Calls For Texas Governor To Resign

I also find it disgusting that the first thing Texas did was run to the federal government to bail them out. Again
I asked it in another thread, but didn't give an answer. (Not from you, from another poster who wrote about that).

What exactly did Texas get from the Gov as a help - electricity, money, generators, fuel, food or what?

If you honestly wanted to know that answer you would have done a simple search on it.

It only takes a few seconds.

Either you're too lazy , too stupid or just really don't want to know the answer to that question.

Which doesn't surprise me. You're a conservative.

I'm not going to totally spoon feed this to you. Are you too lazy and stupid to read the article below?

Yeah, thanks for so fast and kind answer. I found a couple af articles about that.

As a side note I want to say that nowhere is said about begging Texans. And it is uncertain how really sufficient this help was as of yet.

That being said, their inability to get enough energy from outside their grid is a HUGE weak point and is squarely on decisions made by the Texas government.
I dont consider that a weak point at all

because when china attacks the energy grid in the US through cyber warfare it will not work in Texas

and sooner or later the CCP will show its true colors

but I concede that the Texas grid failed to live up to expections
Texas’s grid met expectations of people who knew of its vulnerability.

This was predicted to happen.

Yep, that's why Greg won my Dick of the Week Award. Anyone who blames AOC and liberal policies for his own failures out of one side of his mouth, and begs Biden for federal aid out of the other should be tarred, feathered and run out of the state.

z8d04SB_fh32Hoagp-b8cE76kY7qNAjg4Wet9dyYejY.png

I guess Texas was just too cheap to winterize. I wonder if they allow major airlines to de ice?

So it’s fair to ask: why don’t wind turbines fail all the time in colder climates, such as Canada, Sweden or the American Midwest?

The answer, in short, is that turbines in colder places are typically equipped with de-icing and other tools, such as built-in heating. In Texas, where the weather is almost never this cold, they usually are not.

“Cold weather kits can keep [wind turbines] operating when temperatures plunge. This is the norm in colder states and in Europe,” said Samuel Brock, a spokesman for the American Clean Power Association. “Historically in Texas, given the warm climate, it hasn’t been necessary.”

I guess Texas was just too cheap to winterize. I wonder if they allow major airlines to de ice?

So it’s fair to ask: why don’t wind turbines fail all the time in colder climates, such as Canada, Sweden or the American Midwest?

The answer, in short, is that turbines in colder places are typically equipped with de-icing and other tools, such as built-in heating. In Texas, where the weather is almost never this cold, they usually are not.

“Cold weather kits can keep [wind turbines] operating when temperatures plunge. This is the norm in colder states and in Europe,” said Samuel Brock, a spokesman for the American Clean Power Association. “Historically in Texas, given the warm climate, it hasn’t been necessary.”

Sweden is a good example why rushing to green energy is a BAD idea:

"On Thursday, one of the coldest days of the winter so far, peak power prices in the south of Sweden were almost four times higher than in the northern regions."
"Bottlenecks have meant that power generated from the country’s vast hydroelectric resources and an expansion of wind power in the north hasn’t been able to reach consumers in the south. Instead, they are increasingly dependent on imports of fossil-fuel generated electricity from Germany, Denmark and Poland."
"In the meantime the chorus of complaint in Sweden continues to grow louder. On Feb. 1, for example, forestry company Holmen AB said it was forced to cut production of paper products due to high power prices."

Sweden’s Power Problems Are Down to Grid Manager: Analysts

Abbott was far from the firstRepublican to deploy such blatantly false talking points in response to the ongoing crisis in Texas, which has left at least 10 people dead. But the governor's decision to appear on Fox News and attack a policy that has not even been implemented as Texans resorted to burning their belongingsto keep their children warm was viewed as yet another example of his failed leadership.

Looks like green energy is getting firmly shoved up the rights ass. Which is amazing since that’s where their heads are.
So you idiots want us all on “green energy” bullshit, and Texas uses wind for 24% of its power. Now that it has totally failed, your blaming the GOP and fossil fuels?

