Breaking! The Truth Revealed: CIA Took Down Nixon Because He Wanted to Know Who Killed Kennedy,

Anything else idiots?

From his first days in office, Nixon had ordered adviser John Ehrlichman to obtain the CIA’s files on two embarrassing events in JFK’s presidency: the failed invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs in April 1961 and the assassination of South Vietnamese president Ngo Dinh Diem in November 1963. Every six months or so, Ehrlichman visited CIA headquarters in Langley and invariably returned empty-handed.

Irritated, Nixon summoned Helms to the Oval Office on October 8, 1971, for some blunt talk. The tape of their exchange (collected and annotated on nixontapes.org) captures a ruthless president pressuring a proud intelligence chief. While the tape has been in the public record for years, one key passage has been largely overlooked by historians.

“Let me come to this delicate point that you’ve been talking to John about,” Nixon started. “John’s been talking to me about it, and I know he talked to you about it. Maybe I can perhaps put it in a different perspective than John. You probably wondered what the hell this was all about.”

It was about CIA operations.

“Now to get to the dirty tricks part of it,” Nixon went on. “I know what happened in Iran [a CIA-sponsored coup in 1953]. I also know what happened in Guatemala [a CIA-sponsored coup in 1954], and I totally approve both. I also know what happened with the planning of the Bay of Pigs under Eisenhower and totally approved of it.”

Nixon wanted to talk about what he saw as JFK’s failure, namely his refusal to authorize air support for the CIA-backed rebels when Castro’s forces pinned them down on the beaches of the Bay of Pigs.

“The problem was not the CIA,” Nixon said. “The problem was that your plan was not carried out. It was a goddamn good plan. If it had been backed up at the proper time. If he’d just flown a couple of planes over that damn place ...”

Nixon was specific about his interest.

“My interest there is not the internal situation, the fight in the CIA,” Nixon confided. After the failed invasion, the Agency’s leadership split over whether failure was due to an ill-conceived operation or a weak-willed president. Nixon didn’t care about the blame game. “My interest there is solely to know the facts.”

The facts of the Bay of Pigs, however, were not in dispute. The CIA-trained invasion force lost, and senior officers like Hunt were forever embittered. Nixon had something else, something very sensitive in mind.

“What I want, what I want, Dick,” he rasped, “regarding any understanding, regarding any information, I do not want any information that comes in from you on these delicate and sensitive subjects to go to anybody outside …”

Nixon was finally ready to tip his hand.

“The ‘Who shot John?’ angle,” he said quietly, 17 minutes into the conversation. Nixon did not dwell on the phrase. He didn’t need to. In the context of his long-standing demand for the CIA’s records, the invocation of “the ‘Who shot John?’ angle” can only refer to one thing: Kennedy’s assassination. The ambush in Dallas was the first thing on Nixon’s mind as he pressed the director for the agency’s Bay of Pigs files. The president intuited a connection between the failed invasion in 1961 and JFK’s assassination two years later.

Nixon had no desire to expose what Helms called the agency’s “dirty linen.” Rather, he wanted to use the Bay of Pigs issue against presumed rival Ted Kennedy while defending the CIA from recent allegations that the CIA’s plots against Castro had led to JFK’s death. Nixon knew the Agency was vulnerable to JFK’s assassination, which he presumed gave him leverage over Helms.

Nixon assured Helms that his concern was not the agency’s actions related to Kennedy’s assassination but the criticism he faced as president.

“Is Eisenhower to blame? Is Johnson to blame? Is Kennedy to blame? Is Nixon to blame?” the president went on. “Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. It may become — not by me — but it may become a very, very vigorous issue. If it does …”

Nixon couldn’t have been referring to the Bay of Pigs or Cuba, which were both dead issues by then. The JFK assassination story, by contrast, had erupted vigorously earlier that year. In January 1971, a front-page New York Times story reported that Dallas police chief Jesse Curry published a book saying JFK had been killed by a conspiracy. The same day, Jack Anderson, the syndicated investigative reporter, wrote a startling column in The Washington Post that began, “Locked in the darkest recesses of the Central Intelligence Agency is the story of six assassination attempts against Cuba’s Fidel Castro.”

