Calm Thread: Does Trump/DeSantis 2024 Satisfy?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
I think it checks all the boxes...

Now, if you're going to just post some stupid one line post that doesn't address the issue, please run along.

The GOP's problem here (all political parties have them come election time) is that you don't want to alienate Trump too much so that he breaks away to run 3rd party. I don't put anything past "The Donald" (I voted for him twice), his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness, and he simply can't help himself. I get that he's a brash buffoon, but he has infinitely better policy than the Democrat party for human beings who live the United States.. so even if he acts stupidly and lets his ego get into drama... that's like 10% of the issue. It's policy.

So, if Trump's policy is legit, and Ron Desantis is clearly on board with shutting down "Woke" culture, why not have your cake and eat it too.. and run Trump/DeSantis 2024, and then DeSantis can run 2028 and possibly be reelected in 2032... 12 years of anti-woke presidential vigor.

Personally, I'd like Desantis yesterday... but Trump has a loyal Conservative following that would be required to defeat a MSM/Big Tech/Hollywood/Acadmia-backed Democrat party. Consider the end results, not any petty individual pride for a second.

Clearly Ronnie has no issue acquiescing, being he's America's premier beta male, but Ronnie's ego won't have it.

Donnie's threatened by Ronnie's potential.

Last edited:
A narcissist like Trump will only accept bland nobodies like Pence as running mates. Trump says all of the attention must be on Trump.
Depends on how much Trump wants to defeat the woke. If his ego was as big as you claim, he would have pushed for federal mandate on states as far as COVID regulations. He didn't, he allowed state governors to dictate power as they see fit. Trump released the reigns, that's a fact.

I know Trump is a loose cannon, but he's capable of great leadership.. at times. It's much better than Biden now, who offers zero great leadership.. at all times.

Nah, time to move on.....Trump had his shot at kingmaker and blew it by making every appearance about himself.....What happened in PA is almost criminal but Oz was his man.
What is your take based on. Mere personal speculation?

Now, if you're going to just post some stupid one line post that doesn't address the issue, please run along.

The GOP's problem here (all political parties have them come election time) is that you don't want to alienate Trump too much so that he breaks away to run 3rd party. I don't put anything past "The Donald" (I voted for him twice), his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness, and he simply can't help himself. I get that he's a brash buffoon, but he has infinitely better policy than the Democrat party for human beings who live the United States.. so even if he acts stupidly and lets his ego get into drama... that's like 10% of the issue. It's policy.

So, if Trump's policy is legit, and Ron Desantis is clearly on board with shutting down "Woke" culture, why not have your cake and eat it too.. and run Trump/DeSantis 2024, and then DeSantis can run 2028 and possibly be reelected in 2032... 12 years of anti-woke presidential vigor.

Personally, I'd like Desantis yesterday... but Trump has a loyal Conservative following that would be required to defeat a MSM/Big Tech/Hollywood/Acadmia-backed Democrat party. Consider the end results, not any petty individual pride for a second.
The motivation in this country to vote against that ticket will be at a level that has maybe never been seen in American history. Unprecedented youth turnout alone would make history.

The motivation in this country to vote against that ticket will be at a level that has maybe never been seen in American history. Unprecedented youth turnout alone would make history.
I wish these stupid, Republican MFers would run that ticket.

Nah, time to move on.....Trump had his shot at kingmaker and blew it by making every appearance about himself.....What happened in PA is almost criminal but Oz was his man.
You are dead on it. Congrats.
OK. Give me a view on Ron. Do you think he will make it back toward the center, or keep trying to be Trump Lite. I actually don't know that much about him. I didn't think much of his Disney move, from a business contract law standpoint or tax base standpoint, and his stunt with picking up aliens in Texas (I guess he didn't have any in his state he could spare for a political stunt) and dumping them unexpected at that resort island, but I understood it, in a way. Those were what I call "Trump Lite" moves, showy, not well thought out, but appealing to the Trump base.
OK. The real game is a year away. If he wants to be "Da Man", how does he balance the act with enough chutzpah to keep the yokels entertained but not so much an asshole that he alienates the rest of the country as Trump did. Then how long to get close enough back to center to win?

No. Trump/Lake.

Ron DeSantis is barely 44. He can wait.

Trump 2024.
Kari Lake 2028.

After eight years of Lake, then Ron can run in 2036.

You are dead on it. Congrats.
OK. Give me a view on Ron. Do you think he will make it back toward the center, or keep trying to be Trump Lite. I actually don't know that much about him. I didn't think much of his Disney move, from a business contract law standpoint or tax base standpoint, and his stunt with picking up aliens in Texas (I guess he didn't have any in his state he could spare for a political stunt) and dumping them unexpected at that resort island, but I understood it, in a way. Those were what I call "Trump Lite" moves, showy, not well thought out, but appealing to the Trump base.
OK. The real game is a year away. If he wants to be "Da Man", how does he balance the act with enough chutzpah to keep the yokels entertained but not so much an asshole that he alienates the rest of the country as Trump did. Then how long to get close enough back to center to win?
Trump didn't alienate part of the country....the corrupt media did it.
98% negative press coverage will do that :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back