Breaking: Riot Season Opens Again in Minnesota

Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

The warrant was for an unlicensed handgun
Wouldn't that have been taken from him?

It's a shame unnecessary violence by cops is being met by unnecessary violence by protesters. It will solve nothing, lead to more tensions on both sides and wind up in more violence down the road.

You feel enforcing warrants is unnecessary, do ya?
What resolves nothing is not be reasoned and objective.
No I feel enforcing a warrant shouldn't lead to death in this particular situation.

Good, we can save money by no longer issuing them. If perps don't feel like showing up for court, so be it. We will save on jails too.

Seems we won't even need the police.

I have so had it with the insanity in this country.
You are putting words in my mouth I never so much as thought. You've done it twice. Do you think you're fooling anyone who knows how to read?

well, if you do want to enforce warrants, shit is gonna happen.

At least in the real world.
Yeah, well I'm glad in the real world you aren't a cop, because I haven't heard a single one say this was justified.

Those aren't cops, those are your FB friends and your far-left Twitter feed.
Never been on either one.

It's a shame unnecessary violence by cops is being met by unnecessary violence by protesters. It will solve nothing, lead to more tensions on both sides and wind up in more violence down the road.

No I feel enforcing a warrant shouldn't lead to death in this particular situation.

Good, we can save money by no longer issuing them. If perps don't feel like showing up for court, so be it. We will save on jails too.

You are putting words in my mouth I never so much as thought. You've done it twice. Do you think you're fooling anyone who knows how to read?

Yeah, well I'm glad in the real world you aren't a cop, because I haven't heard a single one say this was justified.

Man you got your A game tonight...lol

Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

Bull....She needs fired and charged. Whoever was in charge of her training needs fired.

If not the people should burn things down.

It'd be a shane if people burnt your home or business over something like this huh?

You're a fckn asshole and part of the problem. Innocent people had nothing to do with this, fuckwit

The alternative is easy. Fire and charge her.
In most law enforcement departments, an officer discharging a firearm results in that officer being placed on temporary leave while the episode is investigated. SOP, even if no deaths or injuries occurred. Such is rarely a positive career event for the officer involved, could delay promotion or further advancement.

A person who does something like this should never be allowed to own a gun again.
In most cases the investigation determines it was a justified use.

Would be more helpful to all if you focused on the vast majority whom aren't supposed to legally own/possess a firearm but do. Such as the many felons and criminals the police deal with daily whom are illegally armed.

While you're at it, your solution to end crimes of violence is ... what ???

Address the main cause. Poverty.
Why is there poverty when there is a free Public School System for which I am paying?
The Democrats have spent 50 years creating a sub-society of welfare and slave labor.

And no, I'm not cheering on the Republicans.

I have zero interest in making things like this political.

Isn’t that convenient? The fact of the matter is politicians you support continuously promote false narratives that lead to violence

Inane rambling. My candidates rarely win.

You’re on the left your politicians are shameless race baiters

I am pro-life. I fully support the 2nd Amendment. I believe in a balanced budget. I support the electoral college.

What makes me left? That I don't spout hate towards others you see differently than yourself?

let’s get to the crux of the matter. Do u believe in the myth that is called systemic racism? You know the lies you and your cohorts Keep spreading that is the reason for rioting in this country?

Yes there is. That's the reason a law like banning air fresheners was passed in the first place. It gave the police a legal lame excuse to pull minorities over.

Such bullshit. Ironically there are actual laws on the books that gives “minorities” minus Asians and Jews of course and anyone else that isn’t black or Hispanic, advantages. That’s the systemic racism in this country. Maybe you’re stupid enough to believe the lies. Very possible in reading your posts. However these systemic racism lies are the reason for the violence.

I believe in a fair and just justice system. We do not have that.

As far as the law, I have family and friends that are cops and I told them I got pulled over for having my air fresheners on my rear view mirror. They told that law was so it doesn’t obstruct your view. When I got pulled over for it I was compliant with the officers and behaved properly and got away with a warning. Now I put my air fresheners on the side latches of my vehicle. Maybe tell the “minorities” to do that so they can avoid systemic racism.

It's to give the cops a legal lame excuse to pull people over.
You think cops really enjoy traffic stops when they are the most dangerous encounters they face?.....rub a couple brain cells together.

Not all but there are too many that just want control. There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for an air freshener.
It was for expired registration

Expired registration and possession of an unregistered firearm.

Think fast, portray the facts accurately.
He did not have a firearm.

