Can Anyone Explain why Speedy Gonzalez Gets Brutally Cancelled -- BUT....

Depictions that were funny in the 40s and 50s are not so funny today.
So we don’t get cartoon negroes eating watermelon
Lazy Mexicans constantly taking siestas
Slant eyed Asians bowing and pulling rickshaws

Lighten up RW. It was cartoon, with good animation, great humor, the good guy (speed) won out. I suspect you liked it too. Don't carry guilt around for the art forms you enjoyed as a kid. When not on here, I bet you don't.

.... but steve martin, chevy chase, and martin short are stilling pulling down 6 figure royalties on this 1986 mockery of everything Mexican?? I needed an "old fashion" laugh and watched this for first time airing on cable.. "The 3 Amigos".

Seems to me that Speedy was kinder to Mexicans and did not appropriate their culture as clearly as this.

The cultural purge has no brains or no consistency. Just massive hypocrisy and double standards.

Please someone explain why nobody is demanding equal treatment..

View attachment 471412

Wait till cancel culture goes after all the Indiana Jones movies and the Young Indiana Jones series for all the stereotyping.

White man bad!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Indiana Jones kills brown man for simply juggling
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-shoot-out.jpg

.... but steve martin, chevy chase, and martin short are stilling pulling down 6 figure royalties on this 1986 mockery of everything Mexican?? I needed an "old fashion" laugh and watched this for first time airing on cable.. "The 3 Amigos".

Seems to me that Speedy was kinder to Mexicans and did not appropriate their culture as clearly as this.

The cultural purge has no brains or no consistency. Just massive hypocrisy and double standards.

Sorry, but The Three Amigos simply sucked from the get go. What's this about canceling Speedy Gonzalez, a truly great cartoon back in the day?

They tried to ban him years ago, but Hispanics loved him too much -- Cartoon Network has exclusive rights and decided to ice him., ALL the "looney tunes" are now endangered species due to political correctness. Peppy LaPew is also cancelled but APPARENTLY it's entirely kosher for the 3 amigos to mock Mexicans mercilessly,, I NEED someone to explain who the mental midgets in charge of this cultural purge are thinking...

And again -- Hispanics are outraged at the cancellation.. These little hitlers are true morons without any tether to reality,.,, And they now RUN America apparently.

Biden still likes Saturday morning cartoons...
1616247747564.png

Sorry, but The Three Amigos simply sucked from the get go. What's this about canceling Speedy Gonzalez, a truly great cartoon back in the day?

They tried to ban him years ago, but Hispanics loved him too much -- Cartoon Network has exclusive rights and decided to ice him., ALL the "looney tunes" are now endangered species due to political correctness. Peppy LaPew is also cancelled but APPARENTLY it's entirely kosher for the 3 amigos to mock Mexicans mercilessly,, I NEED someone to explain who the mental midgets in charge of this cultural purge are thinking...

And again -- Hispanics are outraged at the cancellation.. These little hitlers are true morons without any tether to reality,.,, And they now RUN America apparently.

Biden still likes Saturday morning cartoons...View attachment 471545

Do they still have cartoons on Saturday morning? Dude, you getting your television via rabbit ears?

Because Speedy Gonzalez tends to ridicule the Mexican people,

Lers see

Because it depicts Mexicans as lazy, dim witted and slow
Hence the speedy mouse

View attachment 471411

AH -- finally a brilliant poster with the answer,. Except that's not SPEEDY, SPEEDY is the hero and role model for Latinx kids. And he's mucho rapido than any Gringo cat.,

Get real..
It is not how they depict Speedy, but how they depict other Mexicans

There are real Mexicans in Looney Tunes? Get real.. Actual hispanics are pissed at the slight of removing the CARTOON.. You realize it's a cartoon right? Do I pitch a fit about Elmer Fudd? Yosemite Sam?

Get a grip dude. You're in cahoots with a bunch of whiny babies..

