Don't Expel George Santos

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

First, the GOP needs his vote. Second, it is not like Santos is the only degenerate, lying crook in Congress. If he goes, then we need to get rid of the rest of them, which will hit the Dem trash much harder than the GOP. Third, expelling this guy makes the GOP look even squishier. The push to oust this cross-dressing homo is largely political. He has not even been to trial yet, for fuck's sake. Fourth, let the voters decide. That is the most legitimate and fair way to determine his fate.

First, the GOP needs his vote. Second, it is not like Santos is the only degenerate, lying crook in Congress. If he goes, then we need to get rid of the rest of them, which will hit the Dem trash much harder than the GOP. Third, expelling this guy makes the GOP look even squishier. The push to oust this cross-dressing homo is largely political. He has not even been to trial yet, for fuck's sake. Fourth, let the voters decide. That is the most legitimate and fair way to determine his fate.
If he's a cross dressing homo don't the Dims want to keep him??

yes, agreed!

Santos represents the tone of American politics.

The reason why I had already referred to him as Mr. America on the political scene.

exactly...these repunks going after this guy PUT IN THIS POSITION BY VOTERS is doing no more than the others are doing. If he spills thuh beans on what they're doing...he's wake up dead one morning.

WOW, KNOWN criminal only keep for political vote.
Both sides do it, not good for us.
Winning needs to be for right reasons, keeping bad politicians in the end not good for the country.

I'm against tossing out legally elected officials of any party, even when I loathe them.

Although, just a friendly warning here, but what Trump is alluding to with the military and the DOJ will not even pass this SC's muster. And that is impeachable under any party. Personally, I'd be overjoyed if Little Nikki is the nominee, and next potus. (assuming she'd really get behind a natl law allowing abortion up to 15 weeks)

Go ahead and make him a martyr..... the GOP is broke... there is no money coming in... the RNC is being run by a traitor to the republican party and if republicans vote to kick out one of their own it will only get worse for them....

If republicans were smart this is the useful idiot that needs to be kicked out....
but they show all the time how misguided some of them are...

1701374885930.png

exactly...these repunks going after this guy PUT IN THIS POSITION BY VOTERS is doing no more than the others are doing. If he spills thuh beans on what they're doing...he's wake up dead one morning.

Put in this position by voters who were told Santos has an advanced degree, impressive business experience, a gut wrenching family history along with dozens of other lies

And don’t say “They all do it”

Santos is one of a kind

Santos represents the best Republicans have to offer
Well, Santos took the card from the Trump playbook. Trump's been pro choice since he learned how babies get maid. (pun), and he hasn't paid taxes and doesn't give a shit about deficits. Well, actually he's probably more concerned with his personal shits than the deficits.

So, unless the voters demand the gop's return, candidates are free to lie without any penalty because the only point of politics is what you can get for supporting one or another crook. And that can infect the D's as much as the R's

His constituents feel betrayed and they want him gone OP.

Now what?
There's an election coming up.

It's not an analogy, but Adam Clayton Powell's expulsion bothered me. He was a crook, but his real crime was he was not an apologist for American racism. That, together with Vietnam, and the assassinations of RFK and MLK jr, taught me that people with much, much more power than I were out to use me like dirt, or simply a dead body, to gain money or fame or whatever for themselves.

I realize this mook is in trouble for simply being a crook. Santos has less loyalty than Powell on his worst day. But if we kick out the Bobberts and MTG ... then they'll go for AOC, who possibly is not a horrid person but just has political and economic leanings not seen since McCarthy and the communists. (not calling AOC a commie)

Put in this position by voters who were told Santos has an advanced degree, impressive business experience, a gut wrenching family history along with dozens of other lies

And don’t say “They all do it”

Santos is one of a kind
Is he "one of a kind" or is he the new breed brought by Trump and a news organization that has just admitted it lied about biden stealing an election and paid near a billion in damages?

I'm sincere, but certainly cynical, in asking that.

Is he "one of a kind" or is he the new breed brought by Trump and a news organization that has just admitted it lied about biden stealing an election and paid near a billion in damages?

I'm sincere, but certainly cynical, in asking that.
Alternative Facts is the new norm for Republicans

Not proud of your resume?
Just make one up

There's an election coming up.

It's not an analogy, but Adam Clayton Powell's expulsion bothered me. He was a crook, but his real crime was he was not an apologist for American racism. That, together with Vietnam, and the assassinations of RFK and MLK jr, taught me that people with much, much more power than I were out to use me like dirt, or simply a dead body, to gain money or fame or whatever for themselves.

I realize this mook is in trouble for simply being a crook. Santos has less loyalty than Powell on his worst day. But if we kick out the Bobberts and MTG ... then they'll go for AOC, who possibly is not a horrid person but just has political and economic leanings not seen since McCarthy and the communists. (not calling AOC a commie)
I don't equate the others with Santos. He's in a league of his own.

It took a complacent media .... and in NYC no less. I didn't see that coming. Not really different from Hearst and Greeley.

With the internet today….somebody knows your dirty laundry.
Santos screwed a lot of people

Surprising someone didn’t spill the beans

So..........because the Ethics Committee report revealed evidence even Repubs can't ignore........your response is to post false equivalences comparing Santos to Dems. Sad.

BTW, I was proud to see many Dems decline to vote for expulsion on the first vote because they did not want to set a precedent whereby Reps could be expelled without due process. It showed integrity and forward thinking.

Forum List

Back