The story, picked up by the TV networks, was disturbingly accurate to Helms. There was indeed a top-secret CIA Inspector General’s report that itemized the six plots; Helms was running one of them on the day JFK was killed. Anderson’s source was a well-connected Washington lawyer representing Johnny Rosselli, the Mafia boss whom the CIA had enlisted to poison the Cuban leader in 1960. Anderson intimated that Castro had intercepted the CIA’s assassins and orchestrated Kennedy’s assassination as retaliation.

By leaking his story, Rosselli effectively used the Post to blackmail the CIA — and it worked. The agency shielded Rosselli from deportation proceedings, according to a memo declassified in 1997. The CIA-blessed mobster never shared his knowledge of the Castro plots with federal prosecutors. The agreement prevented disclosure of the CIA’s assassination policy, which probably saved Helms’ job.

Now Nixon wanted to know more about “the Who shot John? angle.”

“I need to know what is necessary to protect, frankly, the intelligence gathering and the Dirty Tricks Department, and I will protect it,” the president avowed. “Hey, listen, I have done more than my share of lying to protect you, and I believe it’s totally right to do it.”

Helms stayed silent.

“If I don’t know,” Nixon asked plaintively, “then what do you have?”

The president was beholden to his spymaster. This was a harsh reality of the Watergate affair, not reported by the Washington Post, not uncovered by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The CIA and Helms barely figure in All the President’s Men, or the iconic movie that followed.

The Oval Office dynamic was also rather different than the showdown depicted by Oliver Stone. Helms did not threaten Nixon with a veiled reference to Kennedy’s assassination. In historical reality, the frustrated president unsuccessfully begged the imperious spy chief for more information about who killed his predecessor.

“I don’t believe that you can say, well … the director of the CIA … is the only one who is to know what happened in certain circumstances,” Nixon said. “The president is to know, and that the president’s successor is not to know?”

The agency’s JFK secrets were safe with him, Nixon emphasized. “I am not going to embarrass the CIA because it served. … I believe in Dirty Tricks.”

Helms finally spoke. He appeased Nixon by offering a folder of CIA cables on the assassination of Diem, material that Nixon could use to impugn JFK’s legacy in the 1972 election. “Sir, I’m working entirely for you,” he assured the president. “Anything I’ve got is yours.”

The partisan president came away happy. The canny director had given up nothing on the Bay of Pigs, the Castro plots or Kennedy’s assassination.

Eight months later, when the Watergate burglars were arrested, Nixon expected Helms’ help. He had indeed protected Helms. Nixon had rejected Haldeman’s suggestion to re-open the investigation of JFK’s death, which could have exposed the fact that the CIA had lied to assassination investigators on several key points. Nixon had ordered his Justice Department to block publication of a damning memoir written by a disillusioned CIA officer who had served in Helms’ office. Nixon knew burglar-in-chief Howard Hunt had served in a senior position in the Bay of Pigs operation and held JFK personally responsible for the defeat. And he knew first-hand that Helms was loathe to surrender anything about the aftermath of the Bay of Pigs. So Nixon sent Haldeman to deliver his blunt message: If Helms helped limit the FBI investigation, the president would defend “the Dirty Tricks Department” from questions about Dallas.

Helms knew exactly what Haldeman meant. He had not forgotten his last Oval Office meeting with the president. Nixon was using the threat of JFK revelations to coerce him into a cover-up. But Helms couldn’t be blackmailed. The director protected himself and his agency by refusing to block the FBI’s investigation, minimizing the Agency’s support for the burglars and saying nothing about JFK. Nixon resented his independence, and the once effective relationship between them swiftly unraveled.

Five months later, in November 1972, the president demanded Helms’ resignation in a tense meeting at Camp David. Helms extracted an ambassadorial appointment, and the two men parted warily. When Nixon resigned in August 1974, Helms was relieved. In November 1977, Helms was convicted of lying to Congress about an assassination operation in Chile, making him the only CIA director ever convicted of a crime. The House Select Committee on Assassinations reopened the JFK investigation in 1978. A year later, it concluded that Kennedy had been killed by conspirators who could not be identified.

Nixon and Helms, observed Sen. Howard Baker, “had so much on each other, neither of them could breathe.”

