Can anyone explain this???

Every day I go to this web site: Coronavirus Update (Live): 26,253,245 Cases and 868,739 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
I copy the data into the following spreadsheet..
Now the last column DOES NOT exist on the above web site.
10,029,716 total USA cases. This number does not appear.
So I add cases USA.. 6,291,776 to total deaths... 190,014, to recovered/discharged... 3,547,926 or total of 10,029,716 cases including deaths/recovered.
So why does the MSM say total cases or 6,291,776?
This means a lot because instead of a 3% mortality rate (190,014/6,291,776= 3.02%
Divide 190,014 deaths by 10,029,716 the mortality rate is 1.895%
Think about what the MSM is doing. They are NOT telling you there is a 1.8% mortality but a 3.02% mortality rate.
A 60% error in reporting. WHY? I have an idea but won't share yet!!!

View attachment 384040
LOLOLOLOL

Exactly how fucking rightarded are you?? :ack-1:

Moron, you're double counting resolved cases.

Total cases = total recovered + total deaths + active cases

But you're idiotically counting...

Total cases = total recovered + total deaths + active cases + total recovered + total deaths.

I've told you this in the past ... for your own benefit, you should stay away from numbers. You get fucked by them every single time.

I suspect why they are doing it not only to try and hurt TRUMP but also in hope of Biden being elected, so he can do the same things TRUMP has done but the numbers will magical change to make Biden look good.
If Biden wins all conversation of the leftyvirus will cease.
Wanna bet?

Did you see the new CDC numbers?

This is done by new years

Less than 10k deaths without co morbidity. It only kills people who a breeze could kill anyway.
Yeah right. It’s killed 185k while under an extreme lock down. Now we are opening back up and a large chunk of the country thinks the whole thing is fake?! Combine that with the winter cold/flu... No I’m sorry this is going to be an ugly winter.
Well NY and NJ knocked off 50k alone plus lots of diseases and infections attack us every day and we cant shut down everything when they do. If you are sick stay home....wear a mask if you want to but handwashing and distancing are the things that work. You cant lose your job over fear of catching a virus.
I agree for the most part but this was a special Situation with a ton of unknowns and we saw a fellow country (Italy) get their medical care system overwhelmed which nearly happened here in NY. This thing needed to be be controlled and we did a piss poor job compared to the rest of the world
At least you say "we". This is a joint responsibility between federal and state leadership, not the lone blame of any single person.
Agreed, we all carry a torch in this fight. However there is one man at the top that carries the most responsibility as he has the most power and largest pulpit. As far as the messages coming from that pulpit it’s no mystery that I think it’s been an embarrassment
Well okay but consider that the "experts" were sending mixed messages and changing their minds all the time. The people making decisions cannot operate that way, and a guy like Cuomo, who loves the limelight, makes terrible decisions and then won't take the heat for them. Other states are now faced with many cases but have managed much lower death rates. And we cannot keep businesses shut down....thaat was an interim plan to spread out the spike which we did.....you cant hide from the virus forever.
Everybody was learning and mistakes were made. Lies were told, like with the “masks don’t do anything” BS we heard. But for the most part I felt like the medical experts were doing the best they could. I felt like Cuomo was trying to be honest and transparent... I never felt that from Trump. Seemed like the whole time he was trying to downplay it, spin political wins, say it was about to go away, say there’s a cure around the corner, talk shit about the safety guidelines, push to open the country before we were ready, and the list goes on. In my eyes he fumbled the ball hard on handling this thing. It should be near over by now and I think he played a big part in why it is still festering

HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF OLD PEOPLE SENDING CORONA POSITIVE PEOPLE TO THE ONLY PLACES THEY COULD RATIONALLY EXPECT TO KILL ANYONE ELSE

THE DOCTORS WERE OFFING PEOPLE DIRECTLY WITH VENTILATORS

THEY WOULD HAVE CAUSED LESS DAMAGE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Holy shit the ignorance of this take

"cuomo did alright"

Hahaha what the fuck? By that standard Trump was a genius that saved us all
I hear the spun up “Cuomo killed old people” narrative and then I fact check it and it doesn’t hold up. I read every order issued by the NY health department in regards to the policies we are discussing. They were prepping for a flood of cases and were worried about available space to care for patients. They brought in a ship and set up pop up facilities. They also wanted to utilize the care facilities that were already in place in nursing homes that were licenses to care for sick people as long as they could adequately separate and care for the patients recovering from COVID many of whom had underlying conditions they were also fighting.

