Calling all plumbers and other DIYers

Perhaps you need to seal the concrete basement again wirh concrete seal coatings. Its old. The seal maybe gone

Maybe this helps... The Driveway is about 60' long.View attachment 602980
I see it now, thx

can you consider a simpler discharge thru the basement sill plate?

1645185931479.png

~S~

Why don't you just pipe the sump pump to your homes black water pipes and pump the water into the sewer or septic system?

There's no buried pipes to worry about and freezing will never be an issue
That was my first though, but not feasible

The sump hole I have works very well, only problem is the drain line freezes.
An issue with just dig it deep is there is also a gas line that runs across it.

The sump hole I have works very well, only problem is the drain line freezes.
An issue with just dig it deep is there is also a gas line that runs across it.
If you don't want any buried water line to freeze then it has to be run below the frost line

Why not?

Most drain lines are accessible from the basement.
It is on the other side. And there is a concrete slab on top of it. (someone else put it there years ago) Not seen in the drawing is there is a bump out. So I would still have to lay a drain line a good 25 feet to get to the black line

Also bottom line... I am trying not to spend $5000.
The f*cking idiot who said a french drain would work was a reputable guy. Supposedly.
Then he wanted to get paid in full.. uh... no. It did absolutely nothing.

You have to dig out and put a foot of gravel in area that the water isnt draining. And some down the hill. Your soil isnt allowing drainage. Its not the pump line that is the problem. It is the soil dosnt drain.

He is saying dig trench down the hill some putting a foot of gravel to allow drainage away from the house.

He is saying dig trench down the hill some putting a foot of gravel to allow drainage away from the house.
That is what the contractor did. Just behind the retaining wall.
I can see a little bit of water comes out of the pipe he laid in their. But not much.

He said its the soil itself. Basucally put in a leach line like a seotic down slope wirh a foot of gravel down thebslope

Ok he is saying dig up the entire driveway area diwn slioe towards alley and add a foot of gravel in the entire area. He will draw a duagram if needed.

French drains arent worth a damn unless its a large slope. In a slight slipe they are useless. Constractor screwed you with the drains

Whole area needed gravel away from the house.

This isnt from me but the experts im working with. We are installing 10000 feet of dyct banks ... Conduit. About to pour 30 yards of concrete

He said its the soil itself. Basucally put in a leach line like a seotic down slope wirh a foot of gravel down thebslope
I see what he is saying... I would still have to get water out of that, but if I had a pump more towards the end... hmm.
The problem is the alley... it is higher than the driveway. When you back out onto the alley, you go up an incline over one of those "humps" in alleys that prevents water from going in a driveway.
In any fix... water has to get pumped out because, Like I said - it is a bowl.
We lived here 2 years before I laid gravel, it never built up water there.

Send me pictures. And he will try and fugure out how to help you the cheapest way. If tou live in a bowl and they put in French drains they ripped you off.

From him not me. Lol

Forum List

Back