California boasts number one economy in US

This is sure to trigger a few Callie-haters! :)

I'm sorry. Can you please repeat that?

I can't hear you over all the California moving trucks unloading here.
California is kicking Texas' ass

Than why are all their companies moving to Texas?
Because Texas doesn't care if they pollute the environment or screw their employees.

So they were polluting when they were in cali?
You seem to have a problem with thinking things through.

Your link:

"By adding 1.3 million people to its non-farm payrolls since April last year -- equal to the entire workforce of Nevada -- California easily surpassed also-rans Texas and New York.

"At the same time, California household income increased $164 billion, almost as much as Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania combined, according to data compiled by Bloomberg."
California issues 2.5M Golden State Stimulus payments. Here's how to qualify for $600 checks
851daebb-07b8-4bdf-9f97-54942a2e0702_image.jpg

In the last month I received a $600 stimulus grant from the state of California in addition to the previous federal payments.

While California has seen a net loss in population for the first time in a century and its current governor is facing recall, the state will continue to attract many of the best and brightest, imho.

I'm sorry. Can you please repeat that?

I can't hear you over all the California moving trucks unloading here.
California is kicking Texas' ass

Than why are all their companies moving to Texas?
There are very few in truth that are moving and what is being moved is the low skill goober work.

Your link:

"By adding 1.3 million people to its non-farm payrolls since April last year -- equal to the entire workforce of Nevada -- California easily surpassed also-rans Texas and New York.

"At the same time, California household income increased $164 billion, almost as much as Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania combined, according to data compiled by Bloomberg."
California issues 2.5M Golden State Stimulus payments. Here's how to qualify for $600 checks
851daebb-07b8-4bdf-9f97-54942a2e0702_image.jpg

In the last month I received a $600 stimulus grant from the state of California in addition to the previous federal payments.

While California has seen a net loss in population for the first time in a century and its current governor is facing recall, the state will continue to attract many of the best and brightest, imho.
Right? Can’t hardly wait for the Newsom recall! ;)

Right? Can’t hardly wait for the Newsom recall!
It's not polling too well at the moment:

Survey: Newsom recall effort still losing, fails to gain support after qualifying for ballot

"The campaign to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom has failed to gain support since qualifying for the ballot amid a stiff partisan divide in California, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

"Among 1,705 likely voters surveyed by the Public Policy Institute of California, 57% said they would vote to keep the governor and 40% sought to remove him, with the remaining 3% undecided."

Well if all of this is true, then I suppose we need to add a tax to every box of produce grown in California, including our wines. A few years ago we shopped in a Safeway Store in Virginia, I noticed that the Corn being sold there was produced in Brentwood, Contra Costa County, CA.

Artichokes grown in San Mateo, Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties, on CA's Pacific Coast, oh, and the grapes grown in Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino Counties too, as well as almonds are grown in 16 counties in the state: San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Colusa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, and Kern Counties produce the biggest almond crops, with each county growing upwards of 100 million pounds a year.

5. California

California has the fifth-highest debt of any state, with total liabilities coming out to $362.87 billion. Total assets come out to $301.1 billion, creating a $55.96 billion net debt and giving California a debt ratio of 120.5%. California's debt and liabilities can be broken down into three categories: retirement liabilities, budgetary borrowing, and bond debt. However, combining California's federal, state, and local debt brings California's debt total to over $1 trillion. According to this report, the debt would cost each resident of California $33,000 or each taxpayer $74,000.

So? Adjustments have been made:
  • Retirement benefits have been reduced to all new hires
  • Bond Debt can be as long as 30 years, and is passed by the voters
  • Budgetary borrowing
    • Court Orders (prison jail overcrowding, for one example)
    • Fires

Forum List

Back