ever today, we have a mental health crisis. You want to disarm good, law abiding Americans? Why would anyone want to disarm the populace? You're not going to protect them by doing that. The working-class, the American people should always remain armed. If anyone is going to be disarmed, let it be the capitalists. The wealthy elites, the bankers, disarm them. Disarm the politicians, but arm the people. Working families, the average, law abiding American should always have access to firearms, especially combat rifles. Your assumption that Americans can't organize a guerilla force and fight tyranny shows how naive and ignorant you are of warfare.

These people are terrified. They've always been paranoid about the government, but now they're also afraid that the Chinese tanks will be rolling down Main Street any moment. They think we live in tyranny. This is what their media has done to them.

Imagine going through life like that.

Imagine going through life thinking the entire world is racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc. Imagine living a life in pure anger at any political opposition. Imagine a life dwelling on ONE president, and angrily foaming at the mouth at even the mention of his name. Imagine living a life where you hate your own nation, becvause you think your nation is always wrong. If you're a democrat, you don't have to imagine.

These people are terrified. They've always been paranoid about the government

Asshole, America was FOUNDED on the principle of an armed populace with a government of the people. Vigilance against tyranny is at the heart of Americanism learned by picking up any history book and reading what happens to all populations disarmed! Including what just happened to Australians just last year during Covid. They damn well sure wish they had their guns back now.

Please move to another country of assholes and cowards where you can be an asset to them.

Forum List

Back