Buffalo Snowfall: When Did We Lose Ability to Take Care of Ourselves?

Every extreme situation highlights existing problems and weak places. And though I feel for the people suffering from this enormous snowfall, I can’t but notice that we have some real problems.

I was surprised to know that some people died of cardiac issues while cleaning their cars from snow. This is terrible, but… what was the state of their health if such kind of physical activity causes such consequences? I mean, that is signal of real problems with national health…

Then, there are people trapped in their houses. They can’t get out because the snow is door high. I understand they may not have shovels, but… I remember my grandma telling me about such snowfalls. They were regular for the area she lived in, and grandpa just got out through the window in the attic and cleared the way. I keep asking myself why people have problems with that now… I mean, three adult persons are sitting at home hoping to be saved. Why aren’t they doing anything themselves?

Or the story of the guy who died in his car… He got stuck in it because it was covered with more than a foot of snow. How much does it take for the snow to form such height? What was he waiting for?

Or, I know, he waited for help because the authorities are asking people who are stuck in vehicles to remain in their vehicles until they are rescued. But… if the help isn’t coming for two hours and more? Would you wait any longer? I wouldn’t, I would walk to the nearest place with people to wait there, and hell with the car. Life is more precious.

Once again, I feel for the people who died during the snowstorm, but I seems like we have turned into a bunch of children waiting for someone to come and save us, not ready to take some action and responsibility for our own lives. We have become either stupid or helpless…

What would you do if the snow covered the door and blocked the entrance?

Until you actually live through one of these storms, you have no clue. Try shoveling out of six feet of snow. It ain't easy.

wintry_weather.jpeg-06cb1.jpg

5886901_G.jpg

lake-effect-buffalo-west-new-york-polar-vortex-pictures-photos-8.jpg

See, the biggest problem is where do you put all of the snow? Sure you can shovel it, but where are you going to put it?

Nature used to weed these types out on a regular basis but modern living has minimized the impact and they've bred quite freely. I don't know if our ancestors would have laughed or cried.
Another case of lack of humanity. I bet if it were your grandparents who had no choice but to shovel themselves out, you would be whistling a different tune, you disgusting fuckwad. Carry on.
...and nature used to weed assholes like you out too. Your type had very limited lifespans. We weren't discussing those who are disabled or incapable,we were discussing retards like you.
You don't even know me, and you write stupid shit like that. Must suck to be you.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Every extreme situation highlights existing problems and weak places. And though I feel for the people suffering from this enormous snowfall, I can’t but notice that we have some real problems.

I was surprised to know that some people died of cardiac issues while cleaning their cars from snow. This is terrible, but… what was the state of their health if such kind of physical activity causes such consequences? I mean, that is signal of real problems with national health…

Then, there are people trapped in their houses. They can’t get out because the snow is door high. I understand they may not have shovels, but… I remember my grandma telling me about such snowfalls. They were regular for the area she lived in, and grandpa just got out through the window in the attic and cleared the way. I keep asking myself why people have problems with that now… I mean, three adult persons are sitting at home hoping to be saved. Why aren’t they doing anything themselves?

Or the story of the guy who died in his car… He got stuck in it because it was covered with more than a foot of snow. How much does it take for the snow to form such height? What was he waiting for?

Or, I know, he waited for help because the authorities are asking people who are stuck in vehicles to remain in their vehicles until they are rescued. But… if the help isn’t coming for two hours and more? Would you wait any longer? I wouldn’t, I would walk to the nearest place with people to wait there, and hell with the car. Life is more precious.

Once again, I feel for the people who died during the snowstorm, but I seems like we have turned into a bunch of children waiting for someone to come and save us, not ready to take some action and responsibility for our own lives. We have become either stupid or helpless…

What would you do if the snow covered the door and blocked the entrance?

Until you actually live through one of these storms, you have no clue. Try shoveling out of six feet of snow. It ain't easy.

wintry_weather.jpeg-06cb1.jpg

5886901_G.jpg

lake-effect-buffalo-west-new-york-polar-vortex-pictures-photos-8.jpg

See, the biggest problem is where do you put all of the snow? Sure you can shovel it, but where are you going to put it?
just try put it to the sides, left and right)

Hey, guys, what are you talking about? To die of snow? 6 ft. of snow is nothing, you just need to keep up on it. You don`t need to shovel whole your yard, usually just the path to the front door and maybe your driveway. Yes its a hard and I know that our society embraces its laziness but those who actually get up off the couch to deal with it will find that it is not such a big problem if handle correctly. When did we become so helpless and weak??? WTF?

What I don't understand is- why people try to travel in those conditions. All they do is get stuck out on the road for hours or have to abandon their vehicles. Why don't they just stay home?

Hey, guys, what are you talking about? To die of snow? 6 ft. of snow is nothing, you just need to keep up on it. You don`t need to shovel whole your yard, usually just the path to the front door and maybe your driveway. Yes its a hard and I know that our society embraces its laziness but those who actually get up off the couch to deal with it will find that it is not such a big problem if handle correctly. When did we become so helpless and weak??? WTF?

The problem was not shoveling six feet of snow but where are you going to shovel to? If you reach the road, it is not plowed either
During the initial phases of a massive blizzard there is little you can do to free yourself. Even if you shovel, drifts and new storms will wipe out what you do

Last edited:

and I would bet you are one of those fat fucks who has never gotten off the couch to shovel one foot of snow, much less 6 feet or more. And we are talking about mostly elderly people here, you stupid, pathetic RWNJ fuckbag.

