Bye, bye Pence!

I never "liked" or "unliked" either of those posts

Oh really?

1622933378638.png

You were saying something about me doctoring that image?

You were saying something about me doctoring that image?
yes I remember that incident and I owned up to my mistake

For you I think its your Captain Queeg moment and you just keep reliving it

So here, be my guest

yes I remember that incident and I owned up to my mistake

Oh. So you mean I DIDN'T doctor that image and you DID like a post calling for the murder of our elected officials. Weren't you saying something about me lying about all of that? Whoops.

Yeah, most of the Republican Party has gone batshit insane, ensconced in the bizarre alternative reality of an insane lying grifting demagogue.

If Orange Jesus said the world was flat and the moon was made of green cheese, 70% of Republicans would believe him, and defend to their death that this is true.

Because cult.

The problem is, this didn't start with Trump. It started when you dickheads in the Investor class decided the best way to get dumb white working class idiots to vote for your economic interests and against their own was to play on their racial, religious and sexual fears. You can draw a straight line from Nixon's Southern Strategy, Reagan's Welfare Queens, Bush's Willie Horton Ads, Bush Jr.'s opposition to gay marriage, straight through to Trump.

It got a lot worse when Obama got elected and the GOP base lost it's mind, first electing the Teabaggers, then nominating the Mormon Cult Leader, and finally, just going with Trump, because he was saying the crazy shit louder than anyone else.

I remember when you got fully behind Romney in 2012, and don't you dare point out he belongs to an insane cult.

Of course, the guy who engaged in a Toad elevating moment with Trump was Romney. Romney was so scared Trump might run against him as a third party candidate that he kissed his ring and said nothing as Trump continued to spread his hate. That's why I have to just laugh when Romney is being "principled" against Trump now. It's like Dr. Frankenstein leading the mob to find the monster he created.

The ironic thing is, I understand how Trump got the support he got. I see it in my own family. It's not just the "deplorables", it working class whites who have watched their standard of living decline year after year. Trump gives them convenient scapegoats- Illegal, Chinese, whatever.

So I don't take it terribly seriously when investor-class mopes like you and Mac1958 bemoan Trump. Because you created the atmosphere where he thrived.
Correct.

The notion that prior to Trump the GOP was a sane, inclusive, responsible, slightly right-of-center party is a myth.

You don't know that anymore than anybody else unless you have a crystal ball. You're simply conveying your own bias.
I can go by historical odds. Presidents usually get re-elected. Since 1900, 15 incumbent presidents have been re-elected - McKinley, T. Roosevelt*, Wilson, Coolidge*, FD Roosevelt (3 times), Truman*, Eisenhower, LBJ*, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush-43, Obama
(*- I am counting guys who took the job because the main guy died in office).

The only time they don't is if
1) They really, really fucked it up. (Hoover, Trump, Ford)
2) They angered a part of their coalition who defected to a third party (Bush-41, Carter, Taft)

Even not particularly good/popular presidents get re-elected, such as Bush-43, or Nixon, or Harry Truman. Heck, even Jerry Ford came damned close to a second term, despite pardoning Nixon, losing Vietnam and wrecking the economy, and he never got elected on a national ticket to start with. That's how much you get from incumbency.

It all depends on who the Republicans run against him. A lot of people are going to be reluctant to reelect an 82 year old man to the presidency knowing the more than fair odds he won't live to finish the term.

A president hasn't died in office from natural causes in 76 years. People know that these guys get the best medical care in the world. And frankly, I'd like to be as vigorous as Biden is at 79.

As long as the Republican candidate isn't Trump Part II they will have that advantage right out of the gate.

Will they? The Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 1988 except for one time, and they had to scare the hell out of us to do it.

The problem with the GOP is that they have to pander to a base that is basically nuts. They can't walk that back after the election. And frankly, what incentive do they have to not be Trump II, Electric Bugaloo? Trump excites the base. Even if Trump doesn't run, they'll have to outcrazy each other to get the same result.

I doubt very much Biden runs again anyway, so the point is likely moot.

Well, you guys can hope. Biden or not, Republicans still have the same problem. It's become a white identity party in a country that is increasingly anti-racist.

Can't really go by these markers anymore. TRUMP won 18 out of 19 bellwether counties along with winning Florida and Ohio by a lot.

View attachment 497561
lol

Trees, grass, and cows don’t vote.

Too funny.

You don't know that anymore than anybody else unless you have a crystal ball. You're simply conveying your own bias.
I can go by historical odds. Presidents usually get re-elected. Since 1900, 15 incumbent presidents have been re-elected - McKinley, T. Roosevelt*, Wilson, Coolidge*, FD Roosevelt (3 times), Truman*, Eisenhower, LBJ*, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush-43, Obama

2) They angered a part of their coalition who defected to a third party (Bush-41, Carter, Taft)

Even not particularly good/popular presidents get re-elected, such as Bush-43, or Nixon, or Harry Truman. Heck, even Jerry Ford came damned close to a second term, despite pardoning Nixon, losing Vietnam and wrecking the economy, and he never got elected on a national ticket to start with. That's how much you get from incumbency.