The initial order was not perfect, it lacked detail and I’d call the move in general a mistake which Is easy to do in hindsight. I was glad they revised it once things started to calm down. It certainly wasn’t Cuomo murdering old people like the right is trying to paint. Several states had the same policy at the beginning.

I don’t fault people for honest mistakes. I fault people for manipulation and lies
Hmmmmm I can go along with some of what you say...but the ship for example was barely utilized. And as for nursing homes? Just not a good idea at all. The city and state were in shoddy conditions to begin with and they simply didnt not do well at all. 7.4% mortality rate, second only to New Jersey at 8% and leading the globe in deaths per million. No matter how you spin it that is horrible leadership.
NY got hit with a tidal wave. The results were horrible. I’m glad they didn’t have to use the ship but I’m also glad it was there incase they needed to. I thought Cuomo did a great job with how he communicated with the people and followed the science. I’d bet the farm that if Trump did the same thing without all his political BS then the results in our country would be very different right now.

I agree with you that mistakes were made and the nursing home order was one of those mistakes. I don’t think it was intentional, I understand their reasons for doing it, they adjusted it as conditions changed, and I don’t think it lead to the number of deaths that Trumps people are claiming.

That's because you're fucking stupid

He did a worse job than every other governor in the country

"i feel like he did a good job because I have no idea what the fuck is going on"

I disagree. Cuomo got hit by a wave that was not in his control. States like Florida and Texas and Arizona and now Iowa got hit by a wave because of policies that they chose to enact. They opened to soon and played it too loose and became hotspots with 1000s of daily deaths because of How they were governed. Why aren’t you critical of that?
Florida and the other states mentioned here have maintained their mortality rates at 1.7 or 1.8% throughout the entire pandemic.

I suspect why they are doing it not only to try and hurt TRUMP but also in hope of Biden being elected, so he can do the same things TRUMP has done but the numbers will magical change to make Biden look good.
Wanna bet?

