Can everyone here give examples of white privilege?

It’s not that kind of privilege, dope.
It’s the privilege that comes from not having to live with challenges that come as a result of your race. Up to and including the ability to ignore the fact that others of different races face challenges that you do not.

bullshit.gif

Funny thing is:

Nobody I know or have read here suggests any such thing. Are we fucking embarrassed that our history includes something as disgraceful as slavery? Generally, yep. We are.

On the other hand, we didn’t actually do the deeds. Some folks’ ancestors did. Shame on them.

Them.

But don’t think for a moment that we’re required to review every aspect of American history through your bullshit lens of racism.

That’s not teaching. That’s indoctrination.

Gfy.
American experiences aren’t always shared experiences but they are all a part of the same story.

We are turning in circles - White privilege, simply derives from the fact that whites in general belong to the better income class - via education and their behavioral culture
Those that are at the bottom of the ladder prefer to point out this single issue (missing $$$) being the reason for their own failures.
As such naturally they will point to the existing spiral of the previous centuries - thus excusing themselves with the argument of White Privileges.

See South Africa or Zimbabwe: I have been to these countries many times since the 70's - since 30 years and more these countries are run by Africans;
And they are all far worse off then before - they are in total chaos.
Again the white privilege came in - rich white people still controlling those countries due to the wealth they amassed in previous times - which is IMO total bullocks, since there are far more rich blacks in these countries since 2000 then whites.
So if it is supposedly the $$$ - well it obviously is not, it is a problem of culture, morals and social behavior. (part of education)
White privilege is derived from a system built by white people for white people. It’s the cultural standard if you will. White folks don’t always recognize the hurdles others face under that system that they themselves do not. That is the privilege. Not only not facing those hurdles but even needing to recognize they exist at all.

If the postings here so far don’t show you that, then nothing will.

White privilege is derived from a system built by white people for white people. It’s the cultural standard if you will. White folks don’t always recognize the hurdles others face under that system that they themselves do not. That is the privilege. Not only not facing those hurdles but even needing to recognize they exist at all.

If the postings here so far don’t show you that, then nothing will.

Apparently nothing will. So give us an example of one of these hurdles you speak of; not generalities, not leftist philosophy, an actual situation.

Isn't it hilarious that here you are in a thread complaining about white privilege while at the same time no one has a right to tell you not to speak spanish? I mean, dude, can you be anymore of a hypocrite?
But yet they do. From a position of privilege no less. They feel they have a right to.

The irony.

It’s been done.

It has, it's just that you can't provide it when asked and can't even give us a post number. Maybe you don't understand the request:

I worked with this one black guy and.......
I read an article of these black people that.....
I found out a school discriminated against a black girl because......

Now you see what we mean?

Therein lies the privilege. :uhoh3:

White folks have a lock on everything and therefore don’t live the misery others do because of it.

So much so in fact, you don’t even have to believe it’s real. You’re afforded all the benefit with none of the doubt.
If white people have it so good, how come I spent my young life living in secondhand clothes, working in grade school at a newspaper stand because I was too young to have a paper route. Always having month left after the money was gone?

It has, it's just that you can't provide it when asked and can't even give us a post number. Maybe you don't understand the request:

I worked with this one black guy and.......
I read an article of these black people that.....
I found out a school discriminated against a black girl because......

Now you see what we mean?
I’ve already provided it as have others. It’s your own incompetence that keeps it from you.

You missed the lesson that led to the removal of the sign. The sign is only a symbol of the bigotry that created that particular dynamic.
He removed the sign because he had never even thought about it. He wasn't a southerner and paid no attention to segregation. The main reason he removed the sign was that segregation was getting in the way of getting the job done, which was putting John Glenn into orbit. In the end that's always the downfall of racism, it removes the potential of a large part of the population.

If white people have it so good, how come I spent my young life living in secondhand clothes, working in grade school at a newspaper stand because I was too young to have a paper route. Always having month left after the money was gone?
It has nothing to do with your family or their struggles. It’s not about what you get or got. It’s about what you didn’t have to struggle through because of you race.

He removed the sign because he had never even thought about it. He wasn't a southerner and paid no attention to segregation. The main reason he removed the sign was that segregation was getting in the way of getting the job done, which was putting John Glenn into orbit. In the end that's always the downfall of racism, it removes the potential of a large part of the population.
He removed the sign because he had never even thought about it
Exactly!
He never had to because white people never had to live such struggles based solely on their race.
The privilege is always being immune to such injustices.

Get it now?

It has nothing to do with your family or their struggles. It’s not about what you get or got. It’s about what you didn’t have to struggle through because of you race.
I had to struggle every day of my life. The funny thing is that when I saw photos of Watts after the riot and the residents were saying how horrible it was, I saw that Watts was a lot nicer than the area where I grew up in. I was a minority in a minority district. 90 percent of my High School Graduating class was non-white, mostly Asian and Latino with a percentage of blacks that outnumbered whites. To look at me you'd think I was Latino, I was always getting mistake for Cuban in school.

Forum List

Back