Call for Protest of Obama Tonight

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
FINALLY, President Obama has made a decision to send the boots on the ground the help they requested.

Michael Moore is disappointed in President Obama, strongly implying in an open letter to him that BHO has broken his promise (funny, seems to me BHO just took way too long to keep his promise). Moore is promoting a site calling for a protest of Obama tonight at West Point.

I won't be protesting the President tonight, though. I hope few do. He did the right thing, horribly belatedly, but still the right thing.

Last edited:
Moore is a freaking moron. But he, like all Americans has the right to protest the deployment of American forces

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, he is going to be targeted for criticism on many fronts. I don't think sending so many troops is a great idea but I will wait and see how it goes.

Both wars are a waste of life and money.

If we concentrate on securing our borders, air land and sea, tell me what threat does Iraq, Afghanistan or Al Qaeda pose to us?

Little to none is the answer. Certainly not enough to justify the cost both human and monetary.

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, he is going to be targeted for criticism on many fronts. I don't think sending so many troops is a great idea but I will wait and see how it goes.

He Campaigned on withdrawing from Iraq, but if you paid close attention he also campaigned on re-focusing on Afghanistan, not bringing people home from there. :razz:

If we concentrate on securing our borders, air land and sea, tell me what threat does Iraq, Afghanistan or Al Qaeda pose to us?

Little to none is the answer. Certainly not enough to justify the cost both human and monetary.

If the middle-east goes to hell in a hand-basket, so does our economy (even worse than now). I think that's probably the motive, not the "spread of freedom."

Moore is a freaking moron. But he, like all Americans has the right to protest the deployment of American forces

Right now I think I would join in that protest.

I don't see the point anymore....as long as Obama refuses to win it.
I bet there are two words you will not hear from the administration - 'win' and 'victory'.

Still, he did the right thing. It was likely motivated by his poll numbers starting to dip because his obvious contempt for the military was beyond noticeable, but I don't care now. It's the right thing at the moment.

He damn well better not pull this shit again, though. He decides to help or get them out of harms way in a timely manner, gives up this 'image' shit, realizes that he is President Obama and not candidate Obama, like he is supposed to do.

Last edited:
Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, ....
From Iraq, not Afghanistan which was the 'good war', according to his campaign.

I think we need to come home from Germany, Japan, and every other country we have armed-forces stationed in overseas first.

We've still got them in Bosnia and Clinton said they would be back by Christmas.

So much for Democrat promises.

If the middle-east goes to hell in a hand-basket, so does our economy (even worse than now). I think that's probably the motive, not the "spread of freedom."

Afghanistan is not the middle east.

Afghanistan has no resources we need or want.

We never should have invaded Iraq and that has always been my position but I have also conceded that since we did invade Iraq that we cannot leave until it is stable.

Afghanistan on the other hand is a worthless piece of property to us.

I bet there are two words you will not hear from the administration - 'win' and 'victory'.

Still, he did the right thing. It was likely motivated by his poll numbers starting to dip because his obvious contempt for the military was beyond noticeable, but I don't care now. It's the right thing at the moment.

He damn well better not pull this shit again, though. He decides to help or get them out of harms way in a timely manner, gives up this 'image' shit, realizes that he is President Obama and not candidate Obama, like he is supposed to do.

I don't believe he's capable of this.

I don't believe he's capable of this.
I have yet to see it.

Afghanistan is not the middle east.

Afghanistan has no resources we need or want.

We never should have invaded Iraq and that has always been my position but I have also conceded that since we did invade Iraq that we cannot leave until it is stable.

Afghanistan on the other hand is a worthless piece of property to us.

Iraq does, and Iraq and Afghanistan are on the border of Iran.....looks like a resource/pipe-line war if you ask me.

If you take note....Obama never uses the work "Freedom" ether.

He doesn't believe in that word.

Never has supported it.

Try not to rewrite history, Sarah. He campaigned on bringing them out of Iraq by August 09. We're still there.

He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it, even when his military provided him with the solution.

Every day, in every way, Obama shows himself to be a weak leader who thinks saying sorry will make the world love us. It doesn't, the world laughs at us.... and, with Iran, North Korea, etc... it is very dangerous for us all to have a weak leader that the world sees as a coward.

Forum List

Back