Less than 10k deaths without co morbidity. It only kills people who a breeze could kill anyway.
Yeah right. It’s killed 185k while under an extreme lock down. Now we are opening back up and a large chunk of the country thinks the whole thing is fake?! Combine that with the winter cold/flu... No I’m sorry this is going to be an ugly winter.
Well NY and NJ knocked off 50k alone plus lots of diseases and infections attack us every day and we cant shut down everything when they do. If you are sick stay home....wear a mask if you want to but handwashing and distancing are the things that work. You cant lose your job over fear of catching a virus.
I agree for the most part but this was a special Situation with a ton of unknowns and we saw a fellow country (Italy) get their medical care system overwhelmed which nearly happened here in NY. This thing needed to be be controlled and we did a piss poor job compared to the rest of the world
At least you say "we". This is a joint responsibility between federal and state leadership, not the lone blame of any single person.
Agreed, we all carry a torch in this fight. However there is one man at the top that carries the most responsibility as he has the most power and largest pulpit. As far as the messages coming from that pulpit it’s no mystery that I think it’s been an embarrassment
Well okay but consider that the "experts" were sending mixed messages and changing their minds all the time. The people making decisions cannot operate that way, and a guy like Cuomo, who loves the limelight, makes terrible decisions and then won't take the heat for them. Other states are now faced with many cases but have managed much lower death rates. And we cannot keep businesses shut down....thaat was an interim plan to spread out the spike which we did.....you cant hide from the virus forever.
Everybody was learning and mistakes were made. Lies were told, like with the “masks don’t do anything” BS we heard. But for the most part I felt like the medical experts were doing the best they could. I felt like Cuomo was trying to be honest and transparent... I never felt that from Trump. Seemed like the whole time he was trying to downplay it, spin political wins, say it was about to go away, say there’s a cure around the corner, talk shit about the safety guidelines, push to open the country before we were ready, and the list goes on. In my eyes he fumbled the ball hard on handling this thing. It should be near over by now and I think he played a big part in why it is still festering
Not sure how it can be over without a vaccine when you have 333 million people over some vast real estate. Trump does his share of spinning but Cuomo made some really dumb calls....plus the idiot mayor of NYC has that city in such a pathetic shape people were bound to be at risk and were. I think shutting down the entire economy like we did might have been a good call short term, but reshutting is silly. Move on.
Just look at other countries of similar size as ours. Compare how many have died here and are still dying compared to what’s happening in their countries
Sure but there are a number of ways to look at that....mortality rate by confirmed cases and we are at 3.0%, which is better than many. And our total deaths have been skewed by the poor performance early on in NY and NJ, and a few other Dem led states that contributed to nearly 90,000 of our total. When you look at the overall performance and our increased testing, however good or bad that is, I think we are doing very well. Tons of infections kill people every year....colds, flu, pneumonia, mersa, staph, tuberculosis....this is another illness we have to battle and we are doing the best we can.
You can’t compare us with other countries with death/cases numbers. Those are only useful to see how our countries treatment is going and we are seeing good knees in that area. If you want to compare to other countries the only stat that is relevant is death/population and in that we are at the bottom

Wanna bet?

HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF OLD PEOPLE SENDING CORONA POSITIVE PEOPLE TO THE ONLY PLACES THEY COULD RATIONALLY EXPECT TO KILL ANYONE ELSE

"cuomo did alright"

I hear the spun up “Cuomo killed old people” narrative and then I fact check it and it doesn’t hold up. I read every order issued by the NY health department in regards to the policies we are discussing. They were prepping for a flood of cases and were worried about available space to care for patients. They brought in a ship and set up pop up facilities. They also wanted to utilize the care facilities that were already in place in nursing homes that were licenses to care for sick people as long as they could adequately separate and care for the patients recovering from COVID many of whom had underlying conditions they were also fighting.

The initial order was not perfect, it lacked detail and I’d call the move in general a mistake which Is easy to do in hindsight. I was glad they revised it once things started to calm down. It certainly wasn’t Cuomo murdering old people like the right is trying to paint. Several states had the same policy at the beginning.

I don’t fault people for honest mistakes. I fault people for manipulation and lies
Hmmmmm I can go along with some of what you say...but the ship for example was barely utilized. And as for nursing homes? Just not a good idea at all. The city and state were in shoddy conditions to begin with and they simply didnt not do well at all. 7.4% mortality rate, second only to New Jersey at 8% and leading the globe in deaths per million. No matter how you spin it that is horrible leadership.
NY got hit with a tidal wave. The results were horrible. I’m glad they didn’t have to use the ship but I’m also glad it was there incase they needed to. I thought Cuomo did a great job with how he communicated with the people and followed the science. I’d bet the farm that if Trump did the same thing without all his political BS then the results in our country would be very different right now.

I agree with you that mistakes were made and the nursing home order was one of those mistakes. I don’t think it was intentional, I understand their reasons for doing it, they adjusted it as conditions changed, and I don’t think it lead to the number of deaths that Trumps people are claiming.

"i feel like he did a good job because I have no idea what the fuck is going on"

I disagree. Cuomo got hit by a wave that was not in his control. States like Florida and Texas and Arizona and now Iowa got hit by a wave because of policies that they chose to enact. They opened to soon and played it too loose and became hotspots with 1000s of daily deaths because of How they were governed. Why aren’t you critical of that?

The governor of florida wasn't forcing vulnerable populations to accept corona virus positive people because he found it convenient

There is 0 evidence lock downs as they were done in NY work. NY has a higher death rate than sweden with no lock down

What you want has no scientific backing.

