Can everyone here give examples of white privilege?

I had to struggle every day of my life. The funny thing is that when I saw photos of Watts after the riot and the residents were saying how horrible it was, I saw that Watts was a lot nicer than the area where I grew up in. I was a minority in a minority district. 90 percent of my High School Graduating class was non-white, mostly Asian and Latino with a percentage of blacks that outnumbered whites. To look at me you'd think I was Latino, I was always getting mistake for Cuban in school.
You struggled. Just not based on hurdles put in your path because of your race.

Exactly!
He never had to because white people never had to live such struggles based solely on their race.
The privilege is always being immune to such injustices.

Get it now?
No. Tell it to the Poles, Irish, Scottish, Italians, Czechs, Romanians, Russians, French (to some extent) Hungarians, Swedes, Finns and Jews, all of whom were discriminated against when they came here. The only white privilege they had was dying of disease, accident or starvation trying to make a life in the USA for them and their families.

You struggled. Just not based on hurdles put in your path because of your race.
I struggled with the same hurdles that other people faced. As an Adult I struggled with hurdles placed there to advantage minorities and women. Affirmative Action was in place throughout my entire adult working life and cost me many job and career opportunities. But you know what? I never resented it because it was levelling the playing field and I was confident that someday it would end and we would all be treated equally under the law. What I'm seeing now is that the government will never allow it to end because playing one group off against another is advantagous to the politicians.

Exactly!
He never had to because white people never had to live such struggles based solely on their race.
The privilege is always being immune to such injustices.

Get it now?
So you think it's not okay to face hurdles based upon race, but it's okay to face them based upon religion, social class or education. That makes you as racist as IM2. You view everything through a prism of race.

And white privilege has nothing to do with that. That all has to to with upbringing by black parents. That can only be changed by them.
You seem to me to be a smart guy - but somehow you can't accept the fact that white privileges stem from the past. Meaning that wealth and education amassed in general by whites has given us an advantage (a formidable lead) in forming our character, educational background and social behavior.
Blacks have the same constitutional rights as whites in the USA only realistically/factually since around the 70's. The same goes for the "acceptance/tolerance" by Whites towards Blacks.

My personal opinion is that Blacks will take therefore logically far longer then just 50 years to be on par with Whites who had the means to further elope/evolve unobstructed in the past 3-4 centuries.
Till this is going to happen (if ever) the majority of Blacks will continue to point out (excuse themselves) to that in the past acquired White privilege.

That is why I had pointed out the issue South Africa and Zimbabwe. Black rule was destined to fail since their character/attitude and social behavior stems from the 16th/17th century. It was mostly White liberals and greenies who simply ignored that fact and ignorantly kept pushing/promoting their agenda of human and equal rights onto a racial group that simply did not behold the necessary criteria to succeed or match the previous ruling white society.

White privilege is derived from a system built by white people for white people. It’s the cultural standard if you will. White folks don’t always recognize the hurdles others face under that system that they themselves do not. That is the privilege. Not only not facing those hurdles but even needing to recognize they exist at all.

If the postings here so far don’t show you that, then nothing will.

I think I made it quite clear that White privilege stems (has it's roots) in the past. It has gives us Whites a lead to develop a social culture and social behavior. And it will take e.g. Blacks most likely centuries to catch up.
A present racial white privilege does not exist in the USA by law - society related racial issues can't simply be overturned in a night.

However there are countries that factually presently promote racial privileges by law. It is countries such as Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia, who refer to it as Bumi system. Roughly translated as "locals first" it is defined via race and religion. So in e.g. Malaysia a Malaysian citizen of Chinese, Indian, or European heritage does not have the same legal rights and state preferences as a Muslim Malay. That is indeed a RACIAL PRIVILEGE

There is no such system presently in the USA - so there is no state promoted racial preference system in the USA - there is only a social discrepancy between Whites and others - most apparent in regards to Blacks. And this social discrepancy has its roots in a previous White privilege system that was abandoned in the USA since the 70's.

You seem to me to be a smart guy - but somehow you can't accept the fact that white privileges stem from the past. Meaning that wealth and education amassed in general by whites has given us an advantage (a formidable lead) in forming our character, educational background and social behavior.
Blacks have the same constitutional rights as whites in the USA only realistically/factually since around the 70's. The same goes for the "acceptance/tolerance" by Whites towards Blacks.

My personal opinion is that Blacks will take therefore logically far longer then just 50 years to be on par with Whites who had the means to further elope/evolve unobstructed in the past 3-4 centuries.
Till this is going to happen (if ever) the majority of Blacks will continue to point out (excuse themselves) to that in the past acquired White privilege.

That is why I had pointed out the issue South Africa and Zimbabwe. Black rule was destined to fail since their character/attitude and social behavior stems from the 16th/17th century. It was mostly White liberals and greenies who simply ignored that fact and ignorantly kept pushing/promoting their agenda of human and equal rights onto a racial group that simply did not behold the necessary criteria to succeed or match the previous ruling white society.

