Brown's stepfather say's he's sorry

I totally disagree with the riots and I don't think the police were wrong to shoot this kid. However, I do NOT blame the parents for their grief and anger. I would think there was something the matter with them if they weren't angry and grieving. That is totally NORMAL for people who have lost a child.
tell that to the innocent business owners who were not involved in any of it and yet paid the ultimate business death. And oh by the way, after the statement was made. It's inciting plain and simple. it's amazing to me the lack of accountability you all hold toward this guy. Facts, did he say it, and did it happen.

yes and yes. Charge him. Somewhere this needs to stop and it doesn't stop if excuses are always used to forgive. Nope, sorry pal.

I totally disagree with the riots and I don't think the police were wrong to shoot this kid. However, I do NOT blame the parents for their grief and anger. I would think there was something the matter with them if they weren't angry and grieving. That is totally NORMAL for people who have lost a child.
tell that to the innocent business owners who were not involved in any of it and yet paid the ultimate business death. And oh by the way, after the statement was made. It's inciting plain and simple. it's amazing to me the lack of accountability you all hold toward this guy. Facts, did he say it, and did it happen.

yes and yes. Charge him. Somewhere this needs to stop and it doesn't stop if excuses are always used to forgive. Nope, sorry pal.

What are you "sorry" about, "pal?"

Also, if he was actually a grieving parent, I wouldn't hold his words against him. That's MY opinion. I don't care if any of you don't like it.

Last edited:
Charge him with what? Inciting a riot? I don't know how I feel about "charging" people for saying words.
As I said, if he and his family were informed of the verdict prior to the public announcement, charge him with inciting a riot.

If that was the case, they decided to go out into public, and react as they did. This includes any Missouri calls to the family lawyer (reverend?) week then contacted the family. Anyone else find it strange they were standing above the crowd?

Again, why weren't they told of the decision beforehand? If they were, why act like you heard it for the first time then?

Are you kidding me? Are you trying to make this sound as if it's some kind of conspiracy theory rather than a couple of parents who are devastated that they lost their son? Good God! Regardless of what you think of them, they are human beings who lost a child. People who are in excruciating pain will speak without thinking first. That is a fact.
For starters, Head was only Browns stepfather for one month, the boy and his siblings were reared around btwn mom and biological dad....who did actually call for peace and no violence.

I'm not taking away from his claim of grief, but I'm also not giving his piss poor behavior a pass because of it either. At best he is a violent moron, at worst he saw the opportunity to be the big man on campus and it may have just bit him in the butt.

Oh well, my mistake, I thought he had been in the boy's life for a while. :dunno:

Anyways, I'm quite sure those people would have rioted regardless of any statements the parents made. There have also been instances in the past where the parents have asked for people NOT to riot, and they've done so anyways.

I'm still wondering what people would charge him with?

Please see post #22, this thread.

Yes, I was only commenting on the OP's post. I hadn't read many other posts yet.

Was the family informed of the verdict before hand? If so, as is custom, charge him and his family. Bar any monetary settlement from reaching them until all businesses have been reimbursed for damages. Send the irs after them over the Tshirts.

If they weren't informed, make this asshole sweat at a minimum.

Charge him with what? Inciting a riot? I don't know how I feel about "charging" people for saying words.
What about, "Im going to kill your children"? Words matter.

Was the family informed of the verdict before hand? If so, as is custom, charge him and his family. Bar any monetary settlement from reaching them until all businesses have been reimbursed for damages. Send the irs after them over the Tshirts.

I stated my opinion. No one says you have to like it. If he was the kid's father, no, I would not hold his words against him at such a time. Come to find out, he isn't really the kid's father, which I've already acknowledged here in this thread.

Look, with Holder hanging on as AG and the climate in Ferguson, the guy isn't going to be charged. Should he be? I think so but it won't happen so how about we just let it go.

Look, with Holder hanging on as AG and the climate in Ferguson, the guy isn't going to be charged. Should he be? I think so but it won't happen so how about we just let it go.

