Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl

I'm for a snowy Super Bowl. It could be a once-in-a-lifetime happening.

Boy I'm not..snow for this Super Bowl could blow it for future Super Bowls above the Mason Dixon line. I want to see a Super Bowl in Seattle someday.

There won't be more cold weather Super Bowls for a long time anyhow. This is a gimmick imo. And again, once-in-a-lifetime Snow Bowl -- I'll take it. I don't care if that means more SB's in Miami and SD.

Not to change the subject but-----but...
Holding the Super bowl in New Jersey might be a gimmick, might not be a gimmick but-----but given Christie's penchant for quid pro quo and greedy NFL owners history of holding cities hostage for payoff money and infrastructure and favors and...
my guess is Seattle will never be able to afford a Super Bowl in the NorthWest but-----but SCOTUS via Citizens United/et al ensured that we'll never know how much money, developments, contracts, favors, Rolex watches, and other goodies exchanged or will exchange hands to hold the Super Bowl in New Jersey.

That wouldn't be fair. It would only benefit the Hawks. Denver's defense won't be able to stop Lynch on a dry field. On a snowy field they wouldn't stand a chance. Manning has a horrible history on the road in cold, wet or snowy conditions.

Face it... Manning's legacy won't gain a single yard against Seattle. He will have to show up just like every other player on the field.

The more the media puts Peyton on a pedistal before the game the more the Seahawk defense will want to knock him off of it come game time.

I'm rooting for Denver. And a snowy SB goes against the better passing team (Denver). But I still want to see a snowy SB. Again, it could be a once-in-a-lifetime thing; so why not?

WTF ???? You wanna "Postcard white christmassy fantasy dream" football game ??

What the hell are you thinking? The players don't want to play in the freezing cold. The rich people that can afford to go to the super bowl don't want to sit for 3-4 hours in the freezing cold with no cover. They don't want to drive to the game on dangerous icy roads. They don't wanna pay $10 for a hot cup of coffee.

I think you are nuts !!!

:lol:

Snow can be cleared, players can dress for the cold

If it is windy it will affect the passing and kicking game

Boy I'm not..snow for this Super Bowl could blow it for future Super Bowls above the Mason Dixon line. I want to see a Super Bowl in Seattle someday.

There won't be more cold weather Super Bowls for a long time anyhow. This is a gimmick imo. And again, once-in-a-lifetime Snow Bowl -- I'll take it. I don't care if that means more SB's in Miami and SD.

Holding the Super bowl in New Jersey might be a gimmick, might not be a gimmick but-----but given Christie's penchant for quid pro quo and greedy NFL owners history of holding cities hostage for payoff money and infrastructure and favors and...
my guess is Seattle will never be able to afford a Super Bowl in the NorthWest but-----but SCOTUS via Citizens United/et al ensured that we'll never know how much money, developments, contracts, favors, Rolex watches, and other goodies exchanged or will exchange hands to hold the Super Bowl in New Jersey.

There is something funny going on with NJ getting the Super Bowl, considering the NFL told Miami that they would never have another Super Bowl until Dolphin Stadium got a roof. Screw the NFL I truly hope the weather affects the game and plays hell with the fans. Just hope the Farmer's Almanac is correct

There is something funny going on with NJ getting the Super Bowl, considering the NFL told Miami that they would never have another Super Bowl until Dolphin Stadium got a roof. Screw the NFL I truly hope the weather affects the game and plays hell with the fans. Just hope the Farmer's Almanac is correct

Cool. What's that got to do with Seattle vs Denver on Feb dos ?

The game is in NJ. There is no need to debate that fact.

Cool. What's that got to do with Seattle vs Denver on Feb dos ?

The game is in NJ. There is no need to debate that fact.

Has more to do with the thread than 91 insiders praising the chargers in a thread about bellchick.

Fine... This game's for Jimi...a Seattle native gone too soon.. I'm sure Paul Allen would approve..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooz9ja7IV8c]All Along The Watchtower - JIMMY HENDRIX (LiVe) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
If the weather is anything like it is right now, Manning will lose. I hope the blizzard is so bad, that those $25,000.00 seats on the fifty yard line, can't see the field. I heard they're even thinking about postponing the game another week if the weather is bad to make it "fair" for Manning. Maybe they won't even play the game, and just give Manning the trophy. World Wrestling(er, I mean football) Entertainment. I hope they have the same refs from the Seattle game.

Interesting list. Mark Sando and some other hack from ESPN have ranked the 106 players expected to suit up in Superbowl 48 by their relative skill level and expected relevance to the outcome of the game.

Obviously Peyton Manning is ranked #1

Surprisingly Rhichard Sherman is ranked #2

AND even MORE surprising is that out of the top ten EIGHT are Seattle Seahawk players.

I'm not an ESPN Insider so I couldn't see the whole list but heard about it on the radio this morning.

If anybody out there in internets land has the whole list reprint it here. Por Favor.

OK...Harvin is in. He practiced today which means he has passed his concussion protocol.

This adds a new element to Seattle's offense that the Bronco's won't be able to plan for. Percy played so little that there is little or no usable "book" on him as per how he will be used in Bevel's offense.

