Allianz Global, how to lose money?

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Anyone heard of Allianz Global?

Well, my Dad died 10 years ago and mother inherited everything. Then she died early last year, and so myself and my brother wound up her estate and distributed the monies out.

But in November last year, an Allianz Global statement for my Dad landed in the post with a massive 14p balance.

Long story short, just phoned them today and explained the passing of both parents and nothing will happen to the 14p, just put it in the charity tin. They said that unless I write, they will just keep posting statements to a point they will close the account. Am I gonna waste over a quid on postage? I don't think so.

So, they're gonna spend postage and letters over 14p that nothing is ever gonna happen with, to an address that was sold to new owners. And this is a global investment company 🤔

I offered to email them, but they won't supply an email address.

Conclusion - Just shredded the statement and left them to waste money over 14p.

Last edited:
Anyone heard of Allianz Global?

Well, my Dad died 10 years ago and mother inherited everything. Then she died early last year, and so myself and my brother wound up her estate and distributed the monies out.

But in November last year, an Allianz Global statement for my Dad landed in the post with a massive 14p balance.

Long story short, just phoned them today and explained the passing of both parents and nothing will happen to the 14p, just put it in the charity tin. They said that unless I write, they will just keep posting statements to a point they will close the account. Am I gona waste over a quid on postage? I don't think so.

So, they're gonna spend postage and letters over 14p that nothing is ever gonna happen with, to an address that was sold to new owners. And this is a global investment company 🤔

I offered to email them, but they won't supply an email address.

Conclusion - Just shredded the statement and left them to waste money over 14p.
/----/ Sorry, I don't speak British. Can you translate it to American? TIA

Forum List

Back