People in nursing homes die of colds. There is plenty of evidence saying you shouldn't put people with communicable respiratory problems back into nursing homes until they're no longer contagious.

We do not wear masks or lock down for the flu. Which is why our data is so poor and thus the policy is so weak

If we had generations of data proving masks or lock downs work maybe this would make sense. We have no data to support either of those policies tho

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Nursing homes didn't want corona virus patients back because they knew they had a vulnerable population

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

1/4 of NY deaths are from people who DIED DIRECTLY IN NURSING HOMES. That doesn't even count the people who were transferred to a hospital first. Which could account for another 1/4 or even more of these deaths.

So you could be looking at half of NY's deaths being from his executive order to free up hospital space. When simply leaving them in a heated tent would have been better for everyone
He didn’t force them. They were told that if they didn’t have the facilities to properly care for these patients then they would be placed elsewhere. You forget that nursing homes are also license and publicly funded medical care facilities. At the time of the order we were bringing in ships and setting up tents. There was real worry about having a enough space to care for all the sick.

Yes he did force them to free up space

He wanted free beds but sent corona virus patients to the most vulnerable population imaginable

Which in the long run NO DOUBT DIDN'T FREE UP BEDS

He had access to every resource he wanted, still he did this.

And you're defending it? Do you not give a shit about old people in NY?

NYers give a shit about masks but not cuomo offing their old people wholesale. Makes 9/11 look like a blip.

I can't imagine how he could have handled this worse. What the fuck?
No he didn’t you are being fed bad information

Every day I go to this web site: Coronavirus Update (Live): 26,253,245 Cases and 868,739 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
So I add cases USA.. 6,291,776 to total deaths... 190,014, to recovered/discharged... 3,547,926 or total of 10,029,716 cases including deaths/recovered.
This means a lot because instead of a 3% mortality rate (190,014/6,291,776= 3.02%
Think about what the MSM is doing. They are NOT telling you there is a 1.8% mortality but a 3.02% mortality rate.

View attachment 384040
Strange sh*t indeed, most peculiar.
Another STUPID IDIOT!!!!!
Brilliant response! You don't know do you? Simple arithmetic confuses you?
There is a 60% error in reporting and you have no questions? Maybe simple arithmetic is too complicated for you.
LOLOLOL

Moron, that "60%" discrepancy is your fucked up math, not world-o-meters'.

1233796371590.gif

Wanna bet?

Not sure how it can be over without a vaccine when you have 333 million people over some vast real estate. Trump does his share of spinning but Cuomo made some really dumb calls....plus the idiot mayor of NYC has that city in such a pathetic shape people were bound to be at risk and were. I think shutting down the entire economy like we did might have been a good call short term, but reshutting is silly. Move on.
Just look at other countries of similar size as ours. Compare how many have died here and are still dying compared to what’s happening in their countries
Sure but there are a number of ways to look at that....mortality rate by confirmed cases and we are at 3.0%, which is better than many. And our total deaths have been skewed by the poor performance early on in NY and NJ, and a few other Dem led states that contributed to nearly 90,000 of our total. When you look at the overall performance and our increased testing, however good or bad that is, I think we are doing very well. Tons of infections kill people every year....colds, flu, pneumonia, mersa, staph, tuberculosis....this is another illness we have to battle and we are doing the best we can.
You can’t compare us with other countries with death/cases numbers. Those are only useful to see how our countries treatment is going and we are seeing good knees in that area. If you want to compare to other countries the only stat that is relevant is death/population and in that we are at the bottom
Again, we were given a very poor start by you know who in the death count

Damn you are an IDIOT, creating a conspiracy theory out of your STUPIDITY!!!!
So explain to me then the arithmetic errors I've made.
I've added deaths...190,014, to total cases... 6,291,776 and to recovered/discharged...3,547,926... please add those numbers up.
A total of 10,029,716. Now divide 190,014 deaths by the total 10,029,716--- still comes up to 1.89% not near 60% more that the MSM
uses of 3.02%.... how am I creating a "conspiracy" when the MSM isn't telling the truth?
Your mistake is playing with numbers.

