BREAKING UPDATE: Ray Epps' lawsuit against Fox News reveals he's being criminally charged by DOJ, 2.5 years after Jan 6 riot

Well this certainly is a development. Ray Epps is being criminally charged by the DOJ. Apparently the FBI doesn't want to blow his cover.

""Finally, in May 2023, the Department of Justice notified Epps that it would seek to charge him criminally for events on January 6, 2021—two-and-a-half years later. The relentless attacks by Fox and Mr. Carlson and the resulting political pressure likely resulted in the criminal charges" the complaint reads.

The complaint continues, blaming Fox News for the criminal charges: "... it is difficult to believe that the Department of Justice would have pursued this matter if Fox had not focused its lies on Epps, ultimately the criminal charges conclusively demonstrate the falsehood of the story that Mr. Carlson and Fox told about Epps."

BREAKING UPDATE: Ray Epps’ lawsuit against Fox News reveals he’s being criminally charged by DOJ, 2.5 years after Jan 6 riot
Are you still insisting that Jan 6th was the fault of Mr. Epps?

Laughing....we won, Leo. If you want triggered, look at any of Trump's all caps tirades from a toilet in Florida.

My guy lives in the White House.

'Your guy' will be in hell soon, paying for his crimes against humanity. ;)

If anyone should have been charged on day one, it would have to be Epps. So it appears that the FBI is throwing him under the bus to save face and make it appear that justice is their number one goal in life. Too late, in my opinion.
maybe all the deep state suckups will realize they are also not safe.

the whirling black void will suck in all of them.

this is the hazard of joining a fanatical death cult.

Well this certainly is a development. Ray Epps is being criminally charged by the DOJ. Apparently the FBI doesn't want to blow his cover.

""Finally, in May 2023, the Department of Justice notified Epps that it would seek to charge him criminally for events on January 6, 2021—two-and-a-half years later. The relentless attacks by Fox and Mr. Carlson and the resulting political pressure likely resulted in the criminal charges" the complaint reads.

The complaint continues, blaming Fox News for the criminal charges: "... it is difficult to believe that the Department of Justice would have pursued this matter if Fox had not focused its lies on Epps, ultimately the criminal charges conclusively demonstrate the falsehood of the story that Mr. Carlson and Fox told about Epps."

BREAKING UPDATE: Ray Epps’ lawsuit against Fox News reveals he’s being criminally charged by DOJ, 2.5 years after Jan 6 riot

So the whole basis of Epps' lawsuit isn't that he was defamed or innocent, but that in fact he IS a criminal, but would have gottem away with his crime had Fox not brought the DOJ's attention to it?!
giggle.gif

So, Fox is being sued for helping catch a criminal? Funny I've not heard anything about this! Where are all the democracy lovers reveling in catching another dastardly insurrectionist?

LOCK HIM UP!

If anyone should have been charged on day one, it would have to be Epps. So it appears that the FBI is throwing him under the bus to save face and make it appear that justice is their number one goal in life. Too late, in my opinion.
The usual incentive the FBI or other LEA would have for not throwing their civilian hires under the bus is that the civilian would use, "the FBI told me to do it!" as a defense. In this case, it would be hard for Epps to do that due to his under oath appearance in front of the Jan 6th Hearing Show, in which he assured us that he was not an FBI source.

The DOJ has obtained its convictions by threatening people who had no criminal records before getting caught up in the Jan 6 riot with sentences fantastically out of proportion to the actual crimes that they committed. Max for perjury is five years, but in these political cases, the DOJ loves to charge multiple counts for the same thing, so they could threaten five years for every sentence in his testimony. Ten years for compound sentences.

So the whole basis of Epps' lawsuit isn't that he was defamed or innocent, but that in fact he IS a criminal, but would have gottem away with his crime had Fox not brought the DOJ's attention to it?! View attachment 804441

So, Fox is being sued for helping catch a criminal? Funny I've not heard anything about this! Where are all the democracy lovers reveling in catching another dastardly insurrectionist?

LOCK HIM UP!
False. The premise is that Fox News said he was a secret federal agent, which is false and has led to him being targeted and harassed by unhinged Trump supporters.

False. The premise is that Fox News said he was a secret federal agent,
Really? That is all I ever heard from EVERY source, not just Fox alone!

which is false
How do you know? Because some webpage told you so?

and has led to him being targeted and harassed by unhinged Trump supporters.
How? Where? When? How is it no one ever heard about this until now? How is it that Epps is practically the LAST person to be arrested and charged when the guy was out there on video with a megaphone calling for the storming of the Capitol? And just how did all these unhinged people find Epps? And I thought the Left believed targeting and harassing people was a way of life, like everyone from Trump supporters and cabinet officials and congressmen to Fox, Mr. Pillow, Tucker Carlson, and Justices of the US Supreme Court! Now suddenly it is bad?

I thought you people wanted blood of all those terrible J6 insurrectionists?! You know, send them to Guantanamo Bay without their heads?

And they were just reporting what the people on the ground saw with their own eyes and ears. If Epps wants to sue for being accused of working for the FBI, should he not start with those people who yelled "Noooo! Fed! Fed! Fed!" as soon as he told them to go into the Capitol? His claim would have to be, "I really did want people to go into the Capitol," which won't help his criminal case much.

Last edited:
No one said it was Fox News alone. That's a strawman. But you can't deny the Tucker Carlson picked it up and ran with it which makes him liable.
How do you know? Because some webpage told you so?
There's no indication he's a federal agent and he said himself that he's not. Given he's willing to go to court and say that before a judge is a good indication.
How? Where? When? How is it no one ever heard about this until now? How is it that Epps is practically the LAST person to be arrested and charged when the guy was out there on video with a megaphone calling for the storming of the Capitol? And just how did all these unhinged people find Epps? And I thought the Left believed targeting and harassing people was a way of life, like everyone from Trump supporters and cabinet officials and congressmen to Fox, Mr. Pillow, Tucker Carlson, and Justices of the US Supreme Court! Now suddenly it is bad?
We heard about it, but you haven't because you live in an information bubble. Ray Epps is just a loser who became a target of your unhinged conspiracy theories. I don't have any desire for private citizens to be the subject of anyones unhinged conspiracy theories.

No one said it was Fox News alone. That's a strawman.
No, they are a news station.

But you can't deny the Tucker Carlson picked it up and ran with it which makes him liable.
Can't say. I don't watch Fox. But if everyone on the planet thought Epps was a Fed, how does that make Carlson liable?

There's no indication he's a federal agent and he said himself that he's not.
Oh well, that makes a difference. Trump said he was cheated out of an election too. News at Eleven.

Given he's willing to go to court and say that before a judge is a good indication.
So I can just go to a judge and lie that some billionaire stole my youth to sue for billions? And to think I worked hard all my life!

We heard about it, but you haven't because you live in an information bubble.
Really? I get news from like 25 different sources!

Ray Epps is just a loser who became a target of your unhinged conspiracy theories.
My conspiracy theories? You a nut?

I don't have any desire for private citizens to be the subject of anyones unhinged conspiracy theories.
Just Trump people.

No, they are a news station.
Tucker Carlson isn't news. He's not a journalist.
Can't say. I don't watch Fox. But if everyone on the planet thought Epps was a Fed, how does that make Carlson liable?
Carlson is liable for what he says. Doesn't matter what everyone else thought.
So I can just go to a judge and lie that some billionaire stole my youth to sue for billions? And to think I worked hard all my life!
There are significant consequences for lying to a judge.
Really? I get news from like 25 different sources!
The fact that your 25 sources all live in the same bubble changes nothing.
My conspiracy theories? You a nut?
Yes. You think that the government was trying to provoke a riot. That's a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.
Just Trump people.
Private citizens should be left alone. There's less of an argument to be made about public officials.

Carlson is liable for what he says. Doesn't matter what everyone else thought.

Yes. You think that the government was trying to provoke a riot. That's a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.

Private citizens should be left alone. There's less of an argument to be made about public officials.

Based on your logic, the harpies on the The View could be sued into oblivion for all the bullshit lies they've spread on national tv about every prominent conservative. I hope this becomes a trend, there are a lot more on the left that could be sued for spewing lies about people since they hold the market share of op ed's that are on national providers to begin with.

Based on your logic, the harpies on the The View could be sued into oblivion for all the bullshit lies they've spread on national tv about every prominent conservative. I hope this becomes a trend, there are a lot more on the left that could be sued for spewing lies about people since they hold the market share of op ed's that are on national providers to begin with.
Ray Epps isn't a prominent conservative. He's just a random dude that the MAGA cultists picked to be the target of their conspiracy.

This is important when it comes to suing for defamation.

What is he, a Buick?

Carlson is liable for what he says.
Then so are Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and Chuckie Schumer.

Apparently not when you are the FBI lying to the FISA judge.

The fact is that you have no facts about my sources or anything else.

You mean like Joe's fantasy that millions were marching upon Washington so he had to barricade the city in barbed wire and National Guard for a week?

Private citizens should be left alone.
Too late for that. Millions of private citizens were harassed and assaulted by the Left just for choosing to vote their own conscience. Then millions more were disrupted for months on end in 2020 just because some hoodie died resisting arrest in the felony he committed.

What is he, a Buick?
He's a partisan hack.
Then so are Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and Chuckie Schumer.
Yes, they are. With the one exception that the speech and debate clause protects them for things they say in their official capacity as members of Congress.
Apparently not when you are the FBI lying to the FISA judge.
Clinesmith was charged and pled guilty to doing so. So you're wrong.
The fact is that you have no facts about my sources or anything else.
If they all say that Epps is a secret federal agent, then they're all equally stupid.
You mean like Joe's fantasy that millions were marching upon Washington so he had to barricade the city in barbed wire and National Guard for a week?
Maybe he wouldn't have done so if Trump supporters hadn't decided to storm the capitol. Make up your mind. Either you want the National Guard everywhere or you don't.
Too late for that. Millions of private citizens were harassed and assaulted by the Left just for choosing to vote their own conscience.
Doesn't change anything. I still think that private citizens should be left alone.

Ray Epps isn't a prominent conservative. He's just a random dude that the MAGA cultists picked to be the target of their conspiracy.

This is important when it comes to suing for defamation.

He's a random dude? He's an insurrectionist, why are you defending him?

He's a random dude? He's an insurrectionist, why are you defending him?
I'm defending the government from insane MAGA conspiracy theories.

The only reason we are talking about Epps is because MAGA cultists think he's a federal agent trying to provoke a riot.

He's a partisan hack.
Must be why he's the world's most watched, most popular news analyst.

Yes, they are. With the one exception that the speech and debate clause protects them for things they say in their official capacity as members of Congress.
I see, so in other words, government wrote another law protecting themselves from what they do at a very LARGE scale that others don't get the protection of doing even a tiny little bit?

If they all say that Epps is a secret federal agent, then they're all equally stupid.
Gee, I didn't realize it but you are really way smarter than 99% of the rest of the world! You must have like a 190 IQ! I'm lucky you even talk to me! How do you put up with us normal humans?

Maybe he wouldn't have done so if Trump supporters hadn't decided to storm the capitol.
They were standing around just talking until the police started throwing flash and smoke grenades at them.

Forum List

Back