Read post #297
Read post 301.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

Was she brand new or something? Can't you tell the difference between a taser and your handgun just by the feel of it in your hand?

Shit happens...

EXPLAINER: How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?

The “accident discharge” of a gun excuse is not new.

EyzZMcdUYAEbLWb

These cops act like firearm experts every day of the week, until they encounter an unarmed Black person. And then it’s “I miStOOk mY guN foR a taSer”

And, the guy had an unregistered firearm, according to the warrant. Cops would have approached him as a threat to begin with. If he had not resisted his arrest, he would not have been a threat, and it would not have prompted the officers to take any further action.

EDIT: In other words, he wouldn't be dead.
What makes you think it wasn't taken away from him like every other unregistered firearm is?

What kind of question is that?

The point is, he resisted. The cops knew he was trying to get back into the vehicle and flee. When you flee in a car, you make yourself dangerous to other people on the road.

If I were a cop and saw he had a warrant for his arrest for having an unregistered firearm, I would approach him with extreme caution.
It was a tragic mistake. It seems though that you're trying to justify him being dead.

He resisted. That's not justification, that is just cause to effect an arrest. In this case, he deserved to be.

You don't care if he did anything wrong or not, you just want to cling to talking points and justify bad behavior on part of the assailant.

Where is your police training, OldLady? If you have none, you have no basis to judge the actions of the police.
I never justified anyone's bad behavior. I'm not repeating talking points. But keep trying. Maybe you can turn me into a bad guy if you really work at it.

Then why aren't you condemning the man? He broke the law, he fled, he could have damn near killed his girlfriend attempting to flee in his vehicle.

I'm not making you out to be anything. I am simply making observations. You want to play the emotional side of this issue, while I play on the facts.

I'm sorry you don't take kindly to accurate observations.

Last edited:
And, the guy had an unregistered firearm, according to the warrant. Cops would have approached him as a threat to begin with. If he had not resisted his arrest, he would not have been a threat, and it would not have prompted the officers to take any further action.

What makes you think it wasn't taken away from him like every other unregistered firearm is?

The point is, he resisted. The cops knew he was trying to get back into the vehicle and flee. When you flee in a car, you make yourself dangerous to other people on the road.

If I were a cop and saw he had a warrant for his arrest for having an unregistered firearm, I would approach him with extreme caution.
It was a tragic mistake. It seems though that you're trying to justify him being dead.

He resisted. That's not justification, that is just cause to effect an arrest. In this case, he deserved to be.

You don't care if he did anything wrong or not, you just want to cling to talking points and justify bad behavior on part of the assailant.

Where is your police training, OldLady? If you have none, you have no basis to judge the actions of the police.
I never justified anyone's bad behavior. I'm not repeating talking points. But keep trying. Maybe you can turn me into a bad guy if you really work at it.

Then why are you condemning the man? He broke the law, he fled, he could have damn near killed his girlfriend attempting to flee in his vehicle.

I'm not making you out to be anything. I am simply making observations. You want to play the emotional side of this issue, while I play on the facts.

You're delusional as shit.

Bull....She needs fired and charged. Whoever was in charge of her training needs fired.

It'd be a shane if people burnt your home or business over something like this huh?

You're a fckn asshole and part of the problem. Innocent people had nothing to do with this, fuckwit

In most law enforcement departments, an officer discharging a firearm results in that officer being placed on temporary leave while the episode is investigated. SOP, even if no deaths or injuries occurred. Such is rarely a positive career event for the officer involved, could delay promotion or further advancement.

A person who does something like this should never be allowed to own a gun again.

Would be more helpful to all if you focused on the vast majority whom aren't supposed to legally own/possess a firearm but do. Such as the many felons and criminals the police deal with daily whom are illegally armed.

Why is there poverty when there is a free Public School System for which I am paying?
The Democrats have spent 50 years creating a sub-society of welfare and slave labor.

Isn’t that convenient? The fact of the matter is politicians you support continuously promote false narratives that lead to violence

I am pro-life. I fully support the 2nd Amendment. I believe in a balanced budget. I support the electoral college.

What makes me left? That I don't spout hate towards others you see differently than yourself?

let’s get to the crux of the matter. Do u believe in the myth that is called systemic racism? You know the lies you and your cohorts Keep spreading that is the reason for rioting in this country?

Yes there is. That's the reason a law like banning air fresheners was passed in the first place. It gave the police a legal lame excuse to pull minorities over.

