Buttigieg seeks to unite church and state

Abortion is NOT a religious issue.

It is a made up issue cynically used by Republicans for decades now

Hypocrites have little standing to condemn others. Now if it's acceptable to elect someone that is a poor moral example, it's OK for others also so the point here is moot.

I truly wished, in 2016, that there was a plausible Presidential candidate to support, who was of better moral character than what was offered. As bad as Trump is, the alternative was a woman who has willfully, knowingly been an accessory to multiple instances of violent sexual abuse against women, perpetrated by the subhuman piece of shit to whom she is married, as well as many other acts of horrendous corruption and abuse of power.

Sometimes the devil you do not know (or at least not very well) is preferable to the devil that you do know.

I still wish that we had a President who would set a good moral example, but that just was not going to happen this time around. At least we got a rare example of a political leader who clearly is putting the interests of the nation that he was elected to lead above that of his own greed and desire for power.

And although he is not a good moral example himself, he is, at least, unlike the Democraps, not hostile to morality. He doesn't support the cold-blooded murder of innocent children, a most Democraps do, and he doesn't support forcing immoral and insane sexual perversions on decent society, as most Democraps do.

Yes, he's a flaming hypocrite, and that is a significant fault in him.

But I wonder if that's really as bad as we think it is.

Would you give credence to a drug addict, advising you not to do drugs? I don't know that this principle applies necessarily to Mr. Trump, but I think that sometimes, one who has fallen into bad behavior may actually be in a better position to wish to discourage others from making the same mistakes.

Trump supports the killing of thousands of innocent women and children all over the middle east. The taking of innocent life doesn't become OK once born.

The people who bring war upon themselves are entirely responsible for the deaths caused by that war. You probably like blaming the Israelis when one of your Hamas heroes hides behind them while launching rockets or sniping at Jewish civilians. They like surrounding their mortar and rocket pits with children expressedly to get them killed. They know sociopath freaks like yourself love seeing the pictures and using them to demand genocide against Israelis, just as one example.

Yes, it is... sorry.

Abortion is CLEARLY, MURDERING, the LIVING, UNBORN, CHILD, and in even the extreme DEMOCRAT beliefs, even AFTER the LIVING child is BORN... it's MURDER, period, end of story.

And every Christian knows, one of the Ten Commandments is... "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

You people repeat the same ASININE bull crap over and over, only to be slapped down, over and over, like the pathetic dumbasses you are.

What a flaming hypocrite! A pro-abortion sodomite knows NOTHING of Christianity.

Pete Buttigieg: I’ll Bring Christianity Back To The White House. But He’s Pro-Abortion

Where is abortion mentioned in the Bible?
Where did Jesus say- oh something like- 'don't get abortions'?

Oh right- abortion is not mentioned in the Bible.

But its always fun to see Christians claim other Christians are not Christian because those Christians don't believe in something that Jesus never said.
in that same vein, where in the Constitution is it stated you have a right to an abortion?

Where in the Bible does it forbid abortion?

Exodus 20:13

It's one of the Ten Commandments.

Fetuses aren't people. In fact, the bible treats the death of a fetus as something only worthy of a fine, if someone else caused it.

Exodus 21:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

You're full of shit. If they cause a premature birth but no harm was caused to the baby, then it goes to fines and judgement. Versus 23 states that if harm was done then it is a life for a life. You're too amoral and dope addled to recognize the facts, is all. The 'fetus' was indeed considered a life, tard.

What a flaming hypocrite! A pro-abortion sodomite knows NOTHING of Christianity.

Pete Buttigieg: I’ll Bring Christianity Back To The White House. But He’s Pro-Abortion

But its always fun to see Christians claim other Christians are not Christian because those Christians don't believe in something that Jesus never said.
in that same vein, where in the Constitution is it stated you have a right to an abortion?

Or a right for sicko mentally ill homosexual fetishist deviants to marry each other.

And every Christian knows, one of the Ten Commandments is... "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

And yet you favor capital punishment. You're unconcerned that Trump is kicking sick kids out of the country...who will die without the treatment they are getting here.

That's the lamest argument you could have found.And most hypocritical

And yet you favor capital punishment. You're unconcerned that Trump is kicking sick kids out of the country...who will die without the treatment they are getting here.