"I've added deaths...190,014, to total cases... 6,291,776 and to recovered/discharged...3,547,926.

"Total cases" already accounts for total deaths and recovered/discharged. So why are you adding them in again as "total cases?"

face-palm-gif.278959

Wanna bet?

At this point we can’t reshut it. The people would never comply. The shut down in March was smart but it needed to be stricter and done better. Saying we will go to Easter mass together and that the summer heat will kill the virus and the dozens of other things Trump was saying at the time was toxic messaging and the American people responded with resistance and division to the safety protocol. A real leader would have unified us for at least a month to beat this thing. We don’t have a real leader in there now. IMO

A real leader wouldn't have reacted at all and told our media to shut the fuck up and keep moving

Sweden didn't shut down, why?

Because the guy running the place didn't give a fuck what teh media said and went with the relevant data. And the relevant data said we have no idea of massive lockdowns will work, and even if they did it's unclear it would be worth it. He wasn't a politician. He was a public health expert comfortable with the idea of people dying. Unlike most of our doctors

Media who sell ads, politicians who need to react to polls, and doctors who aren't comfortable sacrificing a single life in a nation of 300+ million.

They all let us down

The GDP loss alone makes this whole thing a joke. We would go to war over 5% GDP
Look at Sweden’s death rate compared to its neighboring countries. I wouldn’t be looking at that as a success

Yea but had they all stayed open tehre would have been no GDP loss

Also mental health isn't accounted for

Or any other problems

Sweden scores higher in all those things. Most importantly economy

"oh look corona virus deaths are down but danes want to kill themseleves"

Yea it was worth it bud to prevent those few deaths. We should all lock down forever? Idiot.

And Sweden has a lower death rate than many countries who were in total lock down. Shocker. /s. It's almost like there was no data to support the efficacy of these lockdowns. Oh wait that's true
Of course there would be GDP loss. Just because the government may not shut things down that doesn’t mean that private businesses and the public wouldn’t act in their best interest. Many businesses would decide to shut down, like we saw here with the NBA. That was their call not the governments. We’d also see consumers staying in especially as the numbers spiked from those who ignored the safety protocols... as we are seeing now in this country as the virus continues to spread

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Nursing homes didn't want corona virus patients back because they knew they had a vulnerable population

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

1/4 of NY deaths are from people who DIED DIRECTLY IN NURSING HOMES. That doesn't even count the people who were transferred to a hospital first. Which could account for another 1/4 or even more of these deaths.

So you could be looking at half of NY's deaths being from his executive order to free up hospital space. When simply leaving them in a heated tent would have been better for everyone
He didn’t force them. They were told that if they didn’t have the facilities to properly care for these patients then they would be placed elsewhere. You forget that nursing homes are also license and publicly funded medical care facilities. At the time of the order we were bringing in ships and setting up tents. There was real worry about having a enough space to care for all the sick.

He wanted free beds but sent corona virus patients to the most vulnerable population imaginable

NYers give a shit about masks but not cuomo offing their old people wholesale. Makes 9/11 look like a blip.

Yes he did

You can click the links for more detailed info

NY executive orders are wordy

"The Cuomo administration issued an advisory March 25 that stated that nursing homes "must comply with the expedited receipt of residents” coming from hospitals, regardless of whether they are infected with the new coronavirus."

he did it with an executive order on march 25th.

You are a simpleton

View attachment 384040

I don't understand. It shows total cases 6.3 million total cases, where are you getting your 10 million number? The last column has always been total population, at least what I've seen.

