Can Anyone Explain why Speedy Gonzalez Gets Brutally Cancelled -- BUT....

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
.... but steve martin, chevy chase, and martin short are stilling pulling down 6 figure royalties on this 1986 mockery of everything Mexican?? I needed an "old fashion" laugh and watched this for first time airing on cable.. "The 3 Amigos".

Seems to me that Speedy was kinder to Mexicans and did not appropriate their culture as clearly as this.

The cultural purge has no brains or no consistency. Just massive hypocrisy and double standards.

Please someone explain why nobody is demanding equal treatment..

05A75419-F306-45EC-B27B-90D227EC25C1.jpeg

That movie was unbelievably crappy to have had so many talented people in it. I don't remember it unfairly depicting Mexicans in a bad light though. I seem to remember everyone being smart except for the foolish "heroes".

.... but steve martin, chevy chase, and martin short are stilling pulling down 6 figure royalties on this 1986 mockery of everything Mexican?? I needed an "old fashion" laugh and watched this for first time airing on cable.. "The 3 Amigos".

Seems to me that Speedy was kinder to Mexicans and did not appropriate their culture as clearly as this.

The cultural purge has no brains or no consistency. Just massive hypocrisy and double standards.

Because Speedy Gonzalez tends to ridicule the Mexican people, and in The Three Amigos, the ridicule is focused on three unaware mindless actors. You couldn't figure that out?

Great movie! Any normal Mexican who is a human being could see those guy were just a bunch of idiots and laugh at it. It takes the new awakening to hate anything as being "appropriated by whites". Give it time, maybe they will do it to this movie as well.

Can Anyone Explain why Speedy Gonzalez Gets Brutally Cancelled -- BUT....steve martin, chevy chase, and martin short are stilling pulling down 6 figure royalties on this 1986 mockery of everything Mexican?? Please someone explain why nobody is demanding equal treatment..

Flacc, when I see someone anguishing the great mysteries of the cosmos such as Speedy vs. Amigos, two absolute shithole non-starters for me, Speedy the dregs of WB cartoons and the 3 Amigos simply the dregs of everything Hollywood, I know it is time to tell them to put down that keyboard, pick up some good bourbon, you just need a good piece of tail to solve all your problems! :poke:

3 Amigos was a BOMB

The three stars came off worse than any Mexican

I didn't bother to watch it since knew from seeing a few scenes that it was demeaning and stupid, making Mexicans seem backwards.

No, actually it doesnt make Mexicans seem backwards. It's a parody. Everyone in the movie is basically an exaggerated character. I guess you never watched Saturday Night Live did you? or did you find that tv show equally offensive?

Because Speedy Gonzalez tends to ridicule the Mexican people, and in The Three Amigos, the ridicule is focused on three unaware mindless actors. You couldn't figure that out?

Did you even watch the cartoons?

Speedy Gonzales , he is shrewd MOUSE, energetic, determined, and always wins.

Easy, he's a meskin mouse, the worst kind. Too lazy to even do yard work. But, the thing about why they kept him around so long was because of his seester. Everybody likes his seester, or they used to but she's an old hag now. Duh.

Saw that movie but don’t remember a thing about it. Speedy was one of my favorite cartoon characters growing up. But the all time best was Donald Duck.

3 Amigos was a BOMB

The three stars came off worse than any Mexican

I didn't bother to watch it since knew from seeing a few scenes that it was demeaning and stupid, making Mexicans seem backwards.

No, actually it doesnt make Mexicans seem backwards. It's a parody. Everyone in the movie is basically an exaggerated character. I guess you never watched Saturday Night Live did you? or did you find that tv show equally offensive?

The problem is that the movie wasn't made to be a parody, it was supposed to be a comedy at the Mexicans expense. I have yet to see major movie reviewers call it a parody. In any case not many thought it was funny over all.

Roger Ebert gave it a one star.

"The ideas to make "Three Amigos" into a good comedy are here, but the madness is missing. All great farces need a certain insane focus, an intensity that declares how important they are to themselves. This movie is too confident, too relaxed, too clever to be really funny. And yet, when the cowboys sit around their campfire singing a sad lament and then their horses join in, you see where the movie could have gone."

No mention of the word Parody,

1616536428333.png

Wait till cancel culture goes after all the Indiana Jones movies and the Young Indiana Jones series for all the stereotyping.

White man bad!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back