California city councilman calls our men and women in our military the "lowest of our low"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What a complete asshole, and he's also a high school teacher.

Pico Rivera councilman, teacher recorded making anti-military rant in classroom

Sunday, January 28, 2018 12:06AM
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) --
A government teacher and city council member of Pico Rivera is under fire for a classroom rant in which he criticized the intelligence of those who serve in the military.

In the 5-minute speech recorded by a student, Gregory Salcido is heard using expletives about those who serve in the military and their intelligence.

"Your freakin' stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They're dumb- - -ts. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people."

"They're the freaking lowest of our low."

Salcido teaches U.S. government at El Rancho High School and is a current member of the Pico Rivera City Council as well as a former mayor.

He was elected to the Pico Rivera City Council in 1999 and served terms as mayor in 2002, 2010 and 2015, according to his online biography.

The rant was triggered by a student wearing a Marine Corps shirt.

The student who recorded Salcido's rant a week ago was also wearing Marine clothing. He said he felt terrorized by his teacher's words.

"And I told him it was a family tradition," the student recalled. "My dad's done it, my two uncles have done it. And I just wanted to continue that tradition because it's also something I wanted to do as a kid. And he said so if it was a family tradition to beat women, would you continue it too?"

It appears this isn't the first time Salcido has come under fire. The Whittier Times reports the El Rancho High School teacher was placed on administrative leave in 2010 after a parent complained about inappropriate comments he made in class. At the time, Salcido denied making inappropriate comments and said they were exaggerated.

Pico Rivera councilman under fire for anti-military rant in classroom

We are supposed to "compromise" and find "common ground" with sniveling bed wetting parasites like that?

Imagine you are a disabled vet, and your kids are being taught by a teacher who says things like this:

"Your freakin' stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They're dumb- - -ts. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people."

Imagine you are a disabled vet, and your kids are being taught by a teacher who says things like this:

Well, his big mouth may end a teaching/counsel career ..

And they wonder why we question their patriotism.

Why? HE obviously has the support of the community. He's been elected to various local offices several times.

THis is the future. THe progressive, diverse, multicultural, future that you lefties have been working towards and gloating about for decades.

Embrace it. It's yours.

Mine too, unfortunately. But, that's what I get for losing. And working my whole life instead of having kids I couldn't afford to care for.

I think it was taken out of context.

Essentially, what the teacher was saying was correct.

With teens, sometime you have to be harsh.

With that said, the facts are, in an all volunteer army, unless he joins ROTC and gets an education first and becomes on officer, what this teacher is telling him are truth bombs.

MLK was assassinated by the government for telling the black community essentially the same things.

smedleyButlerQuote.jpg

Since the time my kid was eight, I have discouraged him from thinking of the military as a viable career path, as the last legitimate war the US has fought for it's survival rather than profit, was the war of 1812.

Americans are told their bloated military is fighting, killing, and dying to protect their freedoms. Nothing could be more wrong.

What a complete asshole, and he's also a high school teacher.

Pico Rivera councilman, teacher recorded making anti-military rant in classroom

Sunday, January 28, 2018 12:06AM
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) --
A government teacher and city council member of Pico Rivera is under fire for a classroom rant in which he criticized the intelligence of those who serve in the military.

In the 5-minute speech recorded by a student, Gregory Salcido is heard using expletives about those who serve in the military and their intelligence.

Salcido teaches U.S. government at El Rancho High School and is a current member of the Pico Rivera City Council as well as a former mayor.

He was elected to the Pico Rivera City Council in 1999 and served terms as mayor in 2002, 2010 and 2015, according to his online biography.

The rant was triggered by a student wearing a Marine Corps shirt.

The student who recorded Salcido's rant a week ago was also wearing Marine clothing. He said he felt terrorized by his teacher's words.

"And I told him it was a family tradition," the student recalled. "My dad's done it, my two uncles have done it. And I just wanted to continue that tradition because it's also something I wanted to do as a kid. And he said so if it was a family tradition to beat women, would you continue it too?"

