CDZ Can anyone explain why racism against white is politically correct in US?

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
I am not even white. I found this pretty strange.

aW1VvGn_700b.jpg

The context is different when a member of the dominant race says something about the minority race, than when it happens the other way around.

And I would disagree if people say white is "dominant" race. If racism against a group is fine while racism against another group is not, then they're not dominant. They're oppressed.

Can somebody explain to me, why equality among the races to whites mean they're being oppressed and discriminated against?

Great question. I think MarcATL pretty much got to the root of this, but it does bring up another question: How will we know when people of color are no longer being dominated by a culture that is organized in ways to put them at a distinct disadvantage. Is that shift/evolution even possible? I also wonder when/if it will be accepted that forced immigration (that means slavery) is different from the way most immigrants came to and integrated into the dominant culture of the US? Yes, it sucks to be the victim of a double standard but without asking these questions and facing hard realities truth will be elusive.
Racism is not just about selecting one race above another or denigrating one beneath another. It is a system that anyone who has benefited from has participated in and to some extent condoned. If you question this google “the doll test”.
Now, if the real question is “Should people be censored on public platforms?”, I think we need a different discussion.

We all sure were getting along better before the Magic Kenyan cheated his way into the white house.....what a shame that one party in America needs to divide in order to win...

I am not even white. I found this pretty strange.

aW1VvGn_700b.jpg

Isn't it great how you can find anything you want on Googly Images and don't have to prove it's real?
It's puzzling how Pogo's links are always valid but everyone else's are phony. How is that, Pogo ?

It ain't that they're "phony" --- so much as "nonexistent".

There's no link in the OP. At all. I see an image that anyone anywhere could have made up. Photoshop-R-us.

Nomsayin'?

Wanna buy a bridge? Only used lightly by three million Amish illegals on their way to vote for Rump.

We all sure were getting along better before the Magic Kenyan cheated his way into the white house.....what a shame that one party in America needs to divide in order to win...

I am assuming your “Magic Kenya” remark was designed to offend, but I’ll ignore that for the sake of this discussion.
It seems as if your saying former President Obama won election and then reelection by using unfair, illegal or other unsavory techniques. Then as a result of that degradation of democracy and the Democratic party’s lust for power, our nation has become divided.
Let me invite you to consider that this nation has always been deeply divided. From haves to have-nots, Puritans and non-Puritans, North and South and West, slaves and non-slaves, those welcomed to participate and those discouraged from participating, Protestants and “Papists”, the Irish and everyone else, and yes Republicans and Democrats. So, I think your logic in that regard is a bit flawed.
I agree that politics in its current environment has become about winning and not leading the nation, but surely we all can see that this is not the exclusive property of Reps or Dems. People voted for Roy Moore after finding out the guy is likely guilty of being a pedophile. So what that says is not that those who voted for him are morally corrupt, but instead they believe a pedophile is better than a Democrat. That is a sad statement about where we are as a people.

Great question. I think MarcATL pretty much got to the root of this, but it does bring up another question: How will we know when people of color are no longer being dominated by a culture that is organized in ways to put them at a distinct disadvantage. Is that shift/evolution even possible? I also wonder when/if it will be accepted that forced immigration (that means slavery) is different from the way most immigrants came to and integrated into the dominant culture of the US? Yes, it sucks to be the victim of a double standard but without asking these questions and facing hard realities truth will be elusive.
Racism is not just about selecting one race above another or denigrating one beneath another. It is a system that anyone who has benefited from has participated in and to some extent condoned. If you question this google “the doll test”.
Now, if the real question is “Should people be censored on public platforms?”, I think we need a different discussion.

Very, profound. Here I was, just ready to go into town and buy a new car battery from NAPA. Now I can't because the manager is white and that makes him a racist pig. Since I am white, I'm probably considered racist (which I ain't) but I can't go to a battery store managed by a black because he won't sell me a battery because he might say I am racist (which I ain't) because I'm white. That put's me in another dilemma and I don't want that. Guess I'll either have to steal a battery, (which is agin the law) or buy a bicycle. But if I go to Walmart for a bicycle...........nah, that puts me in the same situation as trying to buy a battery. Guess I'll have to go to the hood and get one thru the black market. Yeah, that's it.........! But then again.....ahhh, the hell with it.

Very, profound. Here I was, just ready to go into town and buy a new car battery from NAPA. Now I can't because the manager is white and that makes him a racist pig. Since I am white, I'm probably considered racist (which I ain't) but I can't go to a battery store managed by a black because he won't sell me a battery because he might say I am racist (which I ain't) because I'm white. That put's me in another dilemma and I don't want that. Guess I'll either have to steal a battery, (which is agin the law) or buy a bicycle. But if I go to Walmart for a bicycle...........nah, that puts me in the same situation as trying to buy a battery. Guess I'll have to go to the hood and get one thru the black market. Yeah, that's it.........! But then again.....ahhh, the hell with it.
You’re thinking too much, just go buy your battery from where you can get the best combination of service, value, and quality. That’s not racist, it’s capitalist. Good luck.

Forum List

Back