Brazilian Authorities Will Revive Fraud Case Against George Santos

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Just a month before his 20th birthday, Mr. Santos entered a small clothing store in the Brazilian city of Niterói outside Rio de Janeiro. He spent nearly $700 using a stolen checkbook and a false name, court records show.

Mr. Santos admitted the fraud to the shop owner in August 2009, writing on Orkut, a popular social media website in Brazil, “I know I screwed up, but I want to pay.” In 2010, he and his mother told the police that he had stolen the checkbook of a man his mother used to work for, and used it to make fraudulent purchases.

A judge approved the charge in September 2011 and ordered Mr. Santos to respond to the case. But by October, he was already in the United States and working at Dish Network in College Point, Queens, company records show.

Despite his earlier confessions, Mr. Santos has recently denied any criminal involvement, telling The New York Post, “I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world.”

If Mr. Santos does not present a defense in the Brazilian case, he will be tried in absentia. If found guilty, Mr. Santos could receive up to five years in prison, plus a fine.

Just a month before his 20th birthday, Mr. Santos entered a small clothing store in the Brazilian city of Niterói outside Rio de Janeiro. He spent nearly $700 using a stolen checkbook and a false name, court records show.

Mr. Santos admitted the fraud to the shop owner in August 2009, writing on Orkut, a popular social media website in Brazil, “I know I screwed up, but I want to pay.” In 2010, he and his mother told the police that he had stolen the checkbook of a man his mother used to work for, and used it to make fraudulent purchases.

A judge approved the charge in September 2011 and ordered Mr. Santos to respond to the case. But by October, he was already in the United States and working at Dish Network in College Point, Queens, company records show.

Despite his earlier confessions, Mr. Santos has recently denied any criminal involvement, telling The New York Post, “I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world.”

If Mr. Santos does not present a defense in the Brazilian case, he will be tried in absentia. If found guilty, Mr. Santos could receive up to five years in prison, plus a fine.

Are the rest of the Republicans like DeSantis? He didn't have enough illegal aliens for his political stunt, so he imported some from Texas. The Rebublicans further north didn't have enough criminals and liars to fill out their ticket so the used one imported from Brazil, knowing real republicans would support him anyway?

Typical Republican.

Well, actually I take that back.

The actions are not that of a typical republican...the damage control and whitewashing has been a typically republican exercise.

He should have done that in a Dem city only a misdemeanor on purpose.

Santos is an embarrassment to this country.

I know, but your team is a bunch of crooks.....Hey, maybe he will be up for some of that faux bipartisanship.
This is from a guy who just accused me of being sanctimonious. Thank the lord you retards don't get irony. :itsok:

Cool when Brazil comes to pick Santos up they can take back all their citizens who illegally enter the US.

Santos certainly is a fraud.

Forum List

Back