California now has $2.4 billion surplus. Another liberal success

Let OL'Velveeta believe that Cali has a surplus.

Won't take long for him to figure it out.

Oh wait. I forgot. He wants them to have a surplus because, hey, the Dems running Cali have done such a great job so far. Never mind.

You realize that it's impossible to miraculously have a $2.4 billion surplus overnight, right?

No cuts in taxes or spending tells me this is compete bullcrap.

What prompted the turnaround?

Three things: Major spending cuts over the last few years, big tax increases approved by voters in November and general improvement in the economy.

California's finances are golden again

You realize that it's impossible to miraculously have a $2.4 billion surplus overnight, right?

Three things: Major spending cuts over the last few years, big tax increases approved by voters in November and general improvement in the economy.

This is a perfect example of the stupidity and dishonesty of dimocraps and why they should never be in charge of anything.

California's real debts are 'off budget'. And the temporary upsurge in money they got was from an unconstitutional, ex post facto tax that has businesses in California PISSED OFF.

Jerry Brown Stands Atop California's Collapsing House Of Cards - Forbes

And they are absolutely hemorrhaging jobs and people to other States, particularly Texas.

California isn't running a surplus. Unless you count lying dirtbag dimocrap scum.

They have a surplus of them.

Enjoy it while you can, dimocrap liars. It's all you got. It's all you know how to do.

Lie.

When the dust clears, California will be bankrupt AGAIN sooner than you think.

Its Cities are setting records for bankruptcy filings. And the State will soon follow

When you are taxed until your shirtless, and not building prisons, of course you have a stash

Duh

-Geaux

Yeah, the takers approved tax increases. Amazing. Just because you vote, does not mean you pay taxes. Especially in California

-Geaux

This is a perfect example of the stupidity and dishonesty of dimocraps and why they should never be in charge of anything.

California's real debts are 'off budget'. And the temporary upsurge in money they got was from an unconstitutional, ex post facto tax that has businesses in California PISSED OFF.

And they are absolutely hemorrhaging jobs and people to other States, particularly Texas.

California isn't running a surplus. Unless you count lying dirtbag dimocrap scum.

Enjoy it while you can, dimocrap liars. It's all you got. It's all you know how to do.

Lie.

Its Cities are setting records for bankruptcy filings. And the State will soon follow

Your insane little rant has nothing to do with what I responded to. Avatar claimed that no spending was cut and that is patently false. California did what economist call cutting spending and raising revenue...a balanced approach.

Just as you can't "tax your way to prosperity", you can't cut your way there either. You need both which is what CA did and it has placed them well on the road to recovery.

Lie.

INdeed-

Governor Perry has been touring CA encouraging business to move to Texas

-Geaux

Rick Perry to tour California big cities - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is stepping up efforts to woo the California business community, even as his earlier attempts were dismissed as “barely a fart” by the Golden State governor.
The GOP governor of the Lone Star State will leave on Sunday for a swing through San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County, where he will meet with “business leaders in the high tech, biotechnology, financial, insurance and film industries,” according to a statement from his office released Thursday. The trip comes after a week-long ad buy Perry took on California airwaves, in which he praised his state’s business climate and slammed the Golden State’s.

“Building a business is tough, but I hear building a business in California is next to impossible,” Perry says in the ad, which goes on to praise the Lone Star State’s “low taxes, sensible regulations and fair legal system.”
“This is Texas Gov. Rick Perry and I have a message for California businesses: come check out Texas,” he continues in the 30-second hit, which is posted on the website TexasWideOpenForBusiness.com, where Perry offers a longer statem

Read more: Rick Perry to tour California big cities - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Yeah, the takers approved tax increases. Amazing. Just because you vote, does not mean you pay taxes. Especially in California

-Geaux

Yes, I'm sure 54% of the voters in CA don't pay taxes.

Seriously, ya'll have just lost your collective minds with this "taker" bullshit.

-Geaux

Seriously, ya'll have just lost your collective minds with this "taker" bullshit.

Um

1 Percent of Households Will Pay 80 Percent of California’s Income Taxes

This is a problem that can only be solved with higher taxes, union ownership of government and illegal immigration. And by solved, I mean empty the state of everyone who earns a living without working for the government and speaks English which will turn California into a place that Greece favorably compares itself to.

