California releasing 63,000 violent felons back onto the streets in effort to create 'safer prisons'

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
Just another indication that Democrats put criminals ahead of law-abiding citizens....

Why am I not surprised????

California releasing 63,000 violent felons back onto the streets in effort to create 'safer prisons' (msn.com)

California is set to release at least 63,000 inmates convicted of violent crimes in an effort to create “safer prisons.”

Of those who are set to be released, nearly 20,000 are serving life sentences. Another 10,000 inmates were convicted for serious nonviolent offenses who have served half of their initial sentence.

Just another indication that Democrats put criminals ahead of law-abiding citizens....

California releasing 63,000 violent felons back onto the streets in effort to create 'safer prisons' (msn.com)

California is set to release at least 63,000 inmates convicted of violent crimes in an effort to create “safer prisons.”

Of those who are set to be released, nearly 20,000 are serving life sentences. Another 10,000 inmates were convicted for serious nonviolent offenses who have served half of their initial sentence.
Well that is going to raise the murder stats assuming that the dems just don't redefine them as well. Everyone needs to buy a gun for self protection-----------

Won't be long until they cry for more gun control. Releasing these scum are the very reason we have so much crime.

Won't be long until they cry for more gun control. Releasing these scum are the very reason we have so much crime.
The Democrats apparently don't care as long as the murder victims vote Democrat after they are killed.....

"Good time credits"? Sounds like something from happy hour.

Oh so tramp is only allowed to release prisoners. I'm sure it will give Fox news something to report on, I'm sure they will find every last one of the repeat offenders news that they are repeat offenders.

Also as of Saturday, all minimum-security inmates in work camps, including those in firefighting camps, will be eligible for the same month of earlier release for every month they spend in the camp, regardless of the severity of their crime.
The changes were approved this week by the state Office of Administrative Law.
“The goal is to increase incentives for the incarcerated population to practice good behavior and follow the rules while serving their time, and participate in rehabilitative and educational programs, which will lead to safer prisons,” department spokeswoman Dana Simas said in a statement.
“Additionally, these changes would help to reduce the prison population by allowing incarcerated persons to earn their way home sooner,” she said.
Simas provided the emergency regulations and estimates of how many inmates they will affect at the request of The Associated Press.
76,000 California Inmates Now Eligible for Earlier Releases | Political News | US News

I guess i need to purchase a few more rounds of ammo.

One can't give all criminals life sentences. Look at who tramp let out of Fed prison, a bank robber with a gun, I don't care if he was Christian, most folks in prison find God.

Notice the medium is the Examiner not MSN. Go back and open the link.

1619972424714.png

Also as of Saturday, all minimum-security inmates in work camps, including those in firefighting camps, will be eligible for the same month of earlier release for every month they spend in the camp, regardless of the severity of their crime.
The changes were approved this week by the state Office of Administrative Law.
“The goal is to increase incentives for the incarcerated population to practice good behavior and follow the rules while serving their time, and participate in rehabilitative and educational programs, which will lead to safer prisons,” department spokeswoman Dana Simas said in a statement.
“Additionally, these changes would help to reduce the prison population by allowing incarcerated persons to earn their way home sooner,” she said.
Simas provided the emergency regulations and estimates of how many inmates they will affect at the request of The Associated Press.
76,000 California Inmates Now Eligible for Earlier Releases | Political News | US News
I noticed that you seem to be avoiding the fact that, according to your own link, 20K violent felons serving life sentences are being released early....

And don't try to tell me that California is holding murderers in minimum security, and letting them out to "fight fires"....

Or at least I hope they aren't, but considering the Land of Fruits and Nuts, nothing would surprise me!!!!!

Prisons would be a lot safer if the government would only imprison safe convicts. Folks who get sent up for tearing mattress tags or young people like Kyle Rittenhouse or other political prisoners. Get the Chomos, cartel leaders and terrorists out of there, those are the folks who make prison such a miserable place.

Notice the medium is the Examiner not MSN. Go back and open the link.

View attachment 486308
Would you accept Penny's link???

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California is giving 76,000 inmates, including violent and repeat felons, the opportunity to leave prison earlier as the state aims to further trim the population of what once was the nation’s largest state correctional system.

More than 63,000 inmates convicted of violent crimes will be eligible for good behavior credits that shorten their sentences by one-third instead of the one-fifth that had been in place since 2017. That includes nearly 20,000 inmates who are serving life sentences with the possibility of parole.

Oh so tramp is only allowed to release prisoners. I'm sure it will give Fox news something to report on, I'm sure they will find every last one of the repeat offenders news that they are repeat offenders.
20 THOUSAND lifers.

Are you retarded?

thats a valid point

trump accepted the lib complaint that crack is no more deadly than plain coke

And he stupidly released several thousand criminals

but that does not mitigate stupidity in blue states such as california

A positive step in the right direction for California, but maybe too soon even for California. However, attitude reform toward rehabilitation over punishment has to start sometime. Hopefully that's their hidden purpose.

Speaking of stupidity, the American prison system has proven to be just one more failure in the long list of failures. Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life | News

America has already fallen to 15th. in the world on quality of life. The link suggests the reasons for America's failure.

20 THOUSAND lifers.

Are you retarded?
Any reform of America's justice system and prison system is warranted. Failure isn't being improved upon by doing nothing but making more of the same mistakes.

Forum List

Back