Buying a BMW

So has the dealer told you how long the wait is? I know with the chip issues that brand new are being delayed, so I would hope for your sake that you're not having to wait too long.

Yes, he said the car will arrive sometime mid to late September. He said it's not actually due to the semiconductor chip shortage, but just a backlog since shut down around the world due to COVID.

I’m still waiting on the car. I imagine it’s sitting on one of those cargo ships stranded off the coast of LA :mad:

It finally arrived!

IMG_5322.jpg

We cross-shopped the 3 series with a Porsche Macan. In both cars I was skeptical about the adequacy of the turbo-4, but after having driven them, it's not an issue at all. The performance is good enough for anyone who is not an idiot.

After four years, our BMW, for which we paid about $45k, is worth something in the low 20's. 50% depreciation in four years, which is about normal. One factor that gave me pause with the 4-cylinder Macan was that "nobody" would want the 4-banger on the used market when it came time to sell it. I don't know whether that has been confirmed or not.

To shift gears a bit, our BMW has averaged almost 26mpg around town (we take a bigger vehicle when we go on trips), on 89 Octane, which I think is excellent.

We went down to the BMW dealership today and put down a small deposit for them to reserve us a 2021 330i series in sunset orange metallic and it will have the premium package. My wife and I have always bought practical cars. I currently drive a 2019 Honda Civic Sport and it's a great car, but I've reached a point in my career where I'm pulling in six figures, she makes pretty good money too, and my student loans are now all paid off, so we figured what the fuck. Let's a live a little and get an upgrade.

View attachment 514115
I'm sure it will be a great car, but doesn't it look a little too ordinary ? It's shaped almost like a Ford Taurus.

bmw.jpg

1635608936749.png

Last edited:
We went down to the BMW dealership today and put down a small deposit for them to reserve us a 2021 330i series in sunset orange metallic and it will have the premium package. My wife and I have always bought practical cars. I currently drive a 2019 Honda Civic Sport and it's a great car, but I've reached a point in my career where I'm pulling in six figures, she makes pretty good money too, and my student loans are now all paid off, so we figured what the fuck. Let's a live a little and get an upgrade.

View attachment 514115
Don't, BMW didn't install indicators (blinkers in American speak)

If you make a lot of generalizations like that you seem like an idiot. The main reasons why BMW's are popular is because they are outstanding cars. Toyota's last longer, but WGAF?

Forum List

Back