Because Speedy Gonzalez tends to ridicule the Mexican people,

Lers see

Because it depicts Mexicans as lazy, dim witted and slow
Hence the speedy mouse

View attachment 471411

AH -- finally a brilliant poster with the answer,. Except that's not SPEEDY, SPEEDY is the hero and role model for Latinx kids. And he's mucho rapido than any Gringo cat.,

Get real..
It is not how they depict Speedy, but how they depict other Mexicans

They are CARTOON mice, not even close to the Three Amigos played by HUMAN BEINGS who were shallow crude and stupid.

Speedy is the hero to the rest of the mice who are always depicted as the innocent mice too weak to beat a large cat, but not Speedy. That is why they love Speedy so much, they celebrate his victory in every cartoon show.

Did you even watch the Cartoons at all,? you forget the hero and adoring mouse population paradigm?
No problem with adoring mice grateful to Speedy for rescuing them

But the depiction of those mice as Mexican was racist stereotypes

Do you condemn the Three Amigos? Want all copies of that flunky movie burned? Want to out Chevy Chase and his amigos as WASCIST??? Of course ya do -- right?

Tale of botched cancellation. "If I ran the zoo" cant be bought new on Amazon anymore. 3rd party "classic" copies available for MAYBE $300.. While you can watch The Three Amigos for free on Amazon Prime..

China and Russia are laughing their asses off at our descent into navel diving.. It's Rome all over again..

If I Ran the Zoo.png

The Three Amigos.png

That movie was unbelievably crappy to have had so many talented people in it. I don't remember it unfairly depicting Mexicans in a bad light though. I seem to remember everyone being smart except for the foolish "heroes".

Of course you dont have an issue because it's Hollywood and they have license to offend and "appropriate culture", but anything classically campy has to be burned to the stake because Speedy and Pepe provoked the historical hatred of the Mexicans and the French, just like Trump provoked hatred of Asians because he insisted on calling it the "China virus"..,
Why are you getting personally insulted by this? Times change and the world moves on while old farts sit around and complain. At least that has not changed.

TImes dont just change. CULTURE changes. And when idiots and morons are defining the culture, the result is crap. Joe Biden had NO IDEA who Cardie B. was when his handlers booked him on a Cardie B interview. He was told she'd get him votes. Ya think he would have argued about that booking if he saw her faux pussy wetting performance on the recent Grammies? Great Gramps never had a CLUE.

Industry and government now controls culture and the decisions are made to disconnect us from Mark Twain and Shakespeare and killing off Dr. Seuss and Aunt Jemima and replacing them with garbage.

Aint my age son.. It's the foolishness of the people in charge of this country seeking to peel off and REVISE history.. More like the irrational cultural purges of the Taliban than any natural "time moves on"...

Think you just like being able to say lazy Mexicans and slant eye Asians. Leftists are vicious.. and it does eventually show..

Because Speedy Gonzalez tends to ridicule the Mexican people, and in The Three Amigos, the ridicule is focused on three unaware mindless actors. You couldn't figure that out?

Mexican people are Irish, German, Spanish, Italian, Lebanese, Syrian, Native, Mestizo, etc. How fucking stupid are you?

Lighten up RW. It was cartoon, with good animation, great humor, the good guy (speed) won out. I suspect you liked it too. Don't carry guilt around for the art forms you enjoyed as a kid. When not on here, I bet you don't.

He cant. He's a repressed racist that sees race and bias EVERYWHERE...

Comedians dont do colleges anymore. They've been making kids angry and woke for a generation now and what Seinfeld or Chris Rock have to say about NOT doing colleges anymore will tell you how evil this indoctrination has become..

Saw that movie but don’t remember a thing about it. Speedy was one of my favorite cartoon characters growing up. But the all time best was Donald Duck.

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!

I love it when Donald Duck would come unglued and throw a ferocious tantrum.

I still do that now and then. :)

Kids love it also.. Especially Hispanics..

Speedy Gonzales' Relationship With The Hispanic Community | HuffPost

I think Speedy is my patron saint of the ANTI-CANCEL movement..

Saw that movie but don’t remember a thing about it. Speedy was one of my favorite cartoon characters growing up. But the all time best was Donald Duck.

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!

I love it when Donald Duck would come unglued and throw a ferocious tantrum.

I still do that now and then. :)
The best! With the spit flying!

Forum List

Back