Breyer Reportedly Upset by Timing of Retirement News

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Looks like someone decided to force the issue and leak this information early.

Justice Breyer Reportedly 'Upset' With the Way His Retirement Is Being Handled

She added, “Only he knows that, and as we wait on the court, the longer we wait… It seems like that is a possibility. I’m told that he is ‘upset’ that the way that this is being handled was not the timeline that he had planned. We’ve reached back to him and to the court to try to get some clarification on that, and maybe in his statement, we’ll learn more.”

So someone got wind he was thinking hard about retiring, and they decided to force his had by leaking it.

They eat their own.

I guess they wanted to replace him before November.

Yep, that and the fact if one Dem Senator from a Republican State dies or resigns, most of the time the governor designates the temp replacement.

That turns 50-50 (with Dem tiebreaker) to 51-49 Republican.

They might be applying pressure to get his replacement confirmed before the midterms when it is projected that the democrat's lose their majority in the senate.

The crooked Democrat Regime leaked the story. A way to force him off the bench and give Dem voters a reason to go out and vote in the midterms. This is how desperate the left is since the Biden Regime has been a complete disaster.
So Breyer should place his little finger in the corner of his mouth and say..."ok, I will leave now......for a miiilllllion dollars!!"

Looks like someone decided to force the issue and leak this information early.

Justice Breyer Reportedly 'Upset' With the Way His Retirement Is Being Handled

So someone got wind he was thinking hard about retiring, and they decided to force his had by leaking it.
Bad :
Fox News anchor Shannon Bream reported, “I now have multiple sources telling me that Justice Breyer was not planning to announce his retirement today.”

I like her too. She will at least stick to the news.

Bad :
Fox News anchor Shannon Bream reported, “I now have multiple sources telling me that Justice Breyer was not planning to announce his retirement today.”

I like her too. She will at least stick to the news.
Politics are politics, and Breyer learned a lesson on that the hard way.

Breyer must be aware of the political climate and the intent is to retire while democrats are still in charge. No doubt the intent of releasing the news was to take focus off the administration but as usual it backfired. The focus seems to be on Biden for promising to appoint a Justice on the basis of race and gender rather than ability.

I am old enough to remember when you folks said the word "Reportedly" meant fake news.

Odd how that changes based upon partisan politics

I am not treating it as gospel, just commenting on it.

Commenting on it is one thing, treating it as the unimpeachable truth is something else.

I am not treating it as gospel, just commenting on it.

Commenting on it is one thing, treating it as the unimpeachable truth is something else.

I watched a little bit of his announcement, makes the story even more suspect.

The crooked Democrat Regime leaked the story. A way to force him off the bench and give Dem voters a reason to go out and vote in the midterms. This is how desperate the left is since the Biden Regime has been a complete disaster.
I'd love it if he postponed until the end of the year. Not that it would make a hell of a lot of difference other than maybe a better nominee with a republican senate.

I sincerely hope he delays his retirement. Obviously this is a ploy to get him replaced with a democrat affirmative action black woman as quickly as possible.

Forum List

Back