Burning American Flag....

What Are Your Thoughts On Burning the American Flag?

• Unacceptable

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Acceptable as a form of Freedom of Speech (Expression)

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
unacceptable or acceptable as "freedom of speech"?

I don't really care. Not into fetishism so............ whatever.
Burn it, don't burn it, raise it, lower it, salute it, ignore it.... give me a reason to give a flying fart.

Last edited:
Well, if there is a first amendment right for a private citizen to burn the flag, then reason requires that there is a first amendment right for a private citizen to kick the hell out of those burning the American Flag.

Of course, if there is NOT a right for a private citizen to kick the hell of someone burning the flag, then there can't be a right to burn the flag.

Ya see, 'Individual Rights' come with individual responsibilities, that sustain those rights. If there are no consequences born of responsibility for burning the flag, then there is no potential for such a right.

Well, if there is a first amendment right for a private citizen to burn the flag, then reason requires that there is a first amendment right for a private citizen to kick the hell out of those burning the American Flag.

Of course, if there is NOT a right for a private citizen to kick the hell of someone burning the flag, then there can't be a right to burn the flag.

Ya see, 'Individual Rights' come with individual responsibilities, that sustain those rights. If there are no consequences born of responsibility for burning the flag, then there is no potential for such a right.

I'm sure you imagine you made a logical point here, and A for effort but..... doesn't work.

You see, assault, whether a flag's involved or not, is still a crime. The flag-burner in your scenario is assaulting nobody.

If the Libs don't like the flag, there's an easy solution...

Leave, where you won't be offended... We won't stop you.

It's not something I would do but it's a 1st Amendment right. If someone chooses to attack anybody for expressing their rights then that would be assault. I guess there is at least a couple of retards who don't get that.

Wouldn't do it personally and the people that do are fools but it is a freedom of speech issue. The surest way for me to ignore your cause is to burn a flag.

It's not something I would do but it's a 1st Amendment right. If someone chooses to attack anybody for expressing their rights then that would be assault. I guess there is at least a couple of retards who don't get that.

Actually the two goons here advocating that course, kind of demonstrate why this kind of fetishism is dangerous medicine. Stirs up the shit-stirrers.

Edit: sorry Obi, didn't see you there. Three goons.

Actually the two goons here advocating that kind of demonstrate why this kind of fetishism is dangerous medicine. Stirs up the shit-stirrers.

The shit-stirrers make flag burning an effective tool. The shit-stirrers are swimming in the poop soup they served for themselves.

Why burn a flag? Surely a flag does not emit sufficient light or heat. Burning a flag is nothing other than political speech.

Remember, all you who would summarily attack a flag burner, there is no right to attack anyone without cause, and your offense at flag burning is insufficient cause.

And remember too that protected rights are often unpopular. The popular expressions of rights don't require protection as much as unpopular expressions of rights.

Forum List

Back