But with the subject of tithing,...

If I weren't a mod, I'd put you on ignore, because you obviously have nothing worthwhile to say, only that I'm an idiot for pointing out your hypocrisy.

It matters not that you are a moderator. All that matters is that you accept Bibles that teach false doctrine and for this you will go to Hell. And considering your implied threat to censor me, I will no longer waste any time with you or your one-sided message board.

It matters not that you are a moderator. All that matters is that you accept Bibles that teach false doctrine and for this you will go to Hell. And considering your implied threat to censor me, I will no longer waste any time with you or your one-sided message board.

Wow, do you even know what it means for one user to put another user on ignore? It is the privelge of every member here to do so. No threat to censor was implied.

Indeed, Eightball. Check out this quote, from the translators of the 1611 KJV:

"Therefore as S. Augustine saith, that variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures: so diversity of signification and sense in the margin, where the text is not so clear, must need do good, yea, is necessary, as we are persuaded."

Two things that I get out of this:
1. Not even the translators of the 1611 KJV were "KJV-only."
2. The KJV translators were not 100% certain about the translation of each word.
Not that I have to convince you that KJV-only is wrong, but I thought you might be interested.

Excellent point......I stumbled upon that preface to the 1611 KJV that Flaja so conveniently overlooked. If Flaja had looked at his/her's own KJV He/She would have read actual statements of the "inspired" authors that they indeed didn't see their translation as exclusive to all others.

As you probably have observed, we are being shunned, now by Flaja...as we aren't teachable...... :) Oh, we've been so mean, and heartless. Flaja is the voice in the wilderness calling us all and we have flaunted and mocked that voice. I've seen this kind of self delusion in Christians personally, and it really grieves my heart, and I know that God must be grieved beyond comprehension.

It's just been a one-way discourse.......You, myself, and others never have gotten responses to our questions, but just continued deluges of this KJV verse v.s this other translation's verse.......See how the NASB and NIV have bastardized the Word of God?;)

Now Flaja kicks the perverbial dust off of his or her's sandals and goes on to another forum to do the same old stuff. I'm grieved, but in another way thankful, as this topic did force me to do some investigation into my faith, and did indeed solidify and strengthen it......So for that, I can thank Flaja. :angel:

Since you've undoubtedly left, I'm sure my repeated challenge to show where the NASB/NIV teach false doctrine will fall on deaf ears. However, since you were unable to prove that point (since it's a false claim), I won't lose any sleep over your presumptions regarding my salvation.

It's just been a one-way discourse.......You, myself, and others never have gotten responses to our questions, but just continued deluges of this KJV verse v.s this other translation's verse.......See how the NASB and NIV have bastardized the Word of God?;)

That's really the frustrating thing... there was no dialog, only a one-way condemnation because we didn't agree with his doctrines. Sad, really.

Flaja, if you're even listening anymore, may I ask you a question? By rigidly adhering the idea that the KJV is the only Bible and insulting those who don't immediately accept your word as fact, how many people have you saved? I even dare ask how many you've personaly led to Christ within your life. In what way have you advanced the kingdom of God? How are you obeying the Great Commission? Or are you just content to sit in your ivory tower, selfishly peering down upon the rest of the world, while coveting your own percieved salvation like a lonely, pathetic miser? Jesus never encouraged the legalism involved in the KJV only perspective. How can you call yourself Christian (Christ-like) when behaving like a Pharisee or Saducee?

To everyone else, I've met this kind of person before. They tell me that fantasy games are evil...except Narnia and Lord of the Rings. Yeah, those are safe, but Dungeons and Dragons is evil, because it promotes witchcraft. Well, by that same logic, Monopoly promotes usury, Clue promotes murder, and Risk promotes attempting to become the Antichrist. Doesn't matter, though, because rolling dice and talking nerdily about elves and magic will cause you to join a cult and kill people. They constantly need to validate the space they occupy by belittling everyone else. It's sad, really, because true salvation only comes when you realize that you're a waste of skin without Christ.

Translation: I've lost an argument so I'm taking my bat and ball and going home.

Forum List

Back