Bring back the Alpha

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I know which one I am.

If your a bed wetting libby please don't watch this. I don't want to be responsible for your wadded up panties. :)

Yep, miketx, you are a cross dressing beta.

Move this to the flame zone, please.

• Banned
I'm not flaming anyone. Why do liberals always want to take something down they don't like?

• Banned
You are wrong. It is a comparison of alpha vs beta males and the preponderance of hollyweird betas that can't do anything to help anyone in distress. There's no flaming here, it's an educational video explaining, among other things, why today we would NEVER be able to get to the moon starting from scratch.

I think you are mistaken about beta males, or even who is or isn't alpha or beta.

If you mean independent, then I agree. But I have seen too many strutting fools pretending to be alpha and trying to prove it. They are notoriously hard to work with. If you need a single hero, sure they work great. But if you need teamwork, they can screw things up.

• Banned
I think you are mistaken about beta males, or even who is or isn't alpha or beta.

If you mean independent, then I agree. But I have seen too many strutting fools pretending to be alpha and trying to prove it. They are notoriously hard to work with. If you need a single hero, sure they work great. But if you need teamwork, they can screw things up.

Then we agree. The alpha is a leader. Leaders don't team.

Then we agree. The alpha is a leader. Leaders don't team.

And single individuals cannot accomplish what a team can accomplish.

Being able to listen and accept that someone else might know what they are talking about would be critical for a Mars trip.

And yes, leaders do team.

• Banned
Any team has to have a leader. The leader should be able to do the job of any one person on the team. You are correct. The alpha is always the leader. He leads and the team does as he expects.

Any team has to have a leader. The leader should be able to do the job of any one person on the team. You are correct. The alpha is always the leader. He leads and the team does as he expects.

And the good team leader will be part of the team, not some separate entity.

I spent 20+ years in the utility construction industry. Linemen tend to be alpha types. Some are great at it. Others are the sort of alpha that doesn't take criticism or instruction well at all. They are always trying to prove something. The first type is what makes the industry work. The second is why men have died doing the job.

I know which one I am.

If your a bed wetting libby please don't watch this. I don't want to be responsible for your wadded up panties. :)

I agree with Jake. You need to keep your posts in the Political Forum or the FZ Forum.
People come here to get away from this sh*t.

I can give you some examples of alpha males who caused problems, and not just for themselves.

In the mid 80s we were putting fiber in conduit in and around Atlanta. Manhole work involves one guy down in the vault and one man topside. The man in the vault wears a harness and lanyard connected to a tripod outside the manhole. This "alpha male" refused to wear his harness. He said he knew what he was doing and it restricted his movement, making the work take longer. When the carbon monoxide alarm went off, the topside guy told him to come out. (this was heard on the radio by others) His reply was "I know what I'm doing, and I'm almost done". When he collapsed there was no way to help him. The topside guy decided to risk it and went down to get him. The first guy died and the second came damn close.

In 2005 I was the safety director covering a southeastern state. We did a lot of storm damage work. The rule was, if the pole is not sound or is damaged, we don't climb it. Period. This hotshot lineman talked about how everyone else was scared of those poles, but he wasn't. He climbed quite a few that should not have been climbed. His groundhand thought he was so cool because he wasn't afraid. The groundhand climbed a pole that fell with him. He spent several months in a body cast. I made sure the "alpha male" lineman never worked another day on our jobs. I heard later that he was killed when a broken pole fell and he ended up in powerlines.

John Wayne was a Hollywood actor who modeled his cowboy persona after a stuntman and former rodeo champion known as Yak Canutt. Sorry if I ruined your beta-erection.

A leader is someone who can motivate, gain respect, and find the right people to do the work.
The leader does not have to know how to do everyone's job
The leader has to know how to FIND and MOTIVATE the people to do the jobs.

Well, I guess that sums it all up. You guys have been great.

Don't ever ask anyone else, just as me. I have all the answers....

Forum List

Back