I fully understand all of the jokes about Harvins fragility and I have it on good authority that he will be shipped over to New Jersey in bubble wrap.

OK...Harvin is in. He practiced today which means he has passed his concussion protocol.

This adds a new element to Seattle's offense that the Bronco's won't be able to plan for. Percy played so little that there is little or no usable "book" on him as per how he will be used in Bevel's offense.

I fully understand all of the jokes about Harvins fragility and I have it on good authority that he will be shipped over to New Jersey in bubble wrap.

Simple. Jam Harvin at the line. Wilson isn't a patient enough throw to hit him on delays.

Simple. Jam Harvin at the line. Wilson isn't a patient enough throw to hit him on delays.

Harvin is too quick for that. His latteral movement is one of the fastest in the NFL. I'm not saying that his "touches" will be the difference in the game but he will have to be accounted for by Denver's fastest DB...including some double coverages. That makes for Tate, Baldwin and Kearse getting less coverage and more seperation...and more open targets.

Wilson has ENOUGH patience. Unlike Colin Kaepernick Wilson is ALLWAYS looking downfield even when he extends the play laterally and vertically with his legs. I've never seen Wilson get "happy feet" from being nervous. He only runs or moves the pocket when he see's opportunity.

Harvin is too quick for that. His latteral movement is one of the fastest in the NFL. I'm not saying that his "touches" will be the difference in the game but he will have to be accounted for by Denver's fastest DB...including some double coverages. That makes for Tate, Baldwin and Kearse getting less coverage and more seperation...and more open targets.

Wilson has ENOUGH patience. Unlike Colin Kaepernick Wilson is ALLWAYS looking downfield even when he extends the play laterally and vertically with his legs. I've never seen Wilson get "happy feet" from being nervous. He only runs or moves the pocket when he see's opportunity.

Harvin played one regular season game and had 17 yards receiving. He played one playoff game and had 21 yards receiving. Clearly, teams are jamming him just fine.

And Wilson had zero three hundred yard passing games this season. Clearly, he is not the down-field thrower you're making him out to be.

And for the record, Kaepernick and Wilson are both shizzy throwing QBs who are each one leg injury away from being back-up QBs for the rest of their careers. So don't think that we've entered a Aikman-Young-Favre era cos we haven't.

Everyone needs to gtfo of Sherman. He was pumped up after a fantastic play. Why the hell is everyone obsessed with sissifing this sport? Get over it. He made a play, he talked shit, game over.

(Not aimed at posters here)

This stuff is great... 45-50-60 ...Ha..Ha..Ha... You guys make me laugh longtime.

I'm not saying it is LIKELY because a lot of crazy shit happens in a football game but for serious I can see a POSSIBLE shut out. Eli, Peyton's brother, has TWO Superbowl rings and the last time Seattle was in the Metlife Stadium on December 15th the Hawks beat the Giants 23-0.

It might turn into a shoot out but I find that almost impossible. Seattle had the lowest scored on stat in the NFL this season. The #1 defense ...not just in the NFC but in all of the NFL. #1 in yards allowed..points allowed..pass yards allowed..Pts in the red zone allowed...passes over 20 yards allowed.

Keep in mind that Denver did lose to 3 teams with worse defenses than the Seahawks. And how many shut outs did Denver have? In the last couple of seasons the Hawks have had several.

Denver isn't the Giants

Just sayin, that reference is pointless.

Ya... and the Seahawks aren't the runt Patriots.

The Pats were controlling 6' 4" Demerious Thomas pretty good with the 6' 1" Aqib Talib until the Welker "rub" that sidelined him. Then they had to substitute that runt Alfonzo Dennard at 5' 10" and THAT's when Manning started to light it up when his favorite target aside from Welker had a 6 inch advantage over the hapless Dennard. The Pats don't have a useable DB taller than six feet and most of the are around five-ten.

Seattle has a legion of Boom with all world Sherman.6' 3-4", Maxwell 6' 1", all pro Chancellor 6' 3", all pro Bobby Wagner 6' PLUS the guy that has shut down EVERY so called great TE in the NFC ..KJ Wright at 6' 4".

You guys beat a bunch of midgets in the Pats and had to cheat to do it. Welker isn't going to "rub" 6' 4" KJ Wright. If he tries they will cart his runt ass off the field.

Stating that Denver will have to put on their "Big Boy" pads on for Seattle is no over statement.

We are bigger ..meaner...stronger...faster than any defensive backfield that Manning has ever faced in his entire career.

Sorry you bozos ...you just don't have the horses to run with this pack of assassins.

Your sorry pony show will be an embarrassment..that will be talked about for decades.

Bank it !!!! seriously...I'm licking my lips thinking about the 6' 4" 24 year old 246 lb KJ Wright clocking 5' 9" 32 yr old 185 lb Wes Welker when he attempts to "rub" him. This will be more entertaining than when Chancellor legally hit Vernon Davis but the official was so frightened by the violence that he threw a flag...then the next ref throws a flag on the same completely legal hit.. scary shit... Hahahahahahahaha...

That's a typical LOB hit...

The weather calls for pain...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back