I couldn't resist!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Found a SAR USA SAR9 online (Palmetto State Armory) on sale for $301and just could not pass it up!

The SAR9 is possibly the most tested sidearm on the planet with nothing but rave reviews everywhere you look. It's been said that if a Glock and a H&K had a baby it would be the SAR9. It has exceeded the reliability of a Glock with the ergonomics of an H&K.

SAR-9-right-profile.jpg

This is a full size pistol.

Found a SAR USA SAR9 online (Palmetto State Armory) on sale for $301and just could not pass it up!

The SAR9 is possibly the most tested sidearm on the planet with nothing but rave reviews everywhere you look. It's been said that if a Glock and a H&K had a baby it would be the SAR9. It has exceeded the reliability of a Glock with the ergonomics of an H&K.

SAR-9-right-profile.jpg

This is a full size pistol.

Great price.

Congrats.

guns are icky. you'll shoot yer eye out, kid. :auiqs.jpg:

Rifled or polygonal bore?
They say it's a Glock style barrel, matter of fact the upper is basically a beefed up Glock 17 with a H&K grip. Like the H&K grips it comes with interchangible side panels and backstrap, small, medium and large. I have no idea what the bore is but it shoots 9mm rounds.

They say it's a Glock style barrel, matter of fact the upper is basically a beefed up Glock 17 with a H&K grip. Like the H&K grips it comes with interchangible side panels and backstrap, small, medium and large. I have no idea what the bore is but it shoots 9mm rounds.

The only difference a polygonal-rifled barrel would make is if you handload. You can't shoot lead bullets in polygonal barrels like in a Glock. They lead up so badly that the pressures can reach dangerous levels, causing a kaboom.

Polymer-coated bullets are fine, though. I can run ACME 147 grain Hi-Tek coated bullets up around 1,200 fps in my G19, with no problem. But the ones I cast myself are only for standard rifled barrels.

The only difference a polygonal-rifled barrel would make is if you handload. You can't shoot lead bullets in polygonal barrels like in a Glock. They lead up so badly that the pressures can reach dangerous levels, causing a kaboom.

Polymer-coated bullets are fine, though. I can run ACME 147 grain Hi-Tek coated bullets up around 1,200 fps in my G19, with no problem. But the ones I cast myself are only for standard rifled barrels.

The reviews talk about shooting pretty much every kind of 9 mil ammo through them and other than one reviewer who had trouble with Freedom ammo in it all the different brands when through it fine.

The reviews talk about shooting pretty much every kind of 9 mil ammo through them and other than one reviewer who had trouble with Freedom ammo in it all the different brands when through it fine.

Ammunition manufacturer's try to load their ammo generically, so it's not only functional in any weapon, but is also safe. They pretty much stay withing SAAMI specs for cartridge overall lengths but sometimes there are variations in the gun manufacturer's chambers that cause them to balk at some brands of ammo.

Ammunition manufacturer's try to load their ammo generically, so it's not only functional in any weapon, but is also safe. They pretty much stay withing SAAMI specs for cartridge overall lengths but sometimes there are variations in the gun manufacturer's chambers that cause them to balk at some brands of ammo.

Welp, I'm not a hand loader and never will be, when I receive the gun I'll check the bore.

Welp, I'm not a hand loader and never will be, when I receive the gun I'll check the bore.

Probably doesn't matter much. You'll hardly ever come across any 9mm ammo with lead bullets. Everything is jacketed these days. Nice pistol though, good price too.

Right now I'm selling off some items, firearms and kits that I haven't touched in years to help pay for all these new purchases.

Dayam that was fast! Ordered it on Monday it arrived today. Found out the gun store I used as an FFL has one that would have been around the same price with the discount...... Live and learn. We also went through Kydex holsters and found the Smith & Wesson M&P 4" - 4.25" holster fits perfectly, unfortunately the extra mag case that comes with the holster is too big. Picked up that and 100 rounds of ammo.
It has traditional rifling.

Last edited:
I have some of those little round 1/8" thick self sticking felt pads. Put a couple on the inside, one side and the back of the mag holder, my mag now fits the holder perfectly.

Forum List

Back