Such bullshit. Ironically there are actual laws on the books that gives “minorities” minus Asians and Jews of course and anyone else that isn’t black or Hispanic, advantages. That’s the systemic racism in this country. Maybe you’re stupid enough to believe the lies. Very possible in reading your posts. However these systemic racism lies are the reason for the violence.

As far as the law, I have family and friends that are cops and I told them I got pulled over for having my air fresheners on my rear view mirror. They told that law was so it doesn’t obstruct your view. When I got pulled over for it I was compliant with the officers and behaved properly and got away with a warning. Now I put my air fresheners on the side latches of my vehicle. Maybe tell the “minorities” to do that so they can avoid systemic racism.

You think cops really enjoy traffic stops when they are the most dangerous encounters they face?.....rub a couple brain cells together.

Not all but there are too many that just want control. There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for an air freshener.

No, but the warrant says he had an unregistered firearm. Go look it up.

Portray the facts accurately.

Then why are you condemning the man? He broke the law, he fled, he could have damn near killed his girlfriend attempting to flee in his vehicle.

You're delusional as shit.

Think what you like, but namecalling isn't going to change anything.

Delusional? I'm not the one defending reckless and criminal behavior on part of Daunte Wright. YOU ARE.

The warrant was for an unlicensed handgun

The liberals should be ecstatic, because we must get those evil guns off the street. You know they'd be dancing on the rooftops if it were an armed right-wing nationalist with a "ghost gun" who had been shot, instead.

Never been on either one.

Lies. In this information age, you have to be. Unless you read leftist rags and mistake them for news, in that case, I stand corrected. Sort of.

In the past. Which he was apparently issued a summons for. But wouldn't that gun have been taken by the police? It was not on him when this happened.

Read post #297
Read post 301.

Irrelevant. The gun doesn't have to be in his possession at the time of his arrest.

You truly do not know how this works, do you? Do you make any attempts at all to educate yourself on matters like these?

It is ignorance like this that causes riots like we saw in Minneapolis.

....and awayyyy we go...
#BLM protests and riots have been announced for Brooklyn Center, Minn., Seattle, New York City, Portland, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Omaha, Kansas City, Washington D.C., Fort Lee, N.J., Hoover, Alab., Fort Wayne, Ind.
— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) April 12, 2021

There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for that.

The place needs to burn.

You can blame the politicians who make the laws.

And those who kill over the most insignificant crimes. All the same, it will be politicians held accountable also if things burn.
Do you feel the same for Ashli Babbitt?

I saw absolutely no justification for her getting shot.

Yeah, but she's white. So fuck her. Huh?

Wow, you are really ate up with it aren't you?
Yes. I feel sorry for Cannon Hinnant. Look him up.

I'm sure. The killer is in prison being held without bail which is what should happen when someone needlessly kills another.
Well ,I did not see the WHITES riot over him. Like I said. Nature of the Beast.

And that's why there have been no answers. If you want to sweep it under the rug that's up to you. Others are no longer willing to do that.

Do you truly care about the loss of life? I think not. Mourn death, don't exploit it. Lament the tragedy, don't take advantage of it.

I do not believe anyone has the the right to take the life of another outside of immediate direct self defense. That's why I am pro-life, anti death penalty and against our stupid wars.

There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for that.

The place needs to burn.

You can blame the politicians who make the laws.

And those who kill over the most insignificant crimes. All the same, it will be politicians held accountable also if things burn.
Do you feel the same for Ashli Babbitt?

I saw absolutely no justification for her getting shot.

Yeah, but she's white. So fuck her. Huh?

Wow, you are really ate up with it aren't you?
Yes. I feel sorry for Cannon Hinnant. Look him up.

I'm sure. The killer is in prison being held without bail which is what should happen when someone needlessly kills another.
Well ,I did not see the WHITES riot over him. Like I said. Nature of the Beast.

And that's why there have been no answers. If you want to sweep it under the rug that's up to you. Others are no longer willing to do that.

Do you truly care about the loss of life? I think not. Mourn death, don't exploit it. Lament the tragedy, don't take advantage of it.

I do not believe anyone has the the right to take the life of another outside of immediate direct self defense. That's why I am pro-life, anti death penalty and against our stupid wars.

You are entitled to your own beliefs, but not your own facts.

What if they had allowed this man to flee? What danger could he have posed to the surrounding population?

There are times, as paradoxical as it sounds, when death is necessary to preserve life.

Do you believe people should have to register their firearms?

Forum List

Back