The beverage store I frequent has an owner from India. He came here with a few bucks in his pocket and knew just enough English to get by. He worked night and day until he had the resources to open up his own beverage store. He's been quite successful. In fact his small parking lot is sometimes so full you can't get in the place.

He then parlayed his money into rental property and became a landlord of seven units. From there he parlayed the profit from both his investments and bought a hotel about 40 miles out of the city about ten years ago. His wife (that used to work at the beverage store) had to quit to run the hotel, and in this labor shortage, has to do much of the physical work herself.

These people came from another country and realized the American dream in their first generation. Now older, they still work night and day. And I know when he takes vacation. They only take two weeks a year because they love ship cruises.

Why can't black people who've been here for generations do the same?

The beverage store I frequent has an owner from India. He came here with a few bucks in his pocket and knew just enough English to get by. He worked night and day until he had the resources to open up his own beverage store. He's been quite successful. In fact his small parking lot is sometimes so full you can't get in the place.

He then parlayed his money into rental property and became a landlord of seven units. From there he parlayed the profit from both his investments and bought a hotel about 40 miles out of the city about ten years ago. His wife (that used to work at the beverage store) had to quit to run the hotel, and in this labor shortage, has to do much of the physical work herself.

These people came from another country and realized the American dream in their first generation. Now older, they still work night and day. And I know when he takes vacation. They only take two weeks a year because they love ship cruises.

Why can't black people who've been here for generations do the same?
I am sure that you can find the same "individual success story" also among the Black community.

Those e.g. Indians who immigrate into other countries are already far more educated or if you prefer of higher personal intellect and self motivation due to their own character then those hundreds of millions "vegetating" back in their home country. I personally am acquainted with such an Indian (a Hindu Tamil = black skinned) who started of as a valet parking guy in Malaysia - a country that by law upholds a racial, religious discriminatory system. Those Malaysian Indians that worked in 2001 with him are still valet parking guys - and keep complaining about racial/religious discrimination whilst he since 2012, started to run his own valet parking business in Malaysia and expanded it into neighboring Singapore. Since 2020 he additionally runs a car dealership in both countries.

So in this particular or your aforementioned example it is the individual character (independent of race or religion) that decides upon his lives progress or development.

This however does not change the fact that millions of Blacks in the USA (not to mention those hundreds of million "underprivileged" Indians in India) due to their culture and social traits won't be able to climb the ladder. So they will continue to blame White privileges in the USA just as hundred of millions of Indians keep blaming White Indian Privileges that "hinder" them.

I am sure that you can find the same "individual success story" also among the Black community.

Those e.g. Indians who immigrate into other countries are already far more educated or if you prefer of higher personal intellect and self motivation due to their own character then those hundreds of millions "vegetating" back in their home country. I personally am acquainted with such an Indian (a Hindu Tamil = black skinned) who started of as a valet parking guy in Malaysia - a country that by law upholds a racial, religious discriminatory system. Those Malaysian Indians that worked in 2001 with him are still valet parking guys - and keep complaining about racial/religious discrimination whilst he since 2012, started to run his own valet parking business in Malaysia and expanded it into neighboring Singapore. Since 2020 he additionally runs a car dealership in both countries.

So in this particular or your aforementioned example it is the individual character (independent of race or religion) that decides upon his lives progress or development.

This however does not change the fact that millions of Blacks in the USA (not to mention those hundreds of million "underprivileged" Indians in India) due to their culture and social traits won't be able to climb the ladder. So they will continue to blame White privileges in the USA just as hundred of millions of Indians keep blaming White Indian Privileges that "hinder" them.

Which is my entire point. The failures of the black community have zero to do with this phantom white privilege. It has to do with how they conduct themselves in our society. Whites have no ability to change that. They must change that on their own.

First start is keeping families together so a father figure is always present in the household. Their biggest failure is having children they really could never afford in the first place. Secondly is staying in high school. The dropout rate with black students if very high. This is due to parent(s) not getting involved with their children's educational process. Third is staying out of trouble with the law. Over 50% of US murders are committed by just 7% of our population which are black males. And blacks lead per capita in every violent crime category.

There is a reason property values drop when a community is over 40% black, and it's not the color of their skin. It's because they are loud, dirty and violent people in general.

Which is my entire point. The failures of the black community have zero to do with this phantom white privilege. It has to do with how they conduct themselves in our society. Whites have no ability to change that. They must change that on their own.
No and no again, you still negate/refute the fact that we Whites were able to develop and advance in our social/educational field for hundreds of years while the Blacks could/did not.

