CA Gas Tax Increases To 50.5 Cents

Do you know who does use their designated road tax on roads?

Nevada.

They started road construction on the I-80 into Reno sometime around 1965 and it continues to this day. Last time I was in Reno (2011), they still had the road construction going.

But Nevada has some damn fine roads leading into the gambling meccas.
as long as it is around downtown great.....they dont maintain the roads to well in the surrounding areas....
I don't know. My parents lived in Silver Springs (50 miles outside Carson) and the roads there were good all the way out to Fallon. The 80 as good out to Winnimucca last time I drove that far out. I don't know about Battle Mountain or Wendover as I haven't driven through there since the late 1970's.
well i live in the northern most part of Las Vegas i am maybe 15 miles from the base of the mountains and the roads there can be a joke.....

Glad to know that the roads in other parts of the country are for shit also.

Here on Long Island, the roads are third world quality if that.

Well, at least the billionaires got their tax cuts and that’s what really matters.
Wow Long Island? Isnt that the area where you have to pay a toll every time you use a tunnel or cross a bridge? Hmm, i went across one of those bridges in 1999 and it looked like shit(Bill Clinton was in office) and i asked what the bridge toll was used for? The attendant had no clue, and for sure the way the bridge looked the toll wasnt going to fix the bridge. Now if you have a gripe, take it to Governor Cujo, you know the guy who killed 10s of thousands of elderly, there must be plenty of excess Social Security now that those people are dead....
Yeah, but the roads in New Jersey are really good. But you have to pay a lot of tolls there too. My wife and I went to Wildwood for vacation a few years ago and decided to try and get out of New Jersey without paying a single toll.

We managed it, but it took like nine hours! and we ended up exiting through Phillipsburg.

Nevada.

They started road construction on the I-80 into Reno sometime around 1965 and it continues to this day. Last time I was in Reno (2011), they still had the road construction going.

as long as it is around downtown great.....they dont maintain the roads to well in the surrounding areas....
I don't know. My parents lived in Silver Springs (50 miles outside Carson) and the roads there were good all the way out to Fallon. The 80 as good out to Winnimucca last time I drove that far out. I don't know about Battle Mountain or Wendover as I haven't driven through there since the late 1970's.
well i live in the northern most part of Las Vegas i am maybe 15 miles from the base of the mountains and the roads there can be a joke.....
You'd think that with it being close to Vegas......

Nevada.

Are you still complaining about that washboard dirt road going up the hill to your place?
I told you to have the city spray oil on it.
they said they cant afford it they just spent money paving the strip.....

The price of gasoline in my area is hovering around $3.19 per gallon for regular.
The new increase was voted in 3 years ago for road building. Ok, get busy and fill in all them damned potholes while all those projects seem to be on hold.

"Prices at the pump will increase for Californians Wednesday, as the state gas tax rises for the third time in four years."

The 3.2 cent boost brings the total gas tax to around 50.5 cents a gallon. The tax is a result of Senate Bill 1, which passed in 2017. It's expected to bring in about $7 billion this fiscal year alone to pay for maintenance and repairs."

If you think CA is going to use the money for roads, you're nuts.

When I lived there, they claimed the tax on gas was for road maintenance, but the roads were always lousy and prominent people always seem to get their accounts greased for votes.
As always they're using the money to finance their stupidity. And as long as all the stupid drooling idiot voters keep electing the assholes they'll continue the stupidity until anyone with any brains or money leaves leaving behind only deadbeats on the take and no money. Eventually it will become a wasteland,
The fucking trucks have been tearing up the roads faster than they can be repaired. Old worn out and everyone drives a car in CA. With so much traffic work is mostly done at night. When they try to work on them in the day it's gridlock. ???
You do realize that the Truckers pay far more in gas and fees than the regular citizen does, right?

The price of gasoline in my area is hovering around $3.19 per gallon for regular.
The new increase was voted in 3 years ago for road building. Ok, get busy and fill in all them damned potholes while all those projects seem to be on hold.

"Prices at the pump will increase for Californians Wednesday, as the state gas tax rises for the third time in four years."

The 3.2 cent boost brings the total gas tax to around 50.5 cents a gallon. The tax is a result of Senate Bill 1, which passed in 2017. It's expected to bring in about $7 billion this fiscal year alone to pay for maintenance and repairs."

~~~~~~
Hmm...., the last time I was in Frisco gasoline was hovering just near or above $5.00/gallon and the streets made the Ho Chi Minh look like a well tended major highway in comparison.
Last summer it was real close to 5 here.

Keep sticking it to the stupid assholes of California. Gas in my area is in the low $2's. HaHa.

And still these idiot schmucks will keep voting in another democrat turd.

young-blonde-adult-man-laughing-you-pointing-camera-making-fun-mocking-you_1194-26812.jpg

dam i paid 2.19 just Monday.....i sure as hell dont miss those gas prices....
It was under $3 last month. It went up to $3.29 2 weeks later then down $.10.
I bet it goes back up another $.20 soon. You should drive the 101 through Carpentaria. That project is taking forever and maybe well into the future. Since the pandemic traffic is tolerable.
its ok i will take your word for it.....if i got to the state line my car will start getting sluggish and the radio would come on with a disembodied voice yelling ...."danger! danger! Harry Dresden"......

Nevada.

You'd think that with it being close to Vegas......
when i lived Anaheim they would pave around Disneyland every 2 years.......every place else.....maybe if they have it in the budget they might get to your street....same shit here...

Pennsylvania has the 2nd highest gasoline taxes in the country, just 3 cents less than California. However regular gas is about $2.49 now. Its more than just the gas tax that's screwing California.

BTW, a few miles from here in Ohio, the price of gas is about 30 cents cheaper.

If you think CA is going to use the money for roads, you're nuts.

When I lived there, they claimed the tax on gas was for road maintenance, but the roads were always lousy and prominent people always seem to get their accounts greased for votes.
As always they're using the money to finance their stupidity. And as long as all the stupid drooling idiot voters keep electing the assholes they'll continue the stupidity until anyone with any brains or money leaves leaving behind only deadbeats on the take and no money. Eventually it will become a wasteland,
And....the people keep voting for more taxes...UNBELIEVABLE!
Many projects on track were put off for all the destruction of the Northridge earthquake.
What sucked about that was those projects before the quake were 20 years in the wait at the time.
CA can't win.

Keep sticking it to the stupid assholes of California. Gas in my area is in the low $2's. HaHa.

And still these idiot schmucks will keep voting in another democrat turd.
Funny how many of the projects with CA R's in office never happened.

Nevada.

Many local roads suck. Especially here in Vegas.
For a 30 cent gallon increase, are U joking?

Pennsylvania has the 2nd highest gasoline taxes in the country, just 3 cents less than California. However regular gas is about $2.49 now. Its more than just the gas tax that's screwing California.

BTW, a few miles from here in Ohio, the price of gas is about 30 cents cheaper.
Its actually cheaper in NY right now than PA.

Forum List

Back