Bush panders to New Orleans audience

gabosaurus

Feb 27, 2007
San Francisco
Of course, the Rude Pundit sees through his crockobull.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

What pathology impels President George W. Bush to joke about being stupid, an alcoholic, and a stupid alcoholic? While he does it under the bullshit guise of self-deprecation, he makes remarks so often, one must be tempted to believe he desperately misses the sauce. And as for the stupid part? Well, there's a difference between self-effacing and self-obvious.

Here's Bush speaking at a charter school in New Orleans yesterday: "Those are the two things I was good at at school-- eating and playing. (Laughter)...Sorry Laura is not here. She and I, by the way, spent some of our youth here in New Orleans. I really don't want to go into all the details of -- (laughter) -- but we know something about the town...I was talking to the Mayor about Mardi Gras, a subject I know a little bit about -- I remember most of them. (Laughter.)" Oh, god, yes, the laughter at how the President used to black out from his binge drinking.

Bush went to New Orleans "to remind people that the federal government still knows you exist, still knows you have issues, and wants to work with your leadership to address those issues." But most of the goddamn time, all Bush talked about was what he's done for the ungrateful fucks in Louisiana, who now have the audacity to ask for relief from needing to provide matching grants for federal recovery funds. Don't they get what George W. Bush has already done for them?

yeah... heaven forbid the President make a joke at himself. Using humor is such an evil tool.

And expecting people you know to actually support themselves is so evil as well. I mean completely ignore the fact that the American people have already given millions in aid. Completely ignore the fact that people have given their time and money to help these people who have been suffering. No we can't actually have the people there be responsible for supporting themselves. That's waaaaaaay tooo much to ask for.

And expecting people you know to actually support themselves is so evil as well. I mean completely ignore the fact that the American people have already given millions in aid. Completely ignore the fact that people have given their time and money to help these people who have been suffering. No we can't actually have the people there be responsible for supporting themselves. That's waaaaaaay tooo much to ask for.

You really, honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You really, honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

And "really, "honestly", WHAT are YOU talking about?

As to the thread starter by gabosaurus, would it be better if the President DIDN'T go to New Orleans?

Even doing the right thing is the wrong thing for you people.:eusa_naughty:

Forum List

Back