And now we know why.

AMart Not sure f it was Erlichman or another one of Nixon’s aides who revealed that when you hear Nixon on the watergate tapes talk about hunt he says thst hunt is a scab and he can blow up the whole goddamn bay of pigs operation in that when Nixon was talking about that what he was really referencing to was the kennedy assassinstion operation,he was afraid he would reveal his involvement in it sense hunt was Nixon’s tight hand man and was in Dallas that day as part of a cia operation to kill kennedy.

Did the CIA Engineer Watergate to Get Rid of Nixon?

26 Jan 2023 ~~ By Robert Spencer

Tucker Carlson made some explosive assertions recently, suggesting that the CIA and the FBI brought down Richard Nixon because he was on to their efforts to undermine the American system as the Founding Fathers had intended it to run and knew that the CIA was involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Carlson’s segment quickly became wildly controversial, but is it true? We may never know for sure — and that in itself demonstrates yet again the need to demand and enforce complete transparency and accountability from these agencies that all too easily can go rogue.
Carlson said: “Richard Nixon was re-elected in 1972 by the largest margin of the popular vote ever recorded before or since. Nixon got 17 million more votes than his opponent. Less than two years later, he was gone. He was forced to resign and in his place, an obedient servant of the federal agencies called Gerald Ford took over the White House.” Carlson went on to explain that Nixon believed that “elements in the federal bureaucracy were working to undermine the American system of government and had been doing that for a long time. He often said that.” He suggested that CIA and FBI operatives orchestrated both the Watergate break-in and the two-year-long firestorm that brought Nixon down.
According to Carlson, “on June 23, 1972, Nixon met with the then–CIA director, Richard Helms, at the White House. During the conversation, which thankfully was tape-recorded, Nixon suggested he knew ‘who shot John,’ meaning President John F. Kennedy. Nixon further implied that the CIA was directly involved in Kennedy’s assassination, which we now know it was. Helms’s telling response? Total silence, but for Nixon, it didn’t matter because it was already over. Four days before, on June 19, the Washington Post had published the first of many stories about a break-in at the Watergate office building.” This doesn’t add up to the CIA deciding to take out Nixon, since the break-in and the Post story both happened before the president’s conversation with Helms, unless Nixon had enunciated this before the break-in.
~Snip~
On Dec. 22, 1963, exactly one month after the Kennedy assassination, former President Harry Truman wrote in the Washington Post that “for some time I have been disturbed by the way [the] CIA has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government. This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas.” He added, “We have grown up as a nation, respected for our free institutions and for our ability to maintain a free and open society. There is something about the way the CIA has been functioning that is casting a shadow over our historic position and I feel that we need to correct it.”
Yet it has never been corrected. The CIA and FBI are almost completely unaccountable to anyone and, it is increasingly obvious, deeply corrupt and politicized. Does anyone have the courage, or the ability, to face down these rogue agencies?

Commentary:
Ever wonder how the Watergate “plumbers” who included ex CIA and FBI operatives allowed themselves to be found and stopped by a sole unarmed security guard?
The CIA’s main business is surveilling (spying) on foreign belligerent governments and they have brought their expertise home to subvert their masters - the American people. The CIA and the FBI need to be disbanded and their employees blacklisted from other government jobs.
In all likelihood Oswald was on the CIA payroll — they sent him to Russia! And they brought him home three years later — no real Cold War defector would be treated that way — and it’s one of the many reasons why his tax returns are classified top secret to this day … Yes, Oswald was involved in something up to his eyeballs, but I take him at his word when he declared, “I’m just a patsy!” following his arrest …
Mr. Spencer’s piece is excellent, but I’ll take exception to one point: he says the JFK assassination never became a ‘vigorous issue’, but in the 1970’s, following Watergate, it actually did, so much so that the government formed a House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) to reopen the case, in a lame attempt to reinforce the Warren Report and ease overwhelming public mistrust in it’s “Oswald acted alone” fiction … they failed miserably.
The CIA’s “Operation 40 Group” was involved in the Bay of Pigs fiasco, JFK ’63, and then Watergate. Nixon at the time knew a National Clusterfuck would occur if the last 16 years (’58-’73) of CIA (and Mafia Contractors) involvement were exposed, ultimately revealing the coup d’ etat that occurred in ’63. RMN resigned –
The ultimate winner of course was LBJ as JFK was getting ready to dump him in ’64 as VP on the ticket. Too, MIL INDUST CMPLX and Big Oil also came out smelling like a rose as Vietnam was escalated.