Find ANYWHERE on this board, ANYWHERE, in all the posts I've made in the last FIFTEEN YEARS, where I said...

"I'm in favor of capitol punishment."

Go ahead... I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression you just TALK OUT YOUR ASS and just MAKE SHIT UP about people willy nilly.

Maybe you personally don't favor capital punishment (it's the internet you cam claim anything you want) but the vast majority of anti-abortion "religious" types do.

And I don't see you saying anything about the kids that Trump is harming and killing ...nothing.

God commands that we punish murderers.

The correct translation by the way should be rendered "Thou Shalt Not Murder."

Capital Punishment is NOT Murder.

Abortion is Murder.

Abortion is Murder.
"Thou Shalt no Kill"

And again...those KIDS that died because of Trump's border policies trouble you not at all.

Oh...

Hypocrites have little standing to condemn others. Now if it's acceptable to elect someone that is a poor moral example, it's OK for others also so the point here is moot.

I truly wished, in 2016, that there was a plausible Presidential candidate to support, who was of better moral character than what was offered. As bad as Trump is, the alternative was a woman who has willfully, knowingly been an accessory to multiple instances of violent sexual abuse against women, perpetrated by the subhuman piece of shit to whom she is married, as well as many other acts of horrendous corruption and abuse of power.

Sometimes the devil you do not know (or at least not very well) is preferable to the devil that you do know.

I still wish that we had a President who would set a good moral example, but that just was not going to happen this time around. At least we got a rare example of a political leader who clearly is putting the interests of the nation that he was elected to lead above that of his own greed and desire for power.

And although he is not a good moral example himself, he is, at least, unlike the Democraps, not hostile to morality. He doesn't support the cold-blooded murder of innocent children, a most Democraps do, and he doesn't support forcing immoral and insane sexual perversions on decent society, as most Democraps do.

Yes, he's a flaming hypocrite, and that is a significant fault in him.

But I wonder if that's really as bad as we think it is.

Would you give credence to a drug addict, advising you not to do drugs? I don't know that this principle applies necessarily to Mr. Trump, but I think that sometimes, one who has fallen into bad behavior may actually be in a better position to wish to discourage others from making the same mistakes.

Trump supports the killing of thousands of innocent women and children all over the middle east. The taking of innocent life doesn't become OK once born.

The people who bring war upon themselves are entirely responsible for the deaths caused by that war. You probably like blaming the Israelis when one of your Hamas heroes hides behind them while launching rockets or sniping at Jewish civilians. They like surrounding their mortar and rocket pits with children expressedly to get them killed. They know sociopath freaks like yourself love seeing the pictures and using them to demand genocide against Israelis, just as one example.

The people of Syria did nothing to us. The people of Iraq did nothing to us.

What does the bible say about abortion? This is an article I posted on the USMB some time ago:

Many people disagree on what the Bible says. Even Christians have conflicting interpretations of various portions of Scripture including those passages which purportedly deal with abortion. I will begin by quoting those verses most often used by those who oppose abortion:

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book” (Psalms 139:13-16, NIV).

Those who oppose abortion claim the above verses prove God was aware of the child within the womb and was protective of its life. Those who support abortion say these verses are silent regarding abortion. The man speaking these words (supposedly, King David) was speaking only about his own personal experience. One interesting thought: if “all the days ordained for me were written in your book” applies to everyone within the womb, it must be true that death by abortion was somehow preordained.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV).

This is the same argument made in Psalms 139:13-16, NIV. However, abortion supporters argue that the speaker of these words, Jeremiah, was clearly talking only of his personal life experiences and does not address the issue of abortion. Jeremiah is only saying that God is omniscient and knew everything about his life even before he was conceived.

“If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe” (Exodus 21:22-25).

Abortion opponents say these words show killing a fetus warrants the death penalty. However, abortion advocates argue that the verses are commonly interpreted to address harm done to the wife not the fetus since the death of the fetus is assumed by the miscarriage. If the wife is unharmed, the offender will merely pay a fine; however if the woman is harmed, the same harm shall fall upon the offender. If the woman dies, the offender must also die. It is interesting that when abortion proponents use the same verse to show the fetus is not a person since the death of the fetus resulted in a mere fine, abortion opponents argue that the death referred to was accidental and has nothing to do with elective abortion.

