Breaking Bad

Maybe it seems that way but most meth labs are southern good old boys who fly the confederate flag. It's funny but the slightest suggestion or image of the nefarious piece of cloth would have closed the series down. My point is that the current generation tolerates drug use but only if it is carefully scripted.
Maybe it seems that way but most meth labs are southern good old boys who fly the confederate flag. It's funny but the slightest suggestion or image of the nefarious piece of cloth would have closed the series down. My point is that the current generation tolerates drug use but only if it is carefully scripted.
You must have torn your cousin-maker reaching like that....

Not everyone I know likes it. It can be pretty dark. It sort of starts out with a light at the end of the tunnel, but the light just gets further and further away.
I saw the first episode of Breaking Bad a few years ago and decided it wasn't for me. This year, I decided that unless I really did not like what I saw in the first episode, I would give it 3 epoxide.
This year I watched 3 episodes of Breaking Bad and love it also watched 3 episode of the Maid, Queens Gambit, Bodyguard, Lincoln Lawyer, Wrong Side of Tracks and Ozark and was hooked.

Saw 3 epoxides of Hollywood, Bridgeton, Designated Survivor, Grace and Frankie and dropped them.

Often series need several epoxides to develop the central characters and establish the storyline. 45 mins may not be enough.

25 to 30 million adults smoke marijuana and about 3 million have used Meth in last 12 months. Drugs have become part of the American culture.

"Inventing Anna" is an intriguing series of a true story.
The girl from "Ozark" plays the lead role of Anna.
I saw 3 episodes of Inventing Anna and didn't like it enough to continue. Unlike Ozark it seemed rather disjointed and didn't have much of a story line. Julie Garner seem to be the whole ball of wax. She was very good but I think the series needed more.

I saw 3 episodes of Inventing Anna and didn't like it enough to continue. Unlike Ozark it seemed rather disjointed and didn't have much of a story line. Julie Garner seem to be the whole ball of wax. She was very good but I think the series needed more.
Agree
It's mainly psychological without much action.
But yea, Julie Garner is a heck of an actress.
In fact, I was half way thru the series before I realized Anna was the crazy wild blond girl from the Ozark series.

Is the series "Lincoln Lawyer" worth watching?
In my opinion yes. Manuel Garcia-Rulfo who plays the Lincoln lawyer is not near as charismatic as Matthew McConaughey was in the movie but he plays the part well. The series starts off slowly but gains speed. It is more of a mystery than a courtroom drama. Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer is assigned all of fellow defense attorney Jerry Vincent's cases after he's murdered in a parking garage outside his office. Haller is faced with handling dozens of cases he knows nothing about, one being a murder case where the defendant is reluctant to help Haller in his defense. The excitement builds with each episode as Haller becomes involve in both murder cases. As I recall, the mystery is resolved in the finial episode.

Netflix has announced there will be a season 2.

Well, finally I did it. I started watching this series to find out why so many people, including my teenage grandkids think it's so great. Here's what it's all about.

Mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White thinks his life can't get much worse. His salary barely makes ends meet, a situation not likely to improve once his pregnant wife gives birth, and their teenage son is battling cerebral palsy. But Walter is dumbstruck when he learns he has terminal cancer. Realizing that his illness probably will ruin his family financially, Walter makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

It's been said many times that it is one of the best TV series ever made. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 96 with an audience score of 97.
Awards:

Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series
2014, 2013 · Bryan Cranston, Vince Gilligan, Moira Walley-Beckett, ...
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
2014 · Jesse Plemons, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, ...
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
2014, 2010, 2009, ... · Bryan Cranston
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
2014, 2013 · Anna Gunn
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
2014, 2013 · Bryan Cranston
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
2014, 2012, 2010 · Aaron Paul
Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
2014 · Bryan Cranston
Satellite Award for Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries & Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
2014 · Aaron Paul
Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series
2013, 2012 · Bryan Cranston
Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Series, Drama/Genre
Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
2014, 2012 · Aaron Paul, Giancarlo Esposito
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
2014 · Moira Walley-Beckett
Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Drama Series
2014, 2013 · Vince Gilligan, Rian Johnson
Producers Guild of America Award - Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television - Drama
2015, 2014 · Bryan Cranston, Vince Gilligan, Moira Walley-Beckett, ...
Writers Guild of America Award for Best Drama Series
2014, 2013, 2012 · Vince Gilligan, Moira Walley-Beckett, Peter Gould, ...
NME Award for Best TV Series
TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama
2009 · Bryan Cranston
Satellite Award for Best Television Series, Drama
2014, 2010, 2009 · AMC
Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Drama Series
2014, 2013
Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
2014, 2013, 2009, ... · Skip MacDonald, Kelley Dixon, Lynne Willingham
TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Drama
2012, 2010
British Academy Television International Award
2014 · Vince Gilligan, Mark Johnson, Sam Catlin, ...
TCA Award for Program of the Year
2014, 2013
People's Choice Award for Favorite Series We Miss Most
Peabody Award
2014, 2009 · Sony Pictures Television
PEN USA Literary Award for a Teleplay
2009 · George Mastras
Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series
Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series - Google Search

My opinion is that it is well worth watching if you like series like the Sopranos where the good guys are really the bad guys or maybe the bad guys or really the good guys. Anyway, I have never watched a show that is as consistently genuine and engaging as Breaking Bad. This is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows ever. Unlike so many shows it doesn't depend on cliff hangers to keep it's audience. The character development is so good, that you'll come back because you want know more about them and you want to see how the story unfolds.

