Zone1 Calling/accusing other members "groomer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you aren’t allowed to call another member a pedo? That is the limit of your ability to debate then?
You are trying to control speech. To the extent other posters claim they have done nothing of the sort …yet were reprimanded by mods. Obviously the mods are doing more than infracting posters calling others. Pedo or Groomer.

Ah well. It doesn't appear that there's much of any interest in responding to legitimate, relevant questions with regard to the rule amendment.

Mine certainly haven't been.

I'm gonna go watch cartoons.

With all due respect, I like her personally, but Aye should have known what kind of trouble it would bring when starting this thread and telling us not to call the pedos names and be nice to them. Yeah right! Like hell that I want to do that.

Because you aren’t allowed to call another member a pedo? That is the limit of your ability to debate then?
Do you simplify her statements to such a childishly simplistic level because you are childishly simplistic or because you are utterly dishonest?

Being a censor must be a challenging job.

View attachment 754221

Are you allowed to ask someone:
"Are you a groomer?"

That's somewhat of an insinuation, but not an accusation.

I don't get it.

There are all kinds of names called and insults against character hurled on this website. While I strive not to resort to that behavior, I have probably failed a few times.

I don't see why this word is so special, and why mods would want to insert themselves into such discussions. The words posted are the responsibility of the poster, not the platform or the mods.

Why is this word different than murderer, thief, racist, liar, Nazi, Fascist, extremist, White supremacist, Communist, faggot, redneck, insurrectionist, !@#$%^, etc.

If there is any defamation involved, that's between the poster and the subject (accused).

Once you start censoring individual accusations, it becomes a thin line to tap dance on.

The 1st Amendment is a wonderful thing. Know what's even better? When private social media platforms, who think they are above the 1A while enjoying Section 230 protections, also embrace freedoms like free speech in America on discussion boards which start with "US."

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
l,b&g
I DON'T CARE IF IT'S ALL THE TIME OR JUST ONCE!!! IT'S STILL PROMOTING SEXUALIZATION OF CHILDREN AND YOU DON'T FIND THAT A PROBLEM!!! 🤬 (Sorry to yell as I'm mad at your argument not at you personally. For the time being at least.)
In what context? That statement has been taken out of context and misrepresented so many times by a particular member I doubt what is claimed even resembles what was said. And that is half the problem with some of these claims. Same with tbe claims of a member supporting child rape. There is no quote ever presented to support. Isn’t slander malice?

l,b&g

In what context? That statement has been taken out of context and misrepresented so many times by a particular member I doubt what is claimed even resembles what was said. And that is half the problem with some of these claims. Same with tbe claims of a member supporting child rape. There is no quote ever presented to support. Isn’t slander malice?

Huh? I don't understand what you're talking about our asking me. 😕

You know what they say about "assume" I do suspect.

You also err when you once again ASSUME that the word groomter has just one meaning. It doesn't. The act of grooming is to prepare somebody for a specific role. a young quarterback is groomed to take over the starers role. An apprentace is groomed to take over for the master.

Children are been groomed in school to question their gender or sexuality. That does not mean those who are grooming them want to have sex with them, but they ARE being groomed psychologically by planting the seeds of doubt in them regarding a gender and sexual identity at a time when they do not HAVE a real sexual or gender identity.

Mindfucking children like that damages them immensely. All this blather this forum is offering in regards to those sexualizing children ignores that fact.

We are going to have a LOT of adult cases of arrested development in another 20 years, that's for sure/
I know the difference between personal grooming, grooming a person for a particular role or assignment, dog grooming, and the groomers being discussed in this thread. And you know that I know that too.

Anybody who has read my comments on this thread or anywhere else know that I think the most horrendous depths of hell may be reserved for those who would deliberately use, exploit, harm children in that way.

My argument is that morally and ethically NONE of us can ethically infer, accuse, or label another member of committing that horrendous crime or any other crime punishable by law unless we have hard proof. If you have hard proof that someone is grooming or sexually harming a child, it is your duty to notify the proper law enforcement authorities to deal with it. In some states you are required to do that by law.

