Buying a BMW

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
We went down to the BMW dealership today and put down a small deposit for them to reserve us a 2021 330i series in sunset orange metallic and it will have the premium package. My wife and I have always bought practical cars. I currently drive a 2019 Honda Civic Sport and it's a great car, but I've reached a point in my career where I'm pulling in six figures, she makes pretty good money too, and my student loans are now all paid off, so we figured what the fuck. Let's a live a little and get an upgrade.

1626582611864.png

We went down to the BMW dealership today and put down a small deposit for them to reserve us a 2021 330i series in sunset orange metallic and it will have the premium package. My wife and I have always bought practical cars. I currently drive a 2019 Honda Civic Sport and it's a great car, but I've reached a point in my career where I'm pulling in six figures, she makes pretty good money too, and my student loans are now all paid off, so we figured what the fuck. Let's a live a little and get an upgrade.

View attachment 514115

If you are satisfied with Honda, why aren't you just upgrading to an Acura instead of going for entirely different make?

View attachment 514115

If you are satisfied with Honda, why aren't you just upgrading to an Acura instead of going for entirely different make?

We want to get a luxury car. Never had one before, so why not? We have the money.

View attachment 514115

Beautiful car! The thought of what it costs to get an oil change is making me cringe, though.

View attachment 514115

We want to get a luxury car. Never had one before, so why not? We have the money.

Acuras are luxury cars made by Honda, no?

View attachment 514115
CONGRATULATIONS!
You should be very proud of yourself...and your wife.

Cool car.

Just puzzling. . . I've always wondered about these huge corporations that collaborated with Nazis. . .

All over the planet, little folks get "cancelled," and have their lives and very careers affected by dumb shit they said or did, yet these huge multi-national corporations, which still have some of the same family member's descendants running them? Do not have to suffer?

What's the double standard that is applied to the middle and lower classes on PC think and action, versus the global oligarchs and their corporations, and why do we tolerate that double standard bullshit?

BMW Owners Finally Admit Nazi Past

View attachment 514115

Join the BMW owners association. Every year they host the membership at the Nordschleife and take over the track for the weekend.

They provide instructors and cars. Last time I did it it was 5000 for the weekend.

Well worth the money.

Cool car.

Just puzzling. . . I've always wondered about these huge corporations that collaborated with Nazis. . .

All over the planet, little folks get "cancelled," and have their lives and very careers affected by dumb shit they said or did, yet these huge multi-national corporations, which still have some of the same family member's descendants running them? Do not have to suffer?

What's the double standard that is applied to the middle and lower classes on PC think and action, versus the global oligarchs and their corporations, and why do we tolerate that double standard bullshit?

BMW Owners Finally Admit Nazi Past

I was going to post that exact same video ... you beat me to it. :)

View attachment 514115
My girl last month bought a 530i ....her old man loaded ...
2019 with 18000 miles

I drove the car
120 mph on highway like it was nothing ...sweet ride
Stay away from BMW v8 ....they have a notorious problem

I like my twin turbo audi ....which is bigger and mucho comfy

Acuras are luxury cars made by Honda, no?

At the end of the day, an Acura is still just an overpriced version of a Honduh. Which isn't to say that Honduhs aren't already overpriced to begin with, for what they are.

If I were going to spend that much on a vehicle, I sure as Hell wouldn't spend it on a piece of Japanese garbage. I'd only ever consider buying Japanese trash if I was on a tight budget, and that was what was available within my price range.

Not sure I'd ever buy a BMW either. They're awfully expensive, and I am skeptical about them being nearly good enough to justify their price.

The question of buying an expensive vehicle has actually taken on some relevance to me, lately. I'm now awaiting an inheritance, out of which I am resolved to spend some of it on a good vehicle. When one is daydreaming about vehicles that one will never really ever be able to afford, it's easy for such daydreams to lean toward exotic luxury or sport or high-performance vehicles. But now that it's becoming a realistic possibility, I find myself thinking more about what sort of vehicle will really best meet my present needs.

My biggest dissatisfaction with my present car, a 2016 Dodge Dart, is not that it isn't fast enough for my liking, or luxurious enough, or exotic enough. It's that it handles very badly on rough terrain, such as the construction sites I frequent, and even some of the roads here in Sacramento, poorly-maintained as they are, with the criminals in office jacking up our gas taxes ostensibly to pay for fixing them, and then misspending these revenues on other bullshit, are rougher than what my car really is suited for.

I've been looking up various candidates for my next vehicle, and I keep coming back to the upcoming reimagined Ford Bronco. Probably overkill for my rough-terrain needs, but I keep coming back to it as seeming to be the best balance of price with capabilities that are actually useful to me.

My selected configuration changes, from time to time, as Ford changes which option are available in combination with which other options. When my inheritance comes in, I may just have to sit down with a Ford Dealer and work out the exact combination of options, and see if I can get combinations that the web site doesn't seem to allow. For example, the Badlands trim won't let me configure with a roof rack and the 2.7-liter V6. I can have the roof rack, with the 2.3-litre I4, but not with the V6. Surely, the choice of engine should have no effect on whether or not I can have a roof rack. The dumbass Black LIES Matter protesters blocking the road guard (Ford calls it a “brush guard”) also isn't being allowed, unless I settle for the four-cylinder.

Current configuration is in the Badlands trim.

1626636732097.png

Last edited:
I’ve had my 3 series since 1997 and it’s been an excellent reliable car.

And I can’t say that it costs that much more to fix or service than our Toyota or Nissan.

But then again, it rarely breaks.

BMW's are such awesome cars. If money was no object, I'd probably choose a BMW, as it stands, I own a VW and absolutely love German engineering.

If oil changes cost over $200, you could inquire if your warranty would be voided if you changed your own oil. Right now most dealers of new cars are going 7.5K and 10K between recommended oil changes. Mobil1 full synthetic is supposed to be good for 15K.

Our 2017 3-series included oil changes for four years, no additional cost. Note that the bumper to bumper warranty does NOT include brakes, which in our case, didn't last long.

I can't say enough good things about the car. It is fast, comfortable, economical, and we have had zero problems with anything after 50k miles plus.

As an added bonus, we drove over something that bounced up and destroyed something in the A/C system, and our service person talked BMW into covering it under warranty. $1,800.

Some of the YouTube guru's badmouth the cars because of all the plastic under the hood, but they are looking at ten year old cars and older. WTF do they expect?

One good car doesn't make me an expert, but my experience has been nothing but positive.

BMW's are such awesome cars. If money was no object, I'd probably choose a BMW, as it stands, I own a VW and absolutely love German engineering.

If oil changes cost over $200, you could inquire if your warranty would be voided if you changed your own oil. Right now most dealers of new cars are going 7.5K and 10K between recommended oil changes. Mobil1 full synthetic is supposed to be good for 15K.

I only have to get the oil changed every 10k, so that's fine. That will take me a year to drive the many miles. I basically work from home now. I only go to my office about once a month or so and when I have to head out to LA, San Diego, or Phoenix for work I rent a car.

So has the dealer told you how long the wait is? I know with the chip issues that brand new are being delayed, so I would hope for your sake that you're not having to wait too long.

Forum List

Back