CA Gas Tax Increases To 50.5 Cents

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
The price of gasoline in my area is hovering around $3.19 per gallon for regular.
The new increase was voted in 3 years ago for road building. Ok, get busy and fill in all them damned potholes while all those projects seem to be on hold.

"Prices at the pump will increase for Californians Wednesday, as the state gas tax rises for the third time in four years."

The 3.2 cent boost brings the total gas tax to around 50.5 cents a gallon. The tax is a result of Senate Bill 1, which passed in 2017. It's expected to bring in about $7 billion this fiscal year alone to pay for maintenance and repairs."

The price of gasoline in my area is hovering around $3.19 per gallon for regular.
The new increase was voted in 3 years ago for road building. Ok, get busy and fill in all them damned potholes while all those projects seem to be on hold.

"Prices at the pump will increase for Californians Wednesday, as the state gas tax rises for the third time in four years."

The 3.2 cent boost brings the total gas tax to around 50.5 cents a gallon. The tax is a result of Senate Bill 1, which passed in 2017. It's expected to bring in about $7 billion this fiscal year alone to pay for maintenance and repairs."

If you think CA is going to use the money for roads, you're nuts.

When I lived there, they claimed the tax on gas was for road maintenance, but the roads were always lousy and prominent people always seem to get their accounts greased for votes.

Yeah the thieving democrats will do everything but fix the roads.

Do you know who does use their designated road tax on roads?

Nevada.

They started road construction on the I-80 into Reno sometime around 1965 and it continues to this day. Last time I was in Reno (2011), they still had the road construction going.

But Nevada has some damn fine roads leading into the gambling meccas.

When I lived there, they claimed the tax on gas was for road maintenance, but the roads were always lousy and prominent people always seem to get their accounts greased for votes.
As always they're using the money to finance their stupidity. And as long as all the stupid drooling idiot voters keep electing the assholes they'll continue the stupidity until anyone with any brains or money leaves leaving behind only deadbeats on the take and no money. Eventually it will become a wasteland,

As always they're using the money to finance their stupidity. And as long as all the stupid drooling idiot voters keep electing the assholes they'll continue the stupidity until anyone with any brains or money leaves leaving behind only deadbeats on the take and no money. Eventually it will become a wasteland,
Yep. I got out in 1998.

Nevada.

They started road construction on the I-80 into Reno sometime around 1965 and it continues to this day. Last time I was in Reno (2011), they still had the road construction going.

as long as it is around downtown great.....they dont maintain the roads to well in the surrounding areas....

Yep. I got out in 1998.
me, it was 2008

Glad to know that the roads in other parts of the country are for shit also.

Here on Long Island, the roads are third world quality if that.

Well, at least the billionaires got their tax cuts and that’s what really matters.

And....the people keep voting for more taxes...UNBELIEVABLE!

Morons and illegals live in Californication...Where do you think that gas money goes?

“More Than 10 Million” Illegals in California Alone - Frontpagemag
California heaps welfare benefits on those illegally present, including nearly $100 million for health care in the recent budget. Many of those 10 million illegals came to California specifically to get those taxpayer-funded benefits. It disturbs Becerra and Newsom that this disqualifies the recipients from any future legal status, but there’s more to it. As attorney Madison Gesiotto explains in The Hill, voting must also be taken into account.
But dont worry, those illegals will keep Governor Nobrain in office just so he can tax you more...

~~~~~~
Hmm...., the last time I was in Frisco gasoline was hovering just near or above $5.00/gallon and the streets made the Ho Chi Minh look like a well tended major highway in comparison.

Nevada.

as long as it is around downtown great.....they dont maintain the roads to well in the surrounding areas....
I don't know. My parents lived in Silver Springs (50 miles outside Carson) and the roads there were good all the way out to Fallon. The 80 as good out to Winnimucca last time I drove that far out. I don't know about Battle Mountain or Wendover as I haven't driven through there since the late 1970's.

Nevada.

Are you still complaining about that washboard dirt road going up the hill to your place?
I told you to have the city spray oil on it.

Well, at least the billionaires got their tax cuts and that’s what really matters.
How can you tell it is winter in Pennsylvania?

The roads smooth out!

They promised that the taxes on the gas companies would be use to update and upgrade the roads here. They are as bad now as they have ever been.

Wow Long Island? Isnt that the area where you have to pay a toll every time you use a tunnel or cross a bridge? Hmm, i went across one of those bridges in 1999 and it looked like shit(Bill Clinton was in office) and i asked what the bridge toll was used for? The attendant had no clue, and for sure the way the bridge looked the toll wasnt going to fix the bridge. Now if you have a gripe, take it to Governor Cujo, you know the guy who killed 10s of thousands of elderly, there must be plenty of excess Social Security now that those people are dead....

dam i paid 2.19 just Monday.....i sure as hell dont miss those gas prices....
It was under $3 last month. It went up to $3.29 2 weeks later then down $.10.
I bet it goes back up another $.20 soon. You should drive the 101 through Carpentaria. That project is taking forever and maybe well into the future. Since the pandemic traffic is tolerable.

The fucking trucks have been tearing up the roads faster than they can be repaired. Old worn out and everyone drives a car in CA. With so much traffic work is mostly done at night. When they try to work on them in the day it's gridlock. ???

Forum List

Back