One warning is the there are some pretty bloody scenes. And some say it glorifies drug dealing, however I disagree on this point. The show is much about why people are into drugs, from the central character who does bad things for some very good reasons to hapless young people who simply have nothing else in their lives, to those whose lives have been destroyed by drugs, to those that are so evil they don't deserve to live.

It's available on Netflix, Prime Video, VUDU, Redbox., Vudu Movie & TV Store or Apple TV on your Roku device.
Yes !! Yes
It just gets more and more intense !!
When you finish , you have BCS

Well, finally I did it. I started watching this series to find out why so many people, including my teenage grandkids think it's so great. Here's what it's all about.

Mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White thinks his life can't get much worse. His salary barely makes ends meet, a situation not likely to improve once his pregnant wife gives birth, and their teenage son is battling cerebral palsy. But Walter is dumbstruck when he learns he has terminal cancer. Realizing that his illness probably will ruin his family financially, Walter makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

It's been said many times that it is one of the best TV series ever made. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 96 with an audience score of 97.
Awards:

Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
2014, 2013 · Anna Gunn
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
2014 · Bryan Cranston
Satellite Award for Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries & Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
2014 · Aaron Paul
Producers Guild of America Award - Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television - Drama
2009 · Bryan Cranston
2014, 2010, 2009 · AMC
2014, 2013
Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
2012, 2010
2014, 2013
Peabody Award
2009 · George Mastras

My opinion is that it is well worth watching if you like series like the Sopranos where the good guys are really the bad guys or maybe the bad guys or really the good guys. Anyway, I have never watched a show that is as consistently genuine and engaging as Breaking Bad. This is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows ever. Unlike so many shows it doesn't depend on cliff hangers to keep it's audience. The character development is so good, that you'll come back because you want know more about them and you want to see how the story unfolds.

One warning is the there are some pretty bloody scenes. And some say it glorifies drug dealing, however I disagree on this point. The show is much about why people are into drugs, from the central character who does bad things for some very good reasons to hapless young people who simply have nothing else in their lives, to those whose lives have been destroyed by drugs, to those that are so evil they don't deserve to live.

It's available on Netflix, Prime Video, VUDU, Redbox., Vudu Movie & TV Store or Apple TV on your Roku device.
Here is my story...for what its worth. I began watching it when BB was on that weird hiatus between the next to final season and final season. I think there was some long lay off between the two for some reason. Anyway, a co-worker of mine casually told me to watch it. I had Nexflix at the time so I figured what the hell. The first big hook that got me to commit to the series was
Krazy 8 being a CI.

From that point on, I was hooked. It is, the only series where I watched right up to the point to where there were no more new episodes. And I was actually upset that I "ran out" of episodes to watch. The same thing kind of happened with Ted Lasso a few weeks ago.

Part of me knew, intellectually, that this show was going to break some new ground. It did. The absolute loneliness of the drug trade and that you couldn't trust anybody is driven home time and again. The aftermath of and the unintended consequences of the trade. The broken families and absolute unvarnished reality of the lifestyle. I loved the show.

At some point, I expect to do the same thing with Better Call Saul but, for whatever reason, I haven't done it yet.

I don't think there has ever been a better series than Breaking Bad.
Perhaps more than any other reason is it stays genuine.
It doesn't jump the shark, it doesn't produce "wasted episodes", it doesn't have the characters doing things you know they wouldn't do.
Boardwalk Empire on HBO is the only show that can hold a candle to it.

I don't think there has ever been a better series than Breaking Bad.
Perhaps more than any other reason is it stays genuine.
It doesn't jump the shark, it doesn't produce "wasted episodes", it doesn't have the characters doing things you know they wouldn't do.
Boardwalk Empire on HBO is the only show that can hold a candle to it.
Agreed. Boardwalk is a great series.

BB had some moments that were truly spectacular. One of the many great moments was when Mr. White is exposed by his BIL in the garage. That scene is outstanding. The acting was amazing.

Ive watched it twice. There is a movie that continues from the end as well. I recommend watching that as well. El camino, I believe. It starts right where the series ends.

Agreed. Boardwalk is a great series.

BB had some moments that were truly spectacular. One of the many great moments was when Mr. White is exposed by his BIL in the garage. That scene is outstanding. The acting was amazing.

Ive watched it twice. There is a movie that continues from the end as well. I recommend watching that as well. El camino, I believe. It starts right where the series ends.
El Camino was excellent also.

You must have torn your cousin-maker reaching like that....
Mayhem, murder and drug dealing is acceptable when it is sanitized by the Hollywood elite. Stick a simple thing like a confederate flag into the mix and the series would have been toast. That's life in the politically (if not morally) correct fantasy world of pop culture.

Mayhem, murder and drug dealing is acceptable when it is sanitized by the Hollywood elite
Dude, I think prose and theater above the 5th grade level is just too much for you.

The point of the show was that they were "anti heroes". Everyone watching knew the world would be a better place, if they dropped dead immediately.

One interesting effect of such clever writing is to make you root for evil people, in spite of yourself. It's entertaining to lose that control, when watching fiction.

But this is clearly all far too nuanced for you. Stick to comic books, son.

Awards:

2014, 2013 · Anna Gunn
2014 · Bryan Cranston
2014 · Aaron Paul
2009 · Bryan Cranston
2014, 2010, 2009 · AMC
2014, 2013
2012, 2010
2014, 2013
Peabody Award
2009 · George Mastras

Mad Men is the best. Breaking Bad is close.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back