Now I will offer some verses that many abortion advocates say support their position. Of course, these who oppose abortion will have their own interpretations of these verses.

“A man may have a hundred children and live many years; yet no matter how long he lives, if he cannot enjoy his prosperity and does not receive proper burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he. It comes without meaning, it departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded. Though it never saw the sun or knew anything, it has more rest than does that man— even if he lives a thousand years twice over but fails to enjoy his prosperity” (Ecclesiastes 6:3-6, NIV).

To some, these verses mean it is better for a man to have been born dead (or aborted) than to live an unfulfilled life. Others contend that the verses mean that it is better for such a man not to be conceived, thereby avoiding a discussion about the fetus. They also claim that the words simply show that a life not properly lived is wasted; the comparison to a stillborn child is merely illustrative and does not condone the taking the life of the unborn. Besides, they argue whether or not a man has lived a good life can only be determined after his life is over, not while he is in the womb.

I will offer one more example. A woman who is accused of adultery is forced to drink bitter water (holy water mixed with dust from the tabernacle floor). If she has been unfaithful, she is cursed and her child is miscarried (aborted). I have elected to quote from the NIV because the language is much clearer than the KJV.

“He [the priest] shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[e] offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children” (Numbers 5:24-28, NIV, highlights and explanatory insertion my own).

Abortion opponents would argue that this has nothing to do with elective abortion. The strangest thing about this test for a woman's fidelity is that it also has nothing to do with the identity of the child's father. The child is aborted even if her husband is the father. It appears that the abortion has one purpose and that is to assuage the jealousy of the husband; in other words, it is better to kill the fetus rather than having the husband think the child may not be his. I cannot explain this although I have given it much thought.

CONCLUSION: There are Christians who believe the Bible condemns abortion, but there are others, including other Christians, who believe it does not. Both sides quote the Scriptures to support their position. If you think that your interpretation of the scriptures is correct, fine. Just remember that others think just as strongly that their interpretation is right. Fight nice.

As for me, I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and have yet to find a single Biblical verse that specifically and unambiguously either supports or condemns abortion. The only such reference appears in the extra-Biblical Book of Barnabas:

“Thou shalt not destroy thy conceptions before they are brought forth; nor kill them after they are born” (XIV: 11).

The Lost Books of the Bible: The General Epistle of Barnabas

There's no debate on what that verse means; however, there is nothing within the pages of the Bible that addresses the issue so directly and so clearly.

Abortion is Murder.

I am pro-life but abortion is no more murder than capital punishment. Murder is a legal definition. Both are legal.

Nobody has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense.

Abortion is no where condemned in the Bible...in the Old Testament or the New Testament

And newsflash...if you are Christian...the New Testament is the more relevant

It has long puzzled me why abortion is treated as a religious or Christian issue.

Everyone ought to recognize the wrongness of needlessly killing innocent children in cold blood, and the obligation of society to protect these children. It's not about religion at all, really, but about the very most basic and essential principles of ethics and decency. Taking a human life is an extremely drastic act, which only ought to ever be tolerated under the most extreme and drastic of circumstances.

Jesus loved the children. He would hate the fact that a person could be so evil, to kill the defenseless. To take away a life before it could be born, for covience. Then actually bragging about it.

The people who bring war upon themselves are entirely responsible for the deaths caused by that war. You probably like blaming the Israelis when one of your Hamas heroes hides behind them while launching rockets or sniping at Jewish civilians. They like surrounding their mortar and rocket pits with children expressedly [sic] to get them killed. They know sociopath freaks like yourself love seeing the pictures and using them to demand genocide against Israelis, just as one example.

I'm not going to go that far in trying to justify war. I recognize war as nothing better than an unavoidable, and sometimes necessary evil.

Jesus loved the children. He would hate the fact that a person could be so evil, to kill the defenseless. To take away a life before it could be born, for covience. Then actually bragging about it.

How nice that he has you to speak for him huh?

Forum List

Back