Calm Thread: Does Trump/DeSantis 2024 Satisfy?

Trump didn't alienate part of the country....the corrupt media did it.
98% negative press coverage will do that :auiqs.jpg:
As always, if trump doesn't like negative press, then he shouldn't act like such a childish loser.

Trump didn't alienate part of the country....the corrupt media did it.
98% negative press coverage will do that :auiqs.jpg:
Doing a bunch a negative crap, proving you are lacking in character will bring negative press coverage. He didn't mind, as he thinks all publicity is good publicity. It is not. He is a sleaze and the country has his number. Write him off or write off the Republican Party.

Nah, time to move on.....Trump had his shot at kingmaker and blew it by making every appearance about himself.....What happened in PA is almost criminal but Oz was his man.
Amen to that, he snubbed David McCormick for Oz, and therein nailed the coffin lid shut on the Toomey seat, McCormick would have almost certainly been elected, instead the cretins of Pennsylvania elected Fetterman's wife to the senate, totally fucking inexcusable!

Trump did that, not Melania, just as Trump somehow thought Walker would make a fine candidate in GA, where he lost outright to a guy who ran a camp that was abusing kids, and tried to literally murder his wife with his car 8-weeks back or so, and Walker so wowed them down there he lost to that attempted murderer outright, with Walker only still existing due to a quirky system requiring at least 50% of the vote...

I haven't a jot of confidence anything changes for Walker in the run-off on 12/6!

Doing a bunch a negative crap, proving you are lacking in character will bring negative press coverage. He didn't mind, as he thinks all publicity is good publicity. It is not. He is a sleaze and the country has his number. Write him off or write off the Republican Party.
He wasn't a sleaze till he ran as a Republican. And speaking of sleazes......Pelosi will be looking for a new job next month.
And the rest of the sleazes are going to be in the minority and removed from their chairmanships...post haste.

I just can't see Trump and DeSantis being able to work together, and I don't see DeSantis being willing to be Trump's flunky.
In fact IMO the two are heading for an eventual public battle that will get personal and nasty.
Time to move on from Trump.

Amen to that, he snubbed David McCormick for Oz, and therein nailed the coffin lid shut on the Toomey seat, McCormick would have almost certainly been elected, instead the cretins of Pennsylvania elected Fetterman's wife to the senate, totally fucking inexcusable!

Trump did that, not Melania, just as Trump somehow thought Walker would make a fine candidate in GA, where he lost outright to a guy who ran a camp that was abusing kids, and tried to literally murder his wife with his car 8-weeks back or so, and Walker so wowed them down there he lost to that attempted murderer outright, with Walker only still existing due to a quirky system requiring at least 50% of the vote...

I haven't a jot of confidence anything changes for Walker in the run-off on 12/6!
I wonder....Do they have early voting for a run-off?

The gop really needs to get a handle on the whole early voting thing.....The dems are eating their lunch.

At least Oz tried to encourage folks to vote early while Trump was doing the opposite.

Early voting sucks but it's not going away any time soon.

He wasn't a sleaze till he ran as a Republican. And speaking of sleazes......Pelosi will be looking for a new job next month.
And the rest of the sleazes are going to be in the minority and removed from their chairmanships...post haste.
I thought he ran as a Rep because the Dems wouldn't have him, as many in New York already knew him. I would not have voted for him as a Dem, either.
Surely you don't think I care if Dems lose committee chairmanships? Fortunes of politics.

You are dead on it. Congrats.
OK. Give me a view on Ron. Do you think he will make it back toward the center, or keep trying to be Trump Lite. I actually don't know that much about him. I didn't think much of his Disney move, from a business contract law standpoint or tax base standpoint, and his stunt with picking up aliens in Texas (I guess he didn't have any in his state he could spare for a political stunt) and dumping them unexpected at that resort island, but I understood it, in a way. Those were what I call "Trump Lite" moves, showy, not well thought out, but appealing to the Trump base.
OK. The real game is a year away. If he wants to be "Da Man", how does he balance the act with enough chutzpah to keep the yokels entertained but not so much an asshole that he alienates the rest of the country as Trump did. Then how long to get close enough back to center to win?