But it should be a rule here that on an open public forum, member cannot accuse other members of crimes punishable by law.

Last edited:
I say we go for a compromise. Pedos and groomers words only reserved for the Badlands and Flame Zone. Is that fair?

Again you are technically correct. But any law enforcement person who uses the term 'pedophile' will be talking about somebody who acted on it 99.99% of the time. When I use the term I am referring to those who sexually abuse or molest or rape/assault children.

I said there were legal consequences if a Pedophile acts on the Pedophilia ...
Anything a patient ... Or Dormant Pedophile doesn't do ... Won't publicly identify them as one.

You're talking about the ones you know of ... And why you know they are Pedophiles.
That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the definition of what makes them a Pedophile.

It's an uncurable mental disease ... The symptoms can be treated in some cases ...
And some Pedophiles never assault a child.

I said there were legal consequences if a Pedophile acts on the Pedophilia ...
Anything a patient ... Or Dormant Pedophile doesn't do ... Won't publicly identify them as one.

You're talking about the ones you know of ... And why you know they are Pedophiles.
That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the definition of what makes them a Pedophile.

It's an uncurable mental disease ... The symptoms can be treated in some cases ...
And some Pedophiles never assault a child.

You keep ignoring my argument and repeating yours. I'll just refer you to my previous responses to you.

With all due respect, I like her personally, but Aye should have known what kind of trouble it would bring when starting this thread and telling us not to call the pedos names and be nice to them. Yeah right! Like hell that I want to do that.

She's stuck in the middle. And she's only giving people what they asked for. They called her into it. People asked for a rule amendment and they got it.

Don't ask government for more government. Especially when the government you oppose is setting the terms absent your input.

Don't ask someone to set the terms for how free you can be. Just be free, knowing that it comes with responsibility.

Duh.

There's a couple of mauds whose time has run its course, however. That's the root problem in many instances. Need a classical liberal/strict constructionist type in there to break up the monopoly on that whole ''close to the line'' routine so that the rules and only the rules themselves are enforced, rather than Individual feelings and perceptions. That quid pro quo stuff needs to be nipped. But you won't get one because the problem mauds would, in my view, sooner slit their wrists than allow it. It'd mess up their entire gig.

Last edited:
What do you think you've won? I mean besides a reputation for being an asshole?
I'm not looking to win anything.

I am simply an old man who has a different past than you and am drawn to this issue because of my past.

I'm very glad you will never be my neighbor, though.

I think there is a dishonest conflation going on here.

Pedophile is literally "you have molested / raped or want to / are trying to molest / rape minor children."

Groomer in this sense is "you are contributing to the social contagion of sexualizing minors, as evidenced by wanting to isolate them from parents to promote homosexual or transsexual identity to minors, especially in a grossly inappropriate setting for ANY OF THIS, such as a goddamn school, and / or you are promoting drag shows for minors / drag queen story hour, etc etc"

The latter isn't even illegal, though it should be, but they're not obviously not 1:1 equivalent.

The mods in this thread have said that calling someone a groomer is accusing them of a crime worse than murder. First of all, no, that's bullshit, murder is worse than pedophilia, murder victims are dead forever and nothing can fix that, and second of all, see above, groomers aren't prosecuted in this country, and it's like pulling teeth to get states to ban "top surgery" on minor girls with punishments for the surgeons doing needless elective non-consensual surgery, let alone mere groomers getting in trouble.

Last edited:
Bottom line we're anonymous people on a message board. Who cares what we call each other? That is for the guilty ones that is.
This is also a community, and no innocent person one wants to be accused of being a pedo. Would you?

This isn't the first time we've had someone targeted for harrassment in this way. The last it was a conservative who was harrassed by a liberal who who kept indiectly calling him a pedo to get around the rules. It is a form of bullying. Would you want to be a target of that, especially if the bully's gang joined in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back