I will. I made a mistake and thought that he was more involved in the boy's life is all. :) Since he isn't, then I would agree that maybe he should be charged with something. Like you say though, he probably won't, and I don't know that those rioters wouldn't have done this regardless. I don't think they really care about the person involved and that they just want an excuse to go out and loot and ruin things.

You felt compassion for a man you thought had lost a son....perfectly normal. So the guy wasn't his father and is a gang banger and ex-con....you accepted that and changed your opinion.....anybody who can't handle that can take it up with me.
boxer.gif

Nope. It doesn't bring back the days that the kids were out of school. It doesn't somehow erase the weeks before and after financial harm to businesses in the neighborhood. It doesn't somehow make the next few months of those that lost their jobs easier.

It did not somehow make it easier for people to get to the grocery store.

I understand grief. I refuse to have compassion for causing that type of senseless destruction or loss to others for a superficial drama queen spotlight.
What grief?

He wasn't any "stepfather".

He probably never saw that kid more than a few times.

Grieving stepfather, shit, what else will they expect people to believe?

:rolleyes-41: That would be the superficial drama queen spotlight.

I stated my opinion. No one says you have to like it. If he was the kid's father, no, I would not hold his words against him at such a time. Come to find out, he isn't really the kid's father, which I've already acknowledged here in this thread.
You avoided my question entirely. You said "i dont know how i feel about charging people for saying words". I presented a hypothetical situation that obviously put a monkey wrench in your position, which is probably why you avoided my question. The proper response would have been "well, i guess you have a point there", but for some reason no one ever wants to admit they were wrong. The price for that cowardice is your integrity though.

Translation: He's sorry his "Burn This Bitch Down !" found it's way on video.

Stepfather apologizes for remarks during Missouri protest

The stepfather of a black teenager who was gunned down by a Missouri police officer apologized on Wednesday for his emotional comments during fiery protests last week, but said he did not cause the rioting.
Louis Head said his emotions "got the best of me" during protests against a grand jury's decision not to indict white Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson for killing 18-year-old Michael Brown on Aug. 9 in the St. Louis suburb.
Head was caught on video comforting Brown's mother after the Nov. 24 decision, and then turning to a crowd of protesters and screaming repeatedly: "Burn this bitch down."

Something came over me as I watched and listened to my wife, the mother of Michael Brown, Jr., react to the gut-wrenching news that the cop who killed her son wouldn't be charged with a crime," Head said in a statement obtained by Reuters. The statement was first reported by CNN and NBC.
On Tuesday, St. Louis County police said they were investigating who was responsible for setting fires, looting and destroying property during the demonstrations and named Head as a person of interest.
The findings will be presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, police said.
Head, in his statement, said he was "angry and full of raw emotions, as so many others were."

MORE: Stepfather apologizes for remarks during Missouri protest - Yahoo News

He doesn't need to apologize to us, but he'd better go talk to his neighbors --- you know, the ones who lost their life's work when they 'burned the bitch down'.

It's interesting that, lost in the supposed emotional collapse of Michael Brown's stepfather, is the fact that he isn't even Brown's stepfather, at all --- he married Brown's mother less than a month before the shooting.

Hard to believe that there was that deep an emotional bond between the two in less than a month .....

It's interesting that, lost in the supposed emotional collapse of Michael Brown's stepfather, is the fact that he isn't even Brown's stepfather, at all --- he married Brown's mother less than a month before the shooting.

Hard to believe that there was that deep an emotional bond between the two in less than a month .....
Crump the Black ambulance chaser told Head and the old lady there was a good chance there could be some cash coming their way.
But that was on the condition the GJ ruled to charge Wilson of something.....anything.
Then when the GJ said no way Wilson was quilty any anything THAT's when the fact that no money was headed 'Head's' way made Head loose his head. Do you all see where I'm headed? HA HA
Fucking gang-banger loser Tree Dwelling scumbags.
No bucks for Head's new gold 'grille'. No more wacko hair cuts for the old lady. The Tree Dwellers burned down the hair salon) No more 'nail-jobs. No Sweet fuck all.
Couldn't happen to nicer people.

Forum List

Back