It all depends on who the Republicans run against him. A lot of people are going to be reluctant to reelect an 82 year old man to the presidency knowing the more than fair odds he won't live to finish the term.

A president hasn't died in office from natural causes in 76 years. People know that these guys get the best medical care in the world. And frankly, I'd like to be as vigorous as Biden is at 79.

As long as the Republican candidate isn't Trump Part II they will have that advantage right out of the gate.

Will they? The Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 1988 except for one time, and they had to scare the hell out of us to do it.

The problem with the GOP is that they have to pander to a base that is basically nuts. They can't walk that back after the election. And frankly, what incentive do they have to not be Trump II, Electric Bugaloo? Trump excites the base. Even if Trump doesn't run, they'll have to outcrazy each other to get the same result.

Well, you guys can hope. Biden or not, Republicans still have the same problem. It's become a white identity party in a country that is increasingly anti-racist.

Can't really go by these markers anymore. TRUMP won 18 out of 19 bellwether counties along with winning Florida and Ohio by a lot.

View attachment 497561
lol

Too funny.
So you think the urban shitholes should have ALL the say in the elections? fuck you, Communist douchbags! I hope every urban craphole is targeted by Russian nukes.

You've got Ron DeSantis waiting in the wings. Even liberals down here like DeSantis. If he runs, Florida comes off the table as a battleground state...
If DeSantis runs?

I think A LOT of purple states will come off the map. . .

Folks are tired of Deep State and establishment bullshit.

At least the ones that are aware of what is going on.
Here we go again with the "establishment" & "deep state" horseshit. It was establishment Republicans who acquitted Trump twice because he's one of them. And that's why they're still giving each other a reach around with only a few exceptions. Very few. Keep telling ypurself he's not if it makes you feel better.

View attachment 497561
lol

Too funny.
So you think the urban shitholes should have ALL the say in the elections? fuck you, Communist douchbags! I hope every urban craphole is targeted by Russian nukes.
Clown, does that include the urban shitholes run by Republicans? Or is it only the ones in blue states that you get a once a year hard on over?

View attachment 497561
lol

Too funny.
Clown, does that include the urban shitholes run by Republicans? Or is it only the ones in blue states that you get a once a year hard on over?
Once a year? Listen Asshole. My disdain for Democrats is year round.

You've got Ron DeSantis waiting in the wings. Even liberals down here like DeSantis. If he runs, Florida comes off the table as a battleground state...
If DeSantis runs?

I think A LOT of purple states will come off the map. . .

Folks are tired of Deep State and establishment bullshit.

At least the ones that are aware of what is going on.
Here we go again with the "establishment" & "deep state" horseshit. It was establishment Republicans who acquitted Trump twice because he's one of them. And that's why they're still giving each other a reach around with only a few exceptions. Very few. Keep telling ypurself he's not if it makes you feel better.
To extent, you are right, and you are wrong.

I did speak in generalizations. The MIC and other elite global stake holders is not a monolithic group.

Some presidents get shot at, others get killed. Some get impeached. . .

. . . some twice.

:heehee:

. . . and they still leave the plebes wanting more. :meow:

This thread itself is proof that Pence’s career is over, and that his ‘campaigning’ for the Republican presidential nomination is lunacy.
I agree.

There's an outside chance that he could run for an Indiana House or Senate seat, or accept a cabinet post, but I'd be surprised even by those.

This thread itself is proof that Pence’s career is over, and that his ‘campaigning’ for the Republican presidential nomination is lunacy.
I agree.

There's an outside chance that he could run for an Indiana House or Senate seat, or accept a cabinet post, but I'd be surprised even by those.
Pence would have been far better off if he had never gotten involved with Trump. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

View attachment 497561
lol

Too funny.
Once a year? Listen Asshole. My disdain for Democrats is year round.
Hey, no sweat. But this Country is better off without Trump whether you like it or not. Personally, I don't give a shit what you think because you're on the side of Trump who is not only corrupt but he's the worst individual ever elected as POTUS. He has the character of, oh never mind. He has none like all narcissists. Tonight he shot his mouth off about the N.Y. investgation because he knows his day is coming & it won't be good.

you mean I DIDN'T doctor that image and you DID like a post calling for the murder of our elected officials.
No I dont think you doctor did and I apologize for calling you names

Shame on me for taking your bait twice

The rubes wanted him dead.
thats a damn lie

Trump supporters did not/do not want pence dead

"And Pence, as vice president on that day, had no role other than a ceremonial one -- to oversee the formal certification of the electoral vote count that showed Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 election"

OK.

If it was merely ceremonial why do it?

Biden would be certified as president with or without pence.
Because, unlike the insurrectionists and their fuhrer, the forms of democracy mean something to people like Pence.

unlike the insurrectionists and their fuhrer, the forms of democracy mean something to people like Pence.
What could be more disrespectful of democracy that cheating and vote stealing?

Pence us not a bad guy in many ways

But preferring to lose gracefully only belongs in tennis or golf

If his presence was only symbolic then he should have symbolized with the people who brought him there instead of the enemies who stole an election

Forum List

Back