California authorities identify Laguna Woods church shooting victim, motive...China and Taiwan...huh?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How rare is this? An Asian hate/political attack on the Taiwanese community based on the political issues between Mainland China and Taiwan. Why the hell would you bring a dispute that is oceans away to your adopted country?

For the record, this attack has quietly disappeared at least in Canada, the focus has been 24/7 coverage of the racist attack in Buffalo (I forgot what city the racist attack occurred as I was typing this, so I just turned it on CBC as I knew they would be covering it or a headline would be present). Hell, the attacker may have even chose this day knowing his attack would go largely under reported due to the attacks in Buffalo.

A doctor lost his life to save others. RIP to all the victims.

Police have identified 68-year-old David Chou, of Las Vegas, as the suspected shooter behind the attack. Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes said Monday that the shooting was a "politically motivated hate incident."

"This was a politically motivated hate incident, a grievance that this individual had between himself and the Taiwanese community," Barnes said.

"Evidence was collected linking him to this crime based on preliminary information in the investigation, it is believed the suspect involved was upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan," he added.

maybe he's mad cause a black guy didn't beat him half to death?

How rare is this? An Asian hate/political attack on the Taiwanese community based on the political issues between Mainland China and Taiwan. Why the hell would you bring a dispute that is oceans away to your adopted country?

For the record, this attack has quietly disappeared at least in Canada, the focus has been 24/7 coverage of the racist attack in Buffalo (I forgot what city the racist attack occurred as I was typing this, so I just turned it on CBC as I knew they would be covering it or a headline would be present). Hell, the attacker may have even chose this day knowing his attack would go largely under reported due to the attacks in Buffalo.

Police have identified 68-year-old David Chou, of Las Vegas, as the suspected shooter behind the attack. Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes said Monday that the shooting was a "politically motivated hate incident."

"This was a politically motivated hate incident, a grievance that this individual had between himself and the Taiwanese community," Barnes said.

"Evidence was collected linking him to this crime based on preliminary information in the investigation, it is believed the suspect involved was upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan," he added.
His beef was that when he moved from China to Taiwan he was treated badly.That I believe was his biggest motivation to take it out on some elderly church goers. I read the story in the LA Times.

Politically-motivated Chicom shooting.....any condemnation from Biden? Or do Xi already buy his and Hunter's silence?

I dont remember reading that the shooter was s pro communist chinese

The lib media avoided mentioning that fact

Forum List

Back