Just because e.g. the USA changed the laws in the 60's/70's - doesn't automatically result in Blacks being on par with us overnight in 1977 - and certainly also not within just 50 years.
Until the 70's there was indisputable a clear White privilege in the USA towards e.g. Blacks.

So yes - indeed we would need to take them by their hands (just like a kid) for the next 50-100 years to get them hopefully on par. And not just us Whites but also Black privileged people would need to participate.
Do we whites or Black privileged people want to do that? are we willing to do that? can we do that? That is the whole question/issue. Till then the so called social outcasts within the Black communities will revert and excuse themselves for ever with being victims of White Privilege deriving from the past.

No and no again, you still negate/refute the fact that we Whites were able to develop and advance in our social/educational field for hundreds of years while the Blacks could/did not.

Just because e.g. the USA changed the laws in the 60's/70's - doesn't automatically result in Blacks being on par with us overnight in 1977 - and certainly also not within just 50 years.
Until the 70's there was indisputable a clear White privilege in the USA towards e.g. Blacks.

So yes - indeed we would need to take them by their hands (just like a kid) for the next 50-100 years to get them hopefully on par. And not just us Whites but also Black privileged people would need to participate.
Do we whites or Black privileged people want to do that? are we willing to do that? can we do that? That is the whole question/issue. Till then the so called social outcasts within the Black communities will revert and excuse themselves for ever with being victims of White Privilege deriving from the past.

I was a teen in the 70's. There was no white privilege then and there isn't now. Social and economic factors effected our parents and grandparents, not us. Again, your life starts the day you were born. You don't need to take any adult by the hand to exercise the opportunities America has to offer.

I was a teen in the 70's. There was no white privilege then and there isn't now. Social and economic factors effected our parents and grandparents, not us. Again, your life starts the day you were born. You don't need to take any adult by the hand to exercise the opportunities America has to offer.
I had forwarded to you the issue of segregation-racial separation in the US Army at the officers mess, e.g. at Ft.Sill Oklahoma till 1977. Therefore your statement of no White privilege occurring in the 70's doesn't hold up. I was there in 1981 - seen photos and documentation at Ft. Sill myself. My father and his friend (both Luftwaffe) had bought houses and property in Colorado in the 60's and 70's and it was a fact that due to known reasons Blacks were not permitted to move into certain residential areas and as such no chance for their kids to attend respective schools.

Anyhow IMO, if the Black issue is to be handled/settled peacefully and honestly - there is no other way then to take them by their hands - you can't expect that the majority of Blacks will or can dig themselves out of their own embedded culture and social structures.

If you prefer that they dig themselves out - fine with me, but then don't be surprised that for the next 50-100 years this White privilege stuff isn't going to end.

Once again, I will question why a question like this is placed in the politics section and the mods leave it. Sadly, race is about politics for too many and then with the overlap of the outright racists, well........

This man would not have been shot if he was white.

A Man Who Allegedly Shot An Unarmed Black Airbnb Guest Who Was Crossing The Street Said “Oh, You Think You Can Run?” Before Firing His Weapon

This lady would not have been arrested and would have got the help she sought from the credit union if she had been white.

‘Banking while Black’: Crump sues on behalf of woman arrested in $600 deposit dispute

White privilege is white privilege. It’s the non whites, not just black folks, whose experiences differ.
Many issues. One is joining the unique American Culture. Diversity has screwed that up. And the elites were ingenious in dividing us all more than we were.

I had forwarded to you the issue of segregation-racial separation in the US Army at the officers mess, e.g. at Ft.Sill Oklahoma till 1977. Therefore your statement of no White privilege occurring in the 70's doesn't hold up. I was there in 1981 - seen photos and documentation at Ft. Sill myself. My father and his friend (both Luftwaffe) had bought houses and property in Colorado in the 60's and 70's and it was a fact that due to known reasons Blacks were not permitted to move into certain residential areas and as such no chance for their kids to attend respective schools.

Anyhow IMO, if the Black issue is to be handled/settled peacefully and honestly - there is no other way then to take them by their hands - you can't expect that the majority of Blacks will or can dig themselves out of their own embedded culture and social structures.

If you prefer that they dig themselves out - fine with me, but then don't be surprised that for the next 50-100 years this White privilege stuff isn't going to end.

White privilege is a phony made up concept by the left. It doesn't exist. It's like Santa Clause.

So tell us all this damage done to an entire race of people because way less than 1% of them had to sit together at the mess hall for a half-hour or hour a day. When I got out of Catholic school and went to public school in the early 70's, all the black kids sat at one table. We didn't have segregated areas, they just chose to be with their own kind while they enjoyed lunch.

By the time the 70's came along housing discrimination was against the law, so I don't believe this story of yours how blacks were not allowed to buy homes anywhere. Nobody would want to be charged with housing discrimination, pay Lord knows how much in legal fees and fines that come along with it. It's more likely they didn't have the money to afford those homes.

Forum List

Back