It appears this isn't the first time Salcido has come under fire. The Whittier Times reports the El Rancho High School teacher was placed on administrative leave in 2010 after a parent complained about inappropriate comments he made in class. At the time, Salcido denied making inappropriate comments and said they were exaggerated.

Pico Rivera councilman under fire for anti-military rant in classroom
Is this the first time you have ever heard something like this before?

Did you hear the video?

With that said, the facts are, in an all volunteer army, unless he joins ROTC and gets an education first and becomes on officer, what this teacher is telling him are truth bombs.

MLK was assassinated by the government for telling the black community essentially the same things.

smedleyButlerQuote.jpg

All I can say about folks that think being a soldier is dumb, I get free medical care from it....and I can get buried for $265 dollars...

Did you hear the video?

smedleyButlerQuote.jpg
I did.

As I said, I think, for the most part, it was probably part of a much larger discussion. It was probably the most heated and hurtful part from the boy's POV.

Teens have a tendency to be stubborn when they cling to ingrained ideas. Much like adults. We all should be open to new ideas.

If we had heard the whole discussion, I think the take away would have been, that the teacher felt that the boy had so much more potential than cannon fodder for the banking cartels and the military-industrial-complex. That's just my suspicion.

All I can say about folks that think being a soldier is dumb, I get free medical care from it....and I can get buried for $265 dollars...
All I can say is all those guys who got drafted and then died in Vietnam for nothing, is nothing short of revolting.

It should never happen again, but it will.

All I can say is all those guys who got drafted and then died in Vietnam for nothing, is nothing short of revolting.

It should never happen again, but it will.
My Dad joined and did four tours of duty, hell man he found a place that gave out free beer...

Why? HE obviously has the support of the community. He's been elected to various local offices several times.

THis is the future. THe progressive, diverse, multicultural, future that you lefties have been working towards and gloating about for decades.

Embrace it. It's yours.

Mine too, unfortunately. But, that's what I get for losing. And working my whole life instead of having kids I couldn't afford to care for.

Wow you sound bitter... The dude is going to be reprimanded I am sure. It is your choice not to have children, what does this have to do with anything on this thread?

Why is this a dem/repub thing.. 1 person does not make the community..

Did you hear about the cop telling the newbie cops to shoot all black people? Does that make all cops to be bad people?

That military keeps us safe and are ready to react in a moments notice, if we are ever attacked. The fact you also disparage our military saddens me. Now, do you agree with this? And no, there is no mistaking context. And I suspect you’d be one of the first screaming ‘where are they?’ if ever attacked and they weren’t there.
From the la times-
"We've got a bunch of dumb [expletive] over there," Salcido says in the recording. "Think about the people who you know who are over there – your freaking stupid Uncle Louie or whatever – they're dumb [expletive]. They're not like high-level thinkers, they're not academic people, they're not intellectual people; they're the freaking lowest of our low."

The diatribe appears to have been in reaction to a student wearing a Marines shirt or sweatshirt.

"You better not freaking go," Salcido says in one recording. "Don't wear that in here."...

In 2012, according to local news reports, Salcido was placed on leave for striking a student, an incident he characterized at the time as "grossly exaggerated." In 2010, he was reportedly temporarily suspended after a parent complained that Salcido had threatened his daughter and made inappropriate comments in summer school.
Pico Rivera teacher's remarks about military spark backlash

Now watch the actual freaking videos, all 3-
Kimberlie Flauto
By the way, all my family members that were in the military and still are, have their masters.
Did you hear the video?

smedleyButlerQuote.jpg
I did.

As I said, I think, for the most part, it was probably part of a much larger discussion. It was probably the most heated and hurtful part from the boy's POV.

Teens have a tendency to be stubborn when they cling to ingrained ideas. Much like adults. We all should be open to new ideas.

If we had heard the whole discussion, I think the take away would have been, that the teacher felt that the boy had so much more potential than cannon fodder for the banking cartels and the military-industrial-complex. That's just my suspicion.

smedleyButlerQuote.jpg

Here's your typical asshole lib folks.

Forum List

Back