Cam Newton: 'I'm an African-American QB that scares people'

Who has been criticizing him? All I've heard is people praising him.

Because of where we sat, we had a close up view of your conduct in the fourth quarter. The chest puffs. The pelvic thrusts. The arrogant struts and the ‘in your face’ taunting of both the Titans’ players and fans. We saw it all.

I refuse to believe you don’t realize you are a role model. You are paid millions of dollars every week to play hard and be a leader. In the off season you’re expected to make appearances, support charities, and inspire young kids to pursue your sport and all sports. With everything the NFL has gone through in recent years, I’m confident they have advised that you are, by virtue of your position and career choice, a role model.

And because you are a role model, your behavior brought out like behavior in the stands. Some of the Panthers fans in our section began taunting the hometown fans.

Read more here: A Tennessee mom to Cam Newton: Here’s what my 9-year-old saw
Except he didnt do any of the pelvic thrusts and other nonsense this one random person accused him of.

Last edited:
Probably isn't an answer. Probably he jumped to conclusions. :)

More likely he just looked at history.

Too much may be judged by history. Things change, ya know?
When white people in general change pigs will pilot shuttles to the moon.

I would venture to say that when ANY people change if that's the way you see it.
Maybe its just me but I can picture many whites calling Cam "uppity".

I would venture to say that when ANY people change if that's the way you see it.

Maybe, I dunno. Uppity never crossed my mind.

Not all whites. A lot though.

Well, I hope not. No one I personally know would, and if anyone does, they are disgusting.

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suggested for the first time Wednesday that race may play a factor in why he's become a lightning rod for public criticism.
''I'm an African-American quarterback that scares people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to,'' said the 6-foot-5, 245-pound Newton.
The No. 1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft out of Auburn, Newton has his share of detractors who either don't like how he plays, his celebrations or his abundance of self-confidence.\
Newton, a leading league MVP candidate putting up record-breaking numbers, said he learned a long time ago that he can't please everyone.
''People are going to judge, and have opinions on things I don't have control over,'' Newton said.
The stout and speedy Newton is beating teams with his arm and his legs, throwing for 35 touchdowns and running for 10 this season. He has helped lead the Panthers (17-1) to their first Super Bowl since 2003. Carolina plays the AFC champion Denver Broncos on Feb. 7 in Santa Clara, California.

Newton: I'm black QB that scares people

Huh?? That doesn't even make sense.

He is as good looking as he can be, and he is a very good q/b, but I never once thought of his color. I don't get why that has to be brought into everything now days.
He knows that black people scare him, so he figured it must scare everyone..

Well, I hope not. No one I personally know would, and if anyone does, they are disgusting.
Just look at how whites reacted to Obama before he even got into the white house. Lots of whites have a major issue with confident Black men.

Because of where we sat, we had a close up view of your conduct in the fourth quarter. The chest puffs. The pelvic thrusts. The arrogant struts and the ‘in your face’ taunting of both the Titans’ players and fans. We saw it all.

I refuse to believe you don’t realize you are a role model. You are paid millions of dollars every week to play hard and be a leader. In the off season you’re expected to make appearances, support charities, and inspire young kids to pursue your sport and all sports. With everything the NFL has gone through in recent years, I’m confident they have advised that you are, by virtue of your position and career choice, a role model.

And because you are a role model, your behavior brought out like behavior in the stands. Some of the Panthers fans in our section began taunting the hometown fans.

Except he didnt do any of the pelvic thrusts and other nonsense this one random person accused him of.

I know but here's the bigger thing.

Why was this lady's opinion, which everyone has one, cited over and over as a point against Cam? A fan, didn't like the QB?
A white lady? Didn't "dig it" run that story!!

I know but here's the bigger thing.

Why was this lady's opinion, which everyone has one, cited over and over as a point against Cam? A fan, didn't like the QB?
A white lady? Didn't "dig it" run that story!!
Comfort food?

Just look at how whites reacted to Obama before he even got into the white house. Lots of whites have a major issue with confident Black men.

I believe that is in err. The reaction was to Obama's politics, not his skin color...............it was just easy to use as racism whether it was or not.

I believe that is in err. The reaction was to Obama's politics, not his skin color...............it was just easy to use as racism whether it was or not.
That was a strong reaction to someone that wanted to work with people on the other side and not even in office yet so you could observe the politics. I think pretending racism was not the issue is like sticking your head in the sand.

One point I always like to make is that republicans said Obama was sworn in in the Koran before Obama made any decision ever.

That was a strong reaction to someone that wanted to work with people on the other side and not even in office yet so you could observe the politics. I think pretending racism was not the issue is like sticking your head in the sand.

I don't. Not at all. I do not like his politics, nor do I like Biden's or Hillary's....ALL for the same reason. Others just tried to make not loving Obama about race. IMHO.

I don't. Not at all. I do not like his politics, nor do I like Biden's or Hillary's....ALL for the same reason. Others just tried to make not loving Obama about race. IMHO.
So all the monkey jokes and birther nonsense was not based on racists attitudes?

One point I always like to make is that republicans said Obama was sworn in in the Koran before Obama made any decision ever.
"You lie"

Forum List

Back