You just answered your own question. It’s almost never that cold in Texas. So they are supposed to winterize when it would only need it 0.00001% of the time?

However I still have not heard a better explanation for the immediate problem than the failure of green energy to deliver as promised

A quarter of their power is wind, that’s what fucked them over.

They are basically on their own and at the mercy of private electrical companies. The government allows those private companies to generate just enough energy in Texas to keep prices at a certain high level. So that the private companies have a monopoly and the people have no say.

You have a list of states that don't have private companies generating their electricity?
Why? That wouldnt speak to his point. His point was the lack of regulation.

A quarter of their power is wind, that’s what fucked them over.
"As of Wednesday, 46,000 megawatts of generation were offline, with 185 generating plants tripped. ERCOT officials said 28,000 megawatts came from coal, gas and nuclear plants, and 18,000 megawatts were from solar and wind. " - Austin-American Spectator

Now make up something else.

Abbott is a friggin disgrace. A Governor who goes on Fox News to lie about the causes of electrical outages while his residents die has no business leading a state. He should resign. The next Governor, hopefully, will then deal with the crisis by focusing on the health and safety of his residents rather than lying to make political points.
While people were dying and suffering, he was telling Hannity how bad the Green New Deal would be.

GQP politicians know is to toss out scare tactics and conspiracies, because they know it works for the base.
I am all for holding Abbott’s feet to the fire.

That’s what it takes to get any politicians attention

But he is not the energy czar of Texas.

That honor goes to ERCOT - Energy unReliability Council of Texas

They are not elected but do fall under the authority of the Texas Legislature.

So the first people with some explaining to do are elected officials from the governor down to senators and representatives

However I still have not heard a better explanation for the immediate problem than the failure of green energy to deliver as promised
Now you have.

Ok

if there is any truth to that then it needs to be corrected
Maybe, maybe not. It's going to be expensive to do so and this is the kind of weather that only hits once in 50 years or 100 years? It might not be rational to spend that kind of money.

To me, it's much more rational to have more robust connections to the rest of the country to supply energy when your energy production goes down. That way you're not just "fighting the last war" so to speak.
Maybe, maybe not. It's going to be expensive to do so and this is the kind of weather that only hits once in 50 years or 100 years? It might not be rational to spend that kind of money.
It’s no doubt far more expensive for the fed govt to cover the clean up and replacement costs. It’s rational for a independent grid to be competently managed.

Ok

if there is any truth to that then it needs to be corrected

To me, it's much more rational to have more robust connections to the rest of the country to supply energy when your energy production goes down. That way you're not just "fighting the last war" so to speak.
I think we all have to look at this with an open mind and not be driven by excessive partisanship

But the winter storm has identified weaknesses that need to be corrected

maybe we will never see a colder winter than this

but who knows?
But the winter storm has identified weaknesses that need to be corrected
Like running plumbing through attic spaces.
Cold weather or not, gravity makes that always bad when it fails. I’m surprised insurers haven’t lobbied to change that.

Here comes the Fake News bots while deflecting Governor Cuomo responsible for infecting thousands of getting the China Virus.

Here comes the Fake News bots while deflecting Governor Cuomo responsible for infecting thousands of getting the China Virus.
Here come the white wing whiners regurgitating blogs they don't understand and making claims for which they have zero evidence.

Here come the white wing whiners regurgitating blogs they don't understand and making claims for which they have zero evidence.
Umm... He admitted it?

CNN... Fuck'n CNN...

Edit: You may have meant something different there... I apologize if you did. Just came from another thread with that on my mind.

Last edited:
What a generic response.. You morons are already turning on each other, though!

Umm... He admitted it?

CNN... Fuck'n CNN...

Edit: You may have meant something different there... I apologize if you did. Just came from another thread with that on my mind.
He admitted an error in sequestering the data. You are right, not what i was saying.

Forum List

Back