Nice spreadsheet, you might consider new cases/total cases ratio, demonstrates current "severity", which is a pinch subjective considering all the tests.
It's a bullshit made up number by the moronic OP. :eusa_doh:

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Florida and the other states mentioned here have maintained their mortality rates at 1.7 or 1.8% throughout the entire pandemic.
If their mortality rate has maintained while their testing has increased then that in reality is an increase of mortality. Right? Either way I’m very skeptical of “cases” numbers. I don’t see that as an accurate account of who actually has the virus. Testing to me is used to identify and isolate to help stop the spread

Just in case some of you haven't go to this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 26,289,886 Cases and 869,251 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
The below screenshot from the above web site shows:
Total cases... 6,302,203 now I take that as being total cases active NOW...
But when you add "Recovered of 3,548,122 meaning they are NOT cases now.. total is 9,850,325 cases .
Add 190,300 deaths to 9,850,325 gets 10,040,625. The MSM tells us there are 6,302,203 cases... but those are ACTIVE.
There were 10,040,625 total cases counting active, recovered and deaths. 190,300/10,040,625 equals 1.89%
If you take 190,300/6,302,203 "total cases"... that's 3.01% again please explain...
View attachment 384047
Your mistake is ignoring "Active Cases."

Just in case some of you haven't go to this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 26,289,886 Cases and 869,251 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
The below screenshot from the above web site shows:
Total cases... 6,302,203 now I take that as being total cases active NOW...
But when you add "Recovered of 3,548,122 meaning they are NOT cases now.. total is 9,850,325 cases .
Add 190,300 deaths to 9,850,325 gets 10,040,625. The MSM tells us there are 6,302,203 cases... but those are ACTIVE.
There were 10,040,625 total cases counting active, recovered and deaths. 190,300/10,040,625 equals 1.89%
If you take 190,300/6,302,203 "total cases"... that's 3.01% again please explain...
View attachment 384047
Why do you need to have the word, "active," explained to you? :eusa_doh:

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

The governor of florida wasn't forcing vulnerable populations to accept corona virus positive people because he found it convenient

There is 0 evidence lock downs as they were done in NY work. NY has a higher death rate than sweden with no lock down

People in nursing homes die of colds. There is plenty of evidence saying you shouldn't put people with communicable respiratory problems back into nursing homes until they're no longer contagious.

We do not wear masks or lock down for the flu. Which is why our data is so poor and thus the policy is so weak

If we had generations of data proving masks or lock downs work maybe this would make sense. We have no data to support either of those policies tho
NY got hit by a bigger wave than Sweden that’s a disingenuous comparison. This whole thing is really very simple, you look at how after all this time what’s happening around the world and what’s happening even in NY and the virus is largely under control. You look what’s happening in red states and places that are open to tourism and mass gatherings and that’s why we are leading the world in outbreaks and death.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

Yes he did

You can click the links for more detailed info

NY executive orders are wordy

"The Cuomo administration issued an advisory March 25 that stated that nursing homes "must comply with the expedited receipt of residents” coming from hospitals, regardless of whether they are infected with the new coronavirus."

he did it with an executive order on march 25th.

You are a simpleton
“They don’t have a right to object. That is the rule and that is the regulation, and they have to comply with that,” Cuomo, a Democrat, said in a Thursday news conference. “If they can’t do it, we’ll put them in a facility that can do it.”

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

If their mortality rate has maintained while their testing has increased then that in reality is an increase of mortality. Right? Either way I’m very skeptical of “cases” numbers. I don’t see that as an accurate account of who actually has the virus. Testing to me is used to identify and isolate to help stop the spread
It isnt greatly accurate but is all we have.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

NY got hit by a bigger wave than Sweden that’s a disingenuous comparison. This whole thing is really very simple, you look at how after all this time what’s happening around the world and what’s happening even in NY and the virus is largely under control. You look what’s happening in red states and places that are open to tourism and mass gatherings and that’s why we are leading the world in outbreaks and death.
Well, 33,000 dead in New York and many evacuated the death trap which has helped them get it under control.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

The virus has its metrics.....8% of all tested are positive, and right now in the US 3% will die.....in Florida its 1.8%. So yes, testing increases, cases increase, deaths increase.

Wanna bet?

To back up your statement:
Comobiditystudy.png

Forum List

Back