DeSantis is going to have some real problems outside of Florida and not being able to pick his media spots. He'll have a hard time explaining shipping people across the country for a stunt to folks who aren't clued into just how crazy Florida is.

DeSantis is going to have some real problems outside of Florida and not being able to pick his media spots. He'll have a hard time explaining shipping people across the country for a stunt to folks who aren't clued into just how crazy Florida is.
The election is two years away, and honestly the people in this country forget crap like that pretty quick if a politician doesn't keep being an asshole in their face. He is not my cup of tea, but probably by then more palatable in that party than trump to the country as a whole. He could be Trump lite. Whether he is Lite enough and could become viable is debatable, but they have to run somebody and the country just is not willing and won't be willing to take a chance on giving up elections, giving Donny another crack at it.

The election is two years away, and honestly the people in this country forget crap like that pretty quick if a politician doesn't keep being an asshole in their face.
I'm not so sure about that. Hell, John Kerry (who was in country) was swift boated 30+ years after he got his bronze stars (I think that was his commendation) and lost to a "strong leader" who partied in Alabama during 'Nam. People believe what they are told to believe sometimes.
He is not my cup of tea, but probably by then more palatable in that party than trump to the country as a whole. He could be Trump lite. Whether he is Lite enough and could become viable is debatable, but they have to run somebody and the country just is not willing and won't be willing to take a chance on giving up elections, giving Donny another crack at it.
The two years aren't going to help him much when people start picking apart his record. Unlike the blob, he actually has a record to examine.

I'm not so sure about that. Hell, John Kerry (who was in country) was swift boated 30+ years after he got his bronze stars (I think that was his commendation) and lost to a "strong leader" who partied in Alabama during 'Nam. People believe what they are told to believe sometimes.

The two years aren't going to help him much when people start picking apart his record. Unlike the blob, he actually has a record to examine.
Whoever either of the two parties pick, will get picked apart. It is the way they have always been vetted for the job. Other than the two incidents I mentioned, I really know nothing about the guy and only visit that state on vacation. As far as I am concerned, they can let the games begin. I suspect I will have fun watching Ron and Don duke it out. Lets see what he's got. If the AG would get off his ass and indict before Donny announces, we could probably be rid of the Donster, and not a moment too soon for the good of that party.

I thought he ran as a Rep because the Dems wouldn't have him, as many in New York already knew him. I would not have voted for him as a Dem, either.
Surely you don't think I care if Dems lose committee chairmanships? Fortunes of politics.
Buddy, you have a very distorted view of the world.....which makes you an extremely fucked up individual.
I can see why you support Democrats.
Just about everything you know about Trump is a lie......and most of it is true of Biden.
It's like they patterned their attacks against him from their knowledge of Joe Biden and his fucked up family using it as a blueprint.

Buddy, you have a very distorted view of the world.....which makes you an extremely fucked up individual.
I can see why you support Democrats.
Just about everything you know about Trump is a lie......and most of it is true of Biden.
It's like they patterned their attacks against him from their knowledge of Joe Biden and his fucked up family using it as a blueprint.
I am independent. I will select a Democrat if they are the better choice, just as I have Republicans. I am right about Trump. He isn't worth a crap. He has damaged what used to be a good party and I cannot for the life of me, understand why his low budget actions, character and judgement appeal to you. But, I suggest you get rid of it, as he is poison to that party and the country.

I am independent. I will select a Democrat if they are the better choice, just as I have Republicans. I am right about Trump. He isn't worth a crap. He has damaged what used to be a good party and I cannot for the life of me, understand why his low budget actions, character and judgement appeal to you. But, I suggest you get rid of it, as he is poison to that party and the country.
Trump has done nothing of the sort.
He's simply being treated like the outsider that he is.
The fact is....no matter who the GOP runs.....they will progressively be treated worse until the truth is unrecognizable.
Trump was treated worse than Bush....and Bush was treated worse than Reagan.
The truth doesn't matter to folks like you anymore.
You only believe what you want to believe.

Forum List

Back