'Bronx Brewery' creates 'Defund The Police' beer

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Not that I will ever be stepping foot in NYC again anyway, but if I somehow lost my sanity and decided to visit the shithole, this place I'll be avoiding.

The Bronx Brewery
Yesterday at 8:03 AM ·
We stand with protesters' calls to Defund The Police. In July, we will brew a beer with that name, with $1,000 pledged to support Communities United For Police Reform. Find more info in bio. #BlackLivesMatter
The statistics are staggering. And impossible to ignore.
Black men and boys are 2.5 times more likely to be killed in an encounter with the police than white men and boys.
... See More
No photo description available.
The Bronx Brewery plans to release a new beer next month called "Defund the Police."

The announcement drew quick backlash, with some people vowing to never be patrons of the brewery ever again. Others praised the bold move.

The Bronx Brewery says it is a place of inclusivity, community and creativity. So, with the movement taking hold worldwide, they knew they had to start having certain conversations.

Not that I will ever be stepping foot in NYC again anyway, but if I somehow lost my sanity and decided to visit the shithole, this place I'll be avoiding.

The Bronx Brewery
We stand with protesters' calls to Defund The Police. In July, we will brew a beer with that name, with $1,000 pledged to support Communities United For Police Reform. Find more info in bio. #BlackLivesMatter
Black men and boys are 2.5 times more likely to be killed in an encounter with the police than white men and boys.
... See More
The Bronx Brewery plans to release a new beer next month called "Defund the Police."

The announcement drew quick backlash, with some people vowing to never be patrons of the brewery ever again. Others praised the bold move.

The Bronx Brewery says it is a place of inclusivity, community and creativity. So, with the movement taking hold worldwide, they knew they had to start having certain conversations.

Idiots.

The Bronx Brewery
... See More

Damn. It's not on their website. I want to order a case.

5ee0fa47c2bf3.jpeg

The Bronx Brewery
... See More

Businesses should stay out of politics for the most part. Maybe it will work...maybe it won't...

The Bronx Brewery
... See More

Businesses should stay out of politics for the most part. Maybe it will work...maybe it won't...

I am so vastly tired of every single company I do business with feeling the need to virtue-signal at me. How about they just shut the fuck up and sell me something? Is that a thing we could do? If I want to know their opinions, I'll ask.

The Bronx Brewery
... See More

And they're 3 times more likely to be in an encounter with the police.

If I decide to go to 856 E 136th St, The Bronx, NY 10454 and take some beer for free, I wonder who they'd call?

That's fair, just don't expect any help from the Cops. Especially since they are actually profiting from their disdain for Police.
I have been followed by police, detained by police, beaten by police, my mom dated a state cop and he used to beat on me, profiled and arrested by police. I have never ever actually needed a cop for any reason.

Forum List

Back