Buy American Act

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Buy American Act was passed in 1933. The government has, for 90 years, been obliged to buy American goods and services whenever possible, and there is an entire government infrastructure in place to ensure that that is what happens, recognizing that it is not a simple matter, with global sourcing of components and materials, and the occasional attempts to get around the Act by shipping stuff to, for example, Mexico for final assembly.

How is Biden getting brownie points today for an EO that requires the U.S. Government to purchase American-made goods and services?

I worked for five years in DoD procurement, and I never saw one instance where a foreign-sourced product was purchased in lieu of a U.S. source. Every single time there was a waiver, it was fully justified by an actual lack of a U.S. source.

What is going on?

The Buy American Act was passed in 1933. The government has, for 90 years, been obliged to buy American goods and services whenever possible, and there is an entire government infrastructure in place to ensure that that is what happens, recognizing that it is not a simple matter, with global sourcing of components and materials, and the occasional attempts to get around the Act by shipping stuff to, for example, Mexico for final assembly.

How is Biden getting brownie points today for an EO that requires the U.S. Government to purchase American-made goods and services?

I worked for five years in DoD procurement, and I never saw one instance where a foreign-sourced product was purchased in lieu of a U.S. source. Every single time there was a waiver, it was fully justified by an actual lack of a U.S. source.

What is going on?
It just pisses me off, that every year, they always spend more, and never cut back, because they know that if they ever do, it could start a trend. So they will continue to increase the deficit because they will keep on increasing the size of government until we become Venezuela or the Old USSR..

This is all Joe Biden's and the Demoncrappers now..

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org)

What is going on?
Biden sold the VP position to the ChiComs

What is going on?
Biden sold the VP position to the ChiComs

And the press secretary position to Russia:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-11.46.58-PM-800x400.png

What is going on?

Well, the fact that Canada is very concerned and has voiced it, should tell you what you need to know. Somehow, or, in the light, it is not being followed to a T.

Places like Cali, NY and D.C probably have a host of Canadians lobbying for our interests with your tx dollars coming our way. You should hear how offended some are on CBC, and 1 hour after Biden was inaugurated, it was reported that multiple Canadian officials were on the phone trying to push for exemptions and more freedom for Canadian businesses and government to get these contracts.

The Buy American Act doesn't work if nothing is made here...

The Buy American Act does work. If the item is not available from a U.S. source, you can get a waiver.

But why is Biden claiming credit for something that has been on the books since 1933, and which President Trump focused on from the moment he was inaugurated.

Forum List

Back