Buffalo Snowfall: When Did We Lose Ability to Take Care of Ourselves?

Lighten up. This is an EXTRAORDINARY event. NOBODY - no SOCIETY - can be prepared for it.

I'm in excellent condition and I guarantee you that shoveling even 12" of snow is extremely challenging even if you are being careful.

And just like the tsunami that follows the earthquake, the worst is yet to come in Buffalo. They are expecting a serious thaw and rain on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. There will be hundreds of collapsed roofs - mainly on commercial buildings (malls?), but also on residentials. Downed power lines, flooded basements, the works.

The only good thing is that this will bring support and cooperation from people and governments from a wide geographical area. Other states are sending in snow removal equipment, human support, and subsistence supplies.

This is worse than the "hundred year flood" by far.

And a Dope Slap to the asshole above who blamed this on "climate change." Fucking Democrat idiocy.

Give me a fuckin break it is 5 feet of snow, you are telling me Buffalo can't cope, and again climate change is bull shit so FU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an epic snow storm of historical proportions. The people of Buffalo are handling it just fine, but many people were caught in a storm that piled up feet of snow in a short amount of time. The focus is on preventing deaths of people who where or are unprepared for so much snow falling and piling up so quickly.
Denying weather changes, whether man made or natural is just stupid political posturing.

Just to give the clueless some idea of what people in Buffalo are dealing with.......

houses-covered-in-snow-in-western-new-york.jpg

I have no idea where these guys think they are going........

blizzard-of-77-2-getty.jpg

snow-lancaster-nov18b.jpg

Buffalo-Snow-2014-Cover.jpg

Still missing the point ain'tcha, not surprising.........
It was the point, asshole.
It was your and the OPs myopic, generalized (mostly incorrect) point that was a failed attempt at a sociopolitical commentary, I get that.
Here's a hint, try broadening your view to include reality...... if you can, though I very much doubt it. :thup:

The OP is a childs view of how to respond to an emergency

If you can't get through a door, why don't you just go out a window?
If you are trapped in your car, why don't you just walk to someones house?

Still missing the point ain'tcha, not surprising.........
It was the point, asshole.
It was your and the OPs myopic, generalized (mostly incorrect) point that was a failed attempt at a sociopolitical commentary, I get that.
Here's a hint, try broadening your view to include reality...... if you can, though I very much doubt it. :thup:

The OP is a childs view of how to respond to an emergency

If you can't get through a door, why don't you just go out a window?
If you are trapped in your car, why don't you just walk to someones house?
"Well, we made it out and reached Bobs house..... I think..... Start digging, hopefully we'll find it.........."

Make sure I had adequate supplies in the house for a few days.

Since Hurricane Sandy closed off our cul-de-sac for three days and left us without electricity for seven, I have a basement full of dry food, batteries, lanterns, firewood, water, flashlights, two generators and my favorite thing: a miner's headlight so my hands are free.

As someone who works for an electric utility company, please tell me that you have had those generators prepped and/or wired by a licensed electrician with the proper switches and protective devices. If not, they may end up causing you more problems than they solve.

Try growing up.

someone who works for an electric utility company, please tell me that you have had those generators prepped and/or wired by a licensed electrician with the proper switches and protective devices. If not, they may end up causing you more problems than they solve.
Not to mention, possibly killing a linesman if it backfeeds the service.

"Okay, we found Bobs house, let's start digging to Joes Bar." 10 hours later:
"Damn, we should have found the bar by now. Where are we?
Hey, I just found a sign!
What does it say?
Hang on let me dig it out......

It says, Welcome to Canada.........."

Not to mention, possibly killing a linesman if it backfeeds the service.

Exactly. That's why those disconnects and other switches are required. The only thing a llineman likes less than driving into a supposedly "de-energized" development and seeing one house with power is driving into that development and finding TWO houses, side by side, with power. It generally means he's in for a huge problem.

Forum List

Back