California residents already contend with one of the most progressive tax codes in the country. Not only does California have high marginal rates, those high rates kick in at relatively modest income levels. California’s middle class residents earning $48,000 a year, for example, pay a state tax rate of 9.3%. Millionaires in 47 other states don’t even pay that high of a marginal rate. However, one of the state tax code’s greatest flaws is it’s over-reliance on upper income households and the revenue volatility it creates, and that is a problem that Prop. 30 would further exacerbate.

As of 2010, the state relied upon 144,000 households, 1 percent of taxpayers, for 50 percent of total state income tax… [With Proposition 30's passage,] the top 10 percent of earners would be responsible for over 80% of the projected income generated – a fact that Gov. Brown and other advocates of the bill readily acknowledge.

1 Percent of Households Will Pay 80 Percent of California?s Income Taxes | FrontPage Magazine

But us conservatives see successful GOP governments in states like Texas and North Dakota, with millions of new jobs and massive private sector growth....

And we GOPers get down on our hands and knees and we suck off the oil companies for blessing us with all this found wealth.

Lie.

Your insane little rant has nothing to do with what I responded to. Avatar claimed that no spending was cut and that is patently false. California did what economist call cutting spending and raising revenue...a balanced approach.

Just as you can't "tax your way to prosperity", you can't cut your way there either. You need both which is what CA did and it has placed them well on the road to recovery.

Accounting gimmick aren't a surplus. this thread is full of examples of the gimmicks. Note the OP hasn't replied to any of them, because there is no reply as there is no "surplus":cuckoo:

-Geaux

Um

This is a problem that can only be solved with higher taxes, union ownership of government and illegal immigration. And by solved, I mean empty the state of everyone who earns a living without working for the government and speaks English which will turn California into a place that Greece favorably compares itself to.

California residents already contend with one of the most progressive tax codes in the country. Not only does California have high marginal rates, those high rates kick in at relatively modest income levels. California’s middle class residents earning $48,000 a year, for example, pay a state tax rate of 9.3%. Millionaires in 47 other states don’t even pay that high of a marginal rate. However, one of the state tax code’s greatest flaws is it’s over-reliance on upper income households and the revenue volatility it creates, and that is a problem that Prop. 30 would further exacerbate.

As of 2010, the state relied upon 144,000 households, 1 percent of taxpayers, for 50 percent of total state income tax… [With Proposition 30's passage,] the top 10 percent of earners would be responsible for over 80% of the projected income generated – a fact that Gov. Brown and other advocates of the bill readily acknowledge.

1 Percent of Households Will Pay 80 Percent of California?s Income Taxes | FrontPage Magazine

The top 10% hold 80% of the wealth.

California is so broke we can't afford to feed prisoners. A federal judge has ordered the release of 225,000 state prisoners.

Here is where it gets good.

Kamala Harris, uber liberal attorney general has a plan. She will "rehome" prisoners with families in residential neighborhoods. Then they will give up their criminal ways, get a job and be criminals no more. The families will feed the prisoners taking a large burden off the state.

The only thing missing from the plan is how to force families in residential neighborhoods to agree to rehoming.

Link?

That's bizarre.

Um

Why should that matter?

-Geaux

Um

They can move.

And they will.

Welcome to Florida!!! We don't have an Income Tax and we do quite well, thank you.

Literally twenty minutes from me. Thirty in bad traffic. Forty-Five in Season. :dunno:

Fort-Myers-Beach-Sunsets.jpg

Ind_ViewofFtMyersBeachDowntown_1.jpg

Ft.%20Myers%20Condo%20Beach.jpg

California is beautiful, but we ain't half-bad either

Yeah, move to Florida where your business could disappear completely...:lol:

Huge sinkhole swallows homes in Florida

Yeah, thankfully, we don't have to worry about earthquakes and falling into the Pacific ocean. Or brush fires. Or mud slides.

Or wall-to-wall people EVERY place you go and EVERY thing you do. I've been there. I know.

And the cost of living in California? Stupid. Beyond stupid

My boy's in-laws came down (from the People's Republic) and were flattened by the house he just bought for $200k (he did kinda steal it :) )

They make twice as much money as he does, a fact they like to remind he and his wife of, but they live like shit.

Know why? Because the house my boy got for $200k you couldn't TOUCH in Taxachusetts (where they're from) for less than half a million. If that. Likely more than that.

And while his Property taxes are $2,500 a year, their taxes (on a house that doesn't compare, it's a cracker box) in the People's Republic are over $6,000 a year on a shit box.

Not to mention their Income Taxes. And City Taxes. And general cost of living.

It works out. We don't make as much money as people in some other high-end States, (he's only making around 75k) but we live better.

A LOT better.

Forum List

Back