Business fleeing California

He is saying, oppressively hot weather won’t dissuade companies from leaving Cali due to tax policies, homeless, etc.
I agree, I actually really enjoy the weather in Texas. I wasn’t trying to make the point that The weather was going to dissuade anybody.

I agree. That party is far from perfect but the Democrats have moved so far left it’s almost impossible to vote for them.
Well let’s hope that either both parties see the light and make some major changes or that a relevant third-party and be a viable option In the future.

If everything is so great why did these companies leave and why is Newsom being recalled potentially?
They left because of high taxes, duh. Did you not read the article? That does not, however, spell California’s doom obviously. Those companies might also regret leaving California after spending some time in those other states.

They left because of high taxes, duh. Did you not read the article? That does not, however, spell California’s doom obviously. Those companies might also regret leaving California after spending some time in those other states.
Might or might not but these are well known and prominent companies. Correct? And why is Newsom being recalled if everything is so great?

Uh oh what? Did you even read what you linked to?

Recent poll results suggest that the effort to recall Governor Gavin Newsom is waning, with the polling average for the recall trailing by 12 percentage-points.
What did I say? I just Posted a poll. Let’s see what happens. I know you love all those homeless harassing people in Cali but many do not.

What did I say? I just Posted a poll. Let’s see what happens. I know you love all those homeless harassing people in Cali but many do not.
What did you say? You said “uh oh” as though a poll with Newsom leading by 12 points was bad. Bad for who? It is certainly bad for Republicans. Are you saying “uh oh” to yourself?

What did you say? You said “uh oh” as though a poll with Newsom leading by 12 points was bad. Bad for who? It is certainly bad for Republicans. Are you saying “uh oh” to yourself?
Is he really leading is the big question….you keep denying that many dislike his policies and hypocrisy

The recall is a charade. Newsome should be voted out next cycle which is how our system is designed to work. And no matter who gets in there is not a magic fix. Elder is a propagandist. We need a business man in there who actually knows economics and operations.
Like Newsom?

You mean a businessman like Trump? That lasted 5 minutes before the Establishment went at him 24/7. Newsom is clearly funded by quite a few heavy hitters obviously, even as California is looking more and more like Canada.

Here is one way to look at this, if Elder is elected, he can also be voted out, as it is supposed to work.
Newsom is OWNED by the state workers unions. The parasite that FEEDS on taxpayers.

"If everything is so great why did these companies leave..."

I've read screechings about 9 of the last 2 California recessions/depressions.

My bride and I lived in California--- Sacramento, Frisco, and Fresno for years. I worked all over the state, tho not a whole lot north of, say, Lake County. . But worked in all counties south of that.

It was --and is----a favorite station for both of us as we climbed our respective corporate ladders.

I recall vividly the same kind of hysterical caterwauling that California is gonna be an empty shell as so many people are moving out.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Give me a friggin' break. I heard all that nonsense 40year ago. And heard it almost every year since.

So count me skeptical that the last person to leave California is even alive today.

I've read screechings about 9 of the last 2 California recessions/depressions.

My bride and I lived in California--- Sacramento, Frisco, and Fresno for years. I worked all over the state, tho not a whole lot north of, say, Lake County. . But worked in all counties south of that.

It was --and is----a favorite station for both of us as we climbed our respective corporate ladders.

I recall vividly the same kind of hysterical caterwauling that California is gonna be an empty shell as so many people are moving out.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Give me a friggin' break. I heard all that nonsense 40year ago. And heard it almost every year since.

So count me skeptical that the last person to leave California is even alive today.
Then why did these prominent companies leave? Tesla, Oracle, Schwab?

These aren’t just some unknown businesses. How about Tesla? Anyone heard of them? Building a $1.1bn factory in Austin TX. Musk the third richest man in the world moved to TX from Cali himself.

Ever hear of Charles Schwab? Likewise moving to Texas. They cite unreasonable tax climate. That sucks, eh?

Guess who else is moving to Austin, TX. Oracle. Wow, that’s a well known name. The founder and billionaire Larry Ellison has also left California

Hewlett-Packard or HP…leaving Cali for Houston, TX. Oh oh….stating that TX offers the best business climate in the nation.

Meanwhile VP Harris is campaigning for the governor due to the potential recall. You cannot make this stuff up.

This exodus has led California to lose $24.6bn in AGI. Maybe it’s time to turn California red and see how that goes?

Not to worry. All California has to do to get their tax revenue back is to tax the remaining people more.

Forum List

Back