He is now throwing chairs at the wall now having to own up he has been caught lying all this time.:auiqs.jpg:
Soupnazi630
I’m sure he saw this, but refused to accept it. Obviously the CIA was controlling Oswald.

JFK assassination expert says CIA has proof Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in secret operation in 1963​

“This is an extraordinarily serious claim and it has profound implications for the official story,” JFK assassination expert Jefferson Morley claims​

The CIA is withholding evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in a covert intelligence operation three months before assassinating John F. Kennedy in 1963, an author and investigator has claimed.​

Prominent JFK expert Jefferson Morley said the operation, which sought to blame Cuban leader Fidel Castro for an act of violence that could be used as a pretext for a full-scale invasion by the US, would fundamentally alter the accepted history of the presidential assassination.​

Mr Morley made the claim at a press conference on Monday for the Mary Ferrell Foundation, which filed a lawsuit in October seeking to force the CIA and the FBI to release all of the classified information it holds on the Kennedy assassination.​

“This is an extraordinarily serious claim and it has profound implications for the official story,” Mr Morley said. “The CIA knew far more about the lone gunmen than they are even admitting today.”​

JFK assassination expert says Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in CIA operation in 1963

Soupnazi630

The CIA knew all about Oswald but claimed they didn’t after they murdered JFK.

Mr Morley, a former Washington Post reporter and the author of numerous books on the intelligence community, told the press conference that Oswald had secretly been involved in operations to undermine US supporters of the Cuban leader in the summer of 1963.

<p>Lee Harvey Oswald was identified as the lone assassin in official histories of the JFK assassination</p>

Lee Harvey Oswald was identified as the lone assassin in official histories of the JFK assassination
(1963 AP)
He based the claim on files from George Joannides, a late CIA intelligence officer who infiltrated pro-Cuban groups and whose files remain sealed. He said the evidence proved that the then-CIA director John McCone had lied to the Warren Commission that the agency held no information about Oswald.

“What the CIA is hiding is what they’ve always hidden, which is their sources and methods as they relate to Lee Harvey Oswald,” he said. “We’re talking about smoking-gun proof of a CIA operation involving Lee Harvey Oswald.”

Soupnazi630
I’m sure he saw this, but refused to accept it. Obviously the CIA was controlling Oswald.

JFK assassination expert says CIA has proof Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in secret operation in 1963​

“This is an extraordinarily serious claim and it has profound implications for the official story,” JFK assassination expert Jefferson Morley claims​

The CIA is withholding evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in a covert intelligence operation three months before assassinating John F. Kennedy in 1963, an author and investigator has claimed.​

Prominent JFK expert Jefferson Morley said the operation, which sought to blame Cuban leader Fidel Castro for an act of violence that could be used as a pretext for a full-scale invasion by the US, would fundamentally alter the accepted history of the presidential assassination.​

Mr Morley made the claim at a press conference on Monday for the Mary Ferrell Foundation, which filed a lawsuit in October seeking to force the CIA and the FBI to release all of the classified information it holds on the Kennedy assassination.​

“This is an extraordinarily serious claim and it has profound implications for the official story,” Mr Morley said. “The CIA knew far more about the lone gunmen than they are even admitting today.”​

JFK assassination expert says Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in CIA operation in 1963

How about some evidence of that claim boy

So far nothing

Soupnazi630

The CIA knew all about Oswald but claimed they didn’t after they murdered JFK.

Mr Morley, a former Washington Post reporter and the author of numerous books on the intelligence community, told the press conference that Oswald had secretly been involved in operations to undermine US supporters of the Cuban leader in the summer of 1963.

<p>Lee Harvey Oswald was identified as the lone assassin in official histories of the JFK assassination</p>

Lee Harvey Oswald was identified as the lone assassin in official histories of the JFK assassination
(1963 AP)
He based the claim on files from George Joannides, a late CIA intelligence officer who infiltrated pro-Cuban groups and whose files remain sealed. He said the evidence proved that the then-CIA director John McCone had lied to the Warren Commission that the agency held no information about Oswald.

