California Democrat frustrated by rising theft admits liberal crime bill was 'big mistake'

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't understand the disconnect these people have with reality. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to realize that if you tell people they aren't going to be prosecuted for certain crimes, the amount of those crimes will increase as there is no deterrent. No, people don't need a chance. They simply need to not steal.

Canepa expressed concern over the impact of Proposition 47, a measure approved by voters which reclassified certain thefts as misdemeanors.

"We can't go on like this. In addition…I had supported Proposition 47, which basically said you wouldn't prosecute…the crime is different at the level of up to $950. I thought it was a good idea then because we need to give people an opportunity, we need to give people a chance," Canepa said.

"I made a mistake, it was a big mistake, and you have to acknowledge your mistake. By doing this, what we've done is we're, letting people take thousands and thousands of dollars. And why should people be subjugated?" the supervisor went on to say.

I don't understand the disconnect these people have with reality. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to realize that if you tell people they aren't going to be prosecuted for certain crimes, the amount of those crimes will increase as there is no deterrent. No, people don't need a chance. They simply need to not steal.

Canepa expressed concern over the impact of Proposition 47, a measure approved by voters which reclassified certain thefts as misdemeanors.

"We can't go on like this. In addition…I had supported Proposition 47, which basically said you wouldn't prosecute…the crime is different at the level of up to $950. I thought it was a good idea then because we need to give people an opportunity, we need to give people a chance," Canepa said.

"I made a mistake, it was a big mistake, and you have to acknowledge your mistake. By doing this, what we've done is we're, letting people take thousands and thousands of dollars. And why should people be subjugated?" the supervisor went on to say.

Hard to believe they didn't see this coming. Liberals are not smart.

California has a MASSIVE minority population. A massive poor minority population. So of course they voted for it.
The leftie whites live in their castles and are relatively unaffected so they supported it for brownie points.

Glad they got the pain & misery we knew they would. Idiots

Once crime is unpunished it just grows.

Wow. Someone finally gets it.

California has a MASSIVE minority population. A massive poor minority population. So of course they voted for it.
The leftie whites live in their castles and are relatively unaffected so they supported it for brownie points.

Maybe? CA has now gone all Mail-In. They were ~70% in 2020. The DEMS infest every cubicle in GOVT....counting votes.

The DemoKKKrat are going to crucify this guy.

AGREE.

Liberals ain't exactly the best and brightest, know what I mean?

Interesting article, however this quote struck me, because it's not correct at all:

"It's just on the rise. I mean, everywhere you go, it's crazy, every city, every state, out of control," said Cocaran.

Theft mobs are not a problem in every city and every state. They are a problem in certain cities and certain states, and do you want to guess what those cities and states have in common?

When it gets down to you have to order everything online then the crooks will rob the poor delivery drivers. Easy to destroy, much harder to return to the thrilling days of yesteryear
There was one the other day where a robber took a package right out of a FedEx driver's hand while he was delivering it to a front porch. He couldn't even wait for the driver to drive away first. Guess he was worried the homeowner might get the package before he had a chance to steal it.

Absolutely. But, now this crime is moving into the wealthy suburbs, especially since the inner cities are in doom loops. Nothing left there to steal.

Forum List

Back