Boy........Did we ever get Schlonged

Major butt kicking by Republicans as Trump wins probably the most impressive victory in history. Never thought he could take a majority of swing states let alone shatter the blue wall

The SENATE. Republicans had to defend 26 states and defended 24. Unbelievable ground game by Republicans and Trumps coat tails were longer than could be expected

So now the Supreme Court will go 5-4 conservative and probably 6-3

The American people have spoken and I wish President Elect Trump the best

Why thank you for your statement!
Here are some of the reasons though..

ElectoralVote
Over the next several days, we'll cover some of the fallout from this earth-shattering development. For now, a few immediate questions, lessons, etc.:

• How can the pollsters ever show their faces again? They missed, early and often, over and over. For all the recent polling embarrassments, this one will be the king for a very long time.

• Beyond polling, every other "clue" that we have for predicting an election has been thrown into question. Unemployment is 4.9% The stock market is as high as it's ever been. Obama's approval rating is sky-high (by modern standards). The betting markets were wrong. The polling aggregators (including us) were wrong. The exit polls were wrong.

• Similarly, everything we thought we knew about campaigning was apparently in error. Conventions? Don't matter. Debates? Don't matter. Endorsements? Don't matter. High-profile defections? Don't matter. Missteps? Don't matter? Commercials? Don't matter. Ground game? Doesn't matter. An All-Star team of campaign surrogates, including one former president, one sitting president, and a wildly popular first lady? Doesn't matter. The "blue wall"? Not a thing.

Your assessment is spot on

All of the previous indicators of election success can now be thrown out. How the hell did Trump do it?

A question historians will argue for decades
Simple...he spoke to the people...

Major butt kicking by Republicans as Trump wins probably the most impressive victory in history. Never thought he could take a majority of swing states let alone shatter the blue wall

The SENATE. Republicans had to defend 26 states and defended 24. Unbelievable ground game by Republicans and Trumps coat tails were longer than could be expected

The question is, during President Trump's reign will you continue to create "GOOD NEWS" threads about the economy having 5% unemployment?

Why wouldn't I?

I want the country and the economy to do well. If Trumps policies create jobs and spark the economy, I say good for him. If he screws things up....I will criticize that also

I expect the market to crash today but should recover over the next month or so as the shock of Trumps victory wears off

Why thank you for your statement!
Here are some of the reasons though..

ElectoralVote
Over the next several days, we'll cover some of the fallout from this earth-shattering development. For now, a few immediate questions, lessons, etc.:

• How can the pollsters ever show their faces again? They missed, early and often, over and over. For all the recent polling embarrassments, this one will be the king for a very long time.

• Beyond polling, every other "clue" that we have for predicting an election has been thrown into question. Unemployment is 4.9% The stock market is as high as it's ever been. Obama's approval rating is sky-high (by modern standards). The betting markets were wrong. The polling aggregators (including us) were wrong. The exit polls were wrong.

• Similarly, everything we thought we knew about campaigning was apparently in error. Conventions? Don't matter. Debates? Don't matter. Endorsements? Don't matter. High-profile defections? Don't matter. Missteps? Don't matter? Commercials? Don't matter. Ground game? Doesn't matter. An All-Star team of campaign surrogates, including one former president, one sitting president, and a wildly popular first lady? Doesn't matter. The "blue wall"? Not a thing.

Your assessment is spot on

All of the previous indicators of election success can now be thrown out. How the hell did Trump do it?

A question historians will argue for decades

You don't owe anyone anything.......keep the avatar and statement the way you want or change it....you stepped up.

Hats off to you RW.

rightwinger. The Clinton faction, your faction, is done. Please if you could be more polite to the younger faction as you were a real asshole this election. Please just get out of the way and shut the fuck up going forward. Thanks :)

rightwinger. The Clinton faction, your faction, is done. Please if you could be more polite to the younger faction as you were a real asshole this election. Please just get out of the way and shut the fuck up going forward. Thanks :)
We can only hope the Clinton's fade into the sunset..

I think we can assume that

Be interesting to see what happens with the Obamas

about your sig line-----------------------------------------------duh

I think we can assume that

Be interesting to see what happens with the Obamas

The Clinton third way faction is done. Sanders popularity should show that. The pro corporatism faction of the dems just got crushed. Time to move aside and stop hurting the party.

Kind word RW and I know you really wanted Hillary to win though she isn't worth your loyalty.

Hell. She couldn't even come down to speak with those who were waiting at her headquarters.

I watched the whole thing last night and Trump was stuck at 259 and Hillary at 219. They were waiting for PA, MI, MN, Alaska, NH and Arizona to count their votes.

PA finally was declared for Trump and it was enough for him to get the 270 he needed. One hell of a night and you can bet I'm not worth a shit at work today. LOL

Did you learn anything?

Hard to say...

I have totally lost faith in polling after they totally botched the 2014 and 2016 elections
I had always thought a candidate had to be "Presidential" to win, it is obviously no longer true
I have learned that both parties have lost political influence
I have once again learned that the voters are always right.......even when I think they are wrong

Did you learn anything?

Hard to say...

I have totally lost faith in polling after they totally botched the 2014 and 2016 elections
I had always thought a candidate had to be "Presidential" to win, it is obviously no longer true
I have once again learned that the voters are always right.......even when I think they are wrong
No one likes the federal government telling them how live their lives...:fu:

Did you learn anything?

Hard to say...

The democratic primaries were cordial. Both parties were "presidential". Your third way corporate candidate won, then failed badly in the general election. You know, the candidate you pushed on everyone and said if you don't vote for her you are dumb, don't understand the process, etc. You were an asshole, your candidate bombed. Now please get the fuck out of the way.

That's very nice of you to say RW.

Peace!

110ea5b064a0424bb27c1c5569542edb.jpg

BTW, I intend to keep their feet to the fire with the same intensity that I did before when the left was running things.......this is what I do.....

I agree 100% with you! Trump must perform as far as I'm concerned. He has the wind to his back and there are NO excuses!
He's already done what he needed to do...keep Hillary out of the WH. That was my only concern, we've just avoided another world war.
Really? I think we may have just got into one.

The conflict between Russia and the US was just rejected by the voters.

It's not like the muslim terrorists were being nice to us because they thought HIllary was going to win.

What a great concession speech. You really had no choice though, now did you? The reality is that you are a linear thinker in a cyclical universe. We are in the winter of the saeculum cycle. Have been for the past 10 years or so. The return to conservative values is entirely predictable.
Conservative? Trump is no conservative...
Sure he is. What's he not conservative about other than free trade?

AND as the WTO airbus ruling proved, what we have now is not Free Trade.

It's a Trade War were we have not been fighting back.

Not only was this election a surprise for many, but so is your post. Thanks for that.

I told you his message was designed for the Rust Belt.

And kudos to West Virginia for not falling for the "well, I when I said I would close the coal mines, I didn't mean CLOSE, the coal mines" bs.

Kudos to you Correll

You were obviously dead on in your political evaluation and I could not have been more wrong

It was a great victory for Republicans and now all they have to do is deliver on what they have promised

I have already posted on Trump's site that I am waiting for results, as a supporter that voted for him and donated money.

As for you, thanks for your sportsmen like words.

You might want to consider that if you were wrong about this, that you could be wrong about other things you are very sure of.

Like your bone deep assumption of racism for those on the Right.

Forum List

Back