The problem was not shovling six feet of snow but where are you going to shovel to? If you reach the road, it is not plowed either
During the initial phases of a massive blizzard there is little you can do to free yourself. Even if you shovel, drifts and new storms will wipe out what you do
And so what? Simply go outside every 2 hrs and repeat the action
People throughout the world do this

and I would bet you are one of those fat fucks who has never gotten off the couch to shovel one foot of snow, much less 6 feet or more. And we are talking about mostly elderly people here, you stupid, pathetic RWNJ fuckbag.
What do you even fakken know about me and my experience? If I write that this is not so difficult, ity means I know it!

The problem was not shovling six feet of snow but where are you going to shovel to? If you reach the road, it is not plowed either

You think people in Buffalo don't know how to shovel snow?

According the recent event they really don`t know what to do in such a situation

Well, according to meteorological history, we have never recorded a snowfall of 100 inches in one place in such a short time. We have had snowfalls exceeding 100 inches, but over a much longer time-frame, not just 96 hours.

Old people trying to shovel through 100 inches of snow may just have some heart problems.

So, it's not a preparedness or dependency. It's a matter of 100 inches of snow within less than 96 hours and any asshole who wants to try to make something political out of a snowstorm is completely off his rocker.

And to the second asshole here, Global Warming is a SUB-RUBRIK under CLIMATE CHANGE, which also means that not only do the summers get hotter, but rather, the winters can get decisively colder, earlier and with far more precipitation. Reason: the melting of the polar caps, which causes way too much fresh water to collide with existing salt water in the ocean, the mixing of which generates heat, which in turn generates what is called EL NINO, a scientifically proven and now historically recorded and followed event. Time to pull your head out of your fucking ass and realize that climate change means more than just one thing. Whether or not this is all man-made, natural or likely a combo of the two, no one can say with certainty. But to also use a town's misery to make a political point once again shows assholism of the highest degree.

It's hard to pinpoint when and where Righties lost their humanity, but it's now pretty obvious, even to the blind, with fucked up threads like this one, that they have lost their humanity.

Oh, and asshole no. 1: go shovel 100 inches of snow for about an hour and let us know how your heart is doing before you accuse people of being weak and dependent. That is, of course, assuming that you can get your fat ass away from the computer, chips and pop to do it.

Humanity? It's not the righties that fight against clean nuclear energy

A win win for all. Plenty of energy and a smaller carbon footprint. See France v. Germany in terms of that footprint.

Good lord, keep looking the gift horse in the mouth

According the recent event they really don`t know what to do in such a situation

Seven feet of snow in three days?

Do you have a clue what you are "supposed" to do in that situation?

I have been in VT when they got a little over 5' of snow. The problem is where to throw the snow. If you are young, and in decent physical shape, you can throw the shovel full of snow to the left and the right. But 6' or 7' becomes a different matter.

And according to the recent event, a handful of idiots did stupid things.

What do you even fakken know about me and my experience? If I write that this is not so difficult, ity means I know it!

New York is not a former Confederate state. And you think that the residents of Buffalo don't know how to shovel snow? With every sentence you write, you, rookie, make yourself look more and more stupid. Obviously you have never seen 100 inches of snow pile up within 96 hours and you obviously have no idea how heavy wet snow is. You also obviously have no idea that it gets sequentially harder the higher it piles up. In short, you don't know shit about snow, rookie, nor do you give a shit about elderly people, who are the ones who often suffer heart attacks by shovelling snow during inclement weather. It's not about laziness at all.

I see you will fit right in with the rabid inhumane Righties here in USMB, you are just as fucked up as they are.

Welcome to USMB.

Last edited:
Well, according to meteorological history, we have never recorded a snowfall of 100 inches in one place in such a short time. We have had snowfalls exceeding 100 inches, but over a much longer time-frame, not just 96 hours.

Old people trying to shovel through 100 inches of snow may just have some heart problems.

So, it's not a preparedness or dependency. It's a matter of 100 inches of snow within less than 96 hours and any asshole who wants to try to make something political out of a snowstorm is completely off his rocker.

And to the second asshole here, Global Warming is a SUB-RUBRIK under CLIMATE CHANGE, which also means that not only do the summers get hotter, but rather, the winters can get decisively colder, earlier and with far more precipitation. Reason: the melting of the polar caps, which causes way too much fresh water to collide with existing salt water in the ocean, the mixing of which generates heat, which in turn generates what is called EL NINO, a scientifically proven and now historically recorded and followed event. Time to pull your head out of your fucking ass and realize that climate change means more than just one thing. Whether or not this is all man-made, natural or likely a combo of the two, no one can say with certainty. But to also use a town's misery to make a political point once again shows assholism of the highest degree.

It's hard to pinpoint when and where Righties lost their humanity, but it's now pretty obvious, even to the blind, with fucked up threads like this one, that they have lost their humanity.

Oh, and asshole no. 1: go shovel 100 inches of snow for about an hour and let us know how your heart is doing before you accuse people of being weak and dependent. That is, of course, assuming that you can get your fat ass away from the computer, chips and pop to do it.

Humanity? It's not the righties that fight against clean nuclear energy

A win win for all. Plenty of energy and a smaller carbon footprint. See France v. Germany in terms of that footprint.

Good lord, keep looking the gift horse in the mouth

Uh, whoever said that I am personally against clean nuclear energy? Hmmmm?

Seven feet of snow in three days?

Do you have a clue what you are "supposed" to do in that situation?

No, he doesn't. He's just a new RWNJ talking parrot, no less and no more.

I shoveled snow in the Serengeti just the other day, what is it with these pansies?

Forum List

Back