“What the CIA is hiding is what they’ve always hidden, which is their sources and methods as they relate to Lee Harvey Oswald,” he said. “We’re talking about smoking-gun proof of a CIA operation involving Lee Harvey Oswald.”
No files no evidence dumbass

Story breaking everywhere. Will post back when new information is available

elvis promised nixon sex if nixon would take out kennedy and others

No files no evidence dumbass
Even in your grandpa’s favorite newspaper Allen. It’s finally unraveling for grandpa. Too bad he isn’t alive to face the music.
🌐
New JFK assassination files: What did the CIA know about Lee Harvey ...washingtonpost.com› news › retropolis › wp › 2017 › 11 › 03 › new-batch-of-jfk-assassination-files-oswald-in-mexico-city-and-watergate-burglars

October 28, 2021 - Jefferson Morley, one of a handful of experts who has closely tracked the Kennedy records for many years, believes one of the more interesting documents to emerge involves a CIA cable about Oswald’s contacts in Mexico City that had up until Friday been partially redacted.

The evidence shows the CIA was running Oswald at the time of JFK’s assassination and McCone lied about this after the coup.
No it does not.

Throughout this thread every claim including the link in the op has been supposition, speculation and claims without a speck of supporting evidence.

Even in your grandpa’s favorite newspaper Allen. It’s finally unraveling for grandpa. Too bad he isn’t alive to face the music.
🌐
New JFK assassination files: What did the CIA know about Lee Harvey ...washingtonpost.com› news › retropolis › wp › 2017 › 11 › 03 › new-batch-of-jfk-assassination-files-oswald-in-mexico-city-and-watergate-burglars

October 28, 2021 - Jefferson Morley, one of a handful of experts who has closely tracked the Kennedy records for many years, believes one of the more interesting documents to emerge involves a CIA cable about Oswald’s contacts in Mexico City that had up until Friday been partially redacted.
Hey moron. It has never been a secret that the CIA helped in the investigation after the fact.

None of that supports the idiotic claim that he worked for them

What is unraveling is the coonspiracy theory that losers like you and gipper ahve been screaming for years

Last edited:
Hey moron. It has never been a secret that the CIA helped in the investigation after the fact.

None of that supports the idiotic claim that he worked for them

What is unraveling is the coonspiracy theory that losers like you and gipper ahve been screaming for years
It’s all unraveling Allen. You better prepare yourself as the truth of gramp’s treason will come out. I suggest you at least legally change your name or terminate your American citizenship and deport yourself. Your name is Mudd!

I know you think withholding records from the people for 60 years is acceptable and not the least bit suspicious, but sane people disagree.

Even state run Google is coming for you.

Go to the 38 minute mark. Proof the CIA was running Oswald.

It’s all unraveling Allen. You better prepare yourself as the truth of gramp’s treason will come out. I suggest you at least legally change your name or terminate your American citizenship and deport yourself. Your name is Mudd!

I know you think withholding records from the people for 60 years is acceptable and not the least bit suspicious, but sane people disagree.

Even state run Google is coming for you.

Go to the 38 minute mark. Proof the CIA was running Oswald.

Yes your stupid conspiracy theories are unraveling.

The 38 minute mark provides no evidence whatsoever.

Oswald acted alone. This was proven decades ago and throughout the years your stupid ass has FAILED to show evidence to the contrary
]

Story breaking everywhere. Will post back when new information is available

We know who murdered JFK.

Douchebag

Roger Stone got the scoop from the ghost of G. Gordon Liddy in a seance that brought out Timothy Leary's Ghost too. No telling what else Tuck is going to say.

Maybe this is code for Tucker dropped some of that Hammer acid......
Don't forget that Hugo Chavez was involved too.

Yes your stupid conspiracy theories are unraveling.

The 38 minute mark provides no evidence whatsoever.

Oswald acted alone. This was proven decades ago and throughout the years your stupid ass has FAILED to show evidence to the contrary
]
You can deny